What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Levi a Knight until at least 2020

Knight76

Juniors
They need to be coming off the back fence and hitting it up with more pace and aggression. They just seem to trundle up and even then they make yards and are difficult to pull down. They frustrate me a little as they could be so much more impactful. Maybe it will come with a few more pre seasons. Here is hoping.

I have the same opinion. They don't hit the line with the intensity that I think they should be. They kind of amble up to the line and due to their size, make metres post contact.

I think they are too big and need to trim it down some to allow more mobility.

Time will tell how they develop.

perverse

Referee
That makes at least 3 of us, then. It's hard to criticise players of their age, as I've said in the past - generally at any other club we might have seen a few games from these guys off the bench over the past year and that's about it - they'd be in 20's or reserve grade fighting to earn a callup.

All we can do is bring in a mentor or 2 and see how they develop. It's really up to them how good they want to be.

slotmachine

First Grade
Overlooked for kiwis. They picked another young hooker from the Storm. He'd be pretty unhappy.

Oh, it's just as a development player. Hopefully they're just sharing it around.

Still Nutty

Juniors
With our luck, I'm happy he is not playing....

I've got enough worries that Sam Stone, Sam Mataora, Daniel and Jacob, Pete and Sione, Nathan Ross and Pauli Pauli are all in a position to pick up injuries through the rep round without having him in a position to pick up a knock too.

Although I am interested to see how Ross goes in the Centres for City

Pedge1971

First Grade
Thank f**k for this. Last few weeks have convinced me we have it right with Danny. He will be a player if he can maintain the rage.

Still Nutty

Juniors
That run at the back end of the second half to put Daniel into the clear is just a glimpse of what I see him developing....and apart from the obvious talent that is developing every week, I've spoken to him on the sidelines after the game a few times now and the other thing that has struck me is that you could not genuinely meet a nicer, more down to earth kid.

From a spine perspective - with Ponga, Levi (and I think Lamb is developing better than I expected), we have 3/4 of a quality 4, in key positions to build a competitive team.

It is not that cut and dried but I have more faith as time goes on that we are going in the right direction and, if we can secure just a couple of quality signings (half and 1 or 2 more senior forwards), 2018 does really offer us a proposition that the club has really turned the corner and we are putting in long term foundations for a competitive team.

perverse

Referee
That run at the back end of the second half to put Daniel into the clear is just a glimpse of what I see him developing....and apart from the obvious talent that is developing every week, I've spoken to him on the sidelines after the game a few times now and the other thing that has struck me is that you could not genuinely meet a nicer, more down to earth kid.

From a spine perspective - with Ponga, Levi (and I think Lamb is developing better than I expected), we have 3/4 of a quality 4, in key positions to build a competitive team.

It is not that cut and dried but I have more faith as time goes on that we are going in the right direction and, if we can secure just a couple of quality signings (half and 1 or 2 more senior forwards), 2018 does really offer us a proposition that the club has really turned the corner and we are putting in long term foundations for a competitive team.
Yeah, I'm more comfortable than I was a fortnight ago. I fully expected a mass capitulation after we were running into some shoddy looking form, but they've righted the ship and keep on plugging away. It's pretty impressive in the face of so much losing.

D Saifiti has been really immense the past few weeks.

Joel-22

Juniors
Lamb at the very least will be a terrific club footballer. People forget this is his first year in grade and he only just turned 20 this year in January. So far he has shown he has every attribute you'd want in a half.

Spot On

Coach
I think a lot of people forget how young and inexperienced a lot of our players are. I'm impressed with all of them. Dan, Brock and Danny are improving weekly and will be stars when they get their 50 plus games under their belts.

I'm a massive fan of Stone and Yates as well. Yet to see too much from Jacob S but there's plenty of time.

There's no doubt in my mind that we are heading in the direction BUT we do need some big signings to bring it all together.

There will ups and downs in the young blokes form for a while to come yet. What we really need this year is for these young guns to avoid major injuries and get to play as much footy together as possible.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
People rant and rave about the panthers young halves but I reckon lamb would have par stats, if not better than them.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I think a lot of people forget how young and inexperienced a lot of our players are. I'm impressed with all of them. Dan, Brock and Danny are improving weekly and will be stars when they get their 50 plus games under their belts.

I'm a massive fan of Stone and Yates as well. Yet to see too much from Jacob S but there's plenty of time.

There's no doubt in my mind that we are heading in the direction BUT we do need some big signings to bring it all together.

There will ups and downs in the young blokes form for a while to come yet. What we really need this year is for these young guns to avoid major injuries and get to play as much footy together as possible.

It's so frustrating that the good players that we signed ie Kostjasyn and Buhrer are currently injured. Fingers crossed that Ponga and new signings have better luck with injury. We can't keep playing an incredibly inexperienced team every week next year like we have this year.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Lamb isn't playing behind a forward pack led by rep players either

Lamb has really made huge leaps forward. I think youre right, the only difference between him and Cleary is that the Panthers give him a far better platform to play off...

Im also really impressed with Feeney, i think the hate directed at him after his stint at FB was unfair; it was his first go in a very difficult position. If we can get Maloney or somethone similar, Feeney is a good back-up half to have around and maybe even, with a bit of maturity, a longer term prospect to take over at 7.

In the mean time, i think for next year, he has earned the bench-utility spot (or atleast he will be in a close fight with Randell)...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm happy for Feeney to be our #7 until we sign a decent one, it's not like we have anyone better right now anyway so there's no downside to him getting a few more games under his belt at this stage.

Lamb has been quite impressive in his last few games. He seems to be growing into his role a bit more and making better decisions on field. I'd rather have a guy like him who starts slow and then grows into a good first grader rather than someone who starts their career well and then fades into obscurity within a couple of years, there's been plenty of guys out there who match that second description.

Latest posts