What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lewis calls it quits

as others have said, champion player, superb work and fitness ethic, can't ask for any more in a player, so glad he signed with us, an integral part of the Sharks 2010s renaissance. He's more than earned it and I wish him a great life post footy.

Everything you could ask for in a rugby league player ...and then some. ,Will miss watching him . Hope he stays around the club and has a good life after playing days over.

Western Stand

Juniors
We have Gus to thank!
Not really, Gus was the facilitator. It was actually Luke who came and asked for the release.

Firstly, Mick Leary and Matthew Elliot had the Penrith salary cap in a similar position to what the Bulldogs are facing now. That had to be cleaned up, hence the comment by Gus that it will take 5 years to get the place back into shape (no such thing as a 5 year plan to win the premiership, that is Rothfield agenda crap). Big money players had to be shed - Lewis, Jennings, Civoniceva

Secondly, it was Ivan Cleary who took the captaincy away from Luke.

Anyway, a fantastic career from a genuinely nice bloke.

Not really, Gus was the facilitator. It was actually Luke who came and asked for the release.

Firstly, Mick Leary and Matthew Elliot had the Penrith salary cap in a similar position to what the Bulldogs are facing now. That had to be cleaned up, hence the comment by Gus that it will take 5 years to get the place back into shape (no such thing as a 5 year plan to win the premiership, that is Rothfield agenda crap). Big money players had to be shed - Lewis, Jennings, Civoniceva

Secondly, it was Ivan Cleary who took the captaincy away from Luke.

Anyway, a fantastic career from a genuinely nice bloke.
No worries.

carinashark

First Grade
He was great for Penrith and he fitted in so well with us, like he had been here for years.
Best wishes for the future post football.

Straight up #Legend.

Still got it when 100%, but injuries taking longer to recover as time marches on. Let’s send him out as befits, a champion

JJ

Immortal
Great winger, great back rower, great NSW rep, great Aust rep, great Panther, great Shark, and it seems a great bloke.

One of my favourite ever players, just so polished and honest in everything he did/does

price_wideweb__470x335,0.jpg

A moment indelibly etched in my brain as a youngster.

I remember sitting in awe and thinking "what a moment".

Come on Gal and Louie. Make it happen for us.

Latest posts