What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lidcombe Oval

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ive been to Lidcombe Oval a few times, I even played there once in a trial which was a good experience.

Its a good ground, I remember for a while league wasn't really any games played there but since I think about 2011 they have played quite a few games each year.

I don't think they'll be an NRL game and probably not a trial as well. As someone mentioned facilities need to be upgraded for that to happen.

I think a NSW Cup game was played there as a return to Lidcombe, Manly Vs Wests. Unfortunately it was blowout. Manly had the likes of Galuvao, Tony Williams and the wolfman David Williams but Wests had basically a park football side.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lidcombe Oval is in use every second week or so for Ron Massey Cup - Auburn Warriors (Bulldogs feeder club in the 3rd tier) play their home games there

Emu01

Juniors
Lidcombe Oval is in use every second week or so for Ron Massey Cup - Auburn Warriors (Bulldogs feeder club in the 3rd tier) play their home games there

They also play junior league grand finals there.so it must be up to a ok standard you would think.

Timbo

Staff member
I once hit a six into Lidcombe Oval from neighbouring Wyatt Park on my way to 76* and an outright win. Big left arm fast bowler, hit it clean over the scoreboard.

wittyfan

Referee
I pass Lidcombe Oval to and from work on the train and it would need urgent upgrading. It's still stuck in 1967.