What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Likely Kangaroos Four Nations Squad

legend

Coach
Boyd
Mansour
Leillua
Inglis
Radradra
Thurston
Cronk
Jackson
Cordner
Gillett
Scott
Smith
Woods

Graham
Papalii
Klemmer
Morgan

Tedesco
Merrin
Oates
Moylan
James
Fifita

Last edited:

Burns

First Grade
That forward pack seems well behind NZ and ENG.

Last edited:

legend

Coach
I'm hoping for a strong tournament from both the Poms and Kiwis. Good for the game. Australia are by no mens invincible anymore.

Burns

First Grade
I'm hoping for a strong tournament from both the Poms and Kiwis. Good for the game. Australia are by no mens invincible anymore.
You'll find that a comment sentiment of this entire forum ;)

As usual through the weakness for NZ and particularly ENG is in the spine. NZ will depend on how Luke and Johnson go, who helps then in the 1 and 6 positions. Of course with the way Hodgson is playing ENG have a world class hooker, but I'm pretty worried about their halves and fullback spot. There's lots of options, but does not appear to be anyone knocking down the door.

legend

Coach
What will the English side look like? Is Gareth Ellis still playing international footy? You'd have to think with the likes of Hodgson, Whitehead, Burgess brothers, Cooper and Ellis they'd have a pretty strong pack? I must confess i don't know much about their backs aside from Widdop, Burgess and Hardaker as they all play in Australia. Will Jordan Turner make it?

adamkungl

Immortal
What will the English side look like? Is Gareth Ellis still playing international footy? You'd have to think with the likes of Hodgson, Whitehead, Burgess brothers, Cooper and Ellis they'd have a pretty strong pack? I must confess i don't know much about their backs aside from Widdop, Burgess and Hardaker as they all play in Australia. Will Jordan Turner make it?

1 Tomkins/Hardaker/Shaul
2 Hall
3 Watkins
4 Sarginson/Bateman
5 Briscoe/Broughton
6 Widdop/Williams
7 Smith/Sneyd
8 Hill
9 Hodgson
10 Graham
11 Whitehead
12 Currie
13 S Burgess

14 Roby/Clark
15 G Burgess
16 ??
17 ??

I'd expect something along those lines for England, English home fans might have other ideas and Bennett will have others entirely.

Quality side though, forward pack matches the Aussies at least, and the backline are no slouches. The halves are no JT and Cronk but Hodgson has competed with the likes of them all season, and lets be honest Aiden Sezer is no JT either.

I hope the don't pick Widdop - offers nothing, George Williams is a better footballer.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
It would be awesome if Leilua and Papalii play Samoa's 1st International at home rather than play for Australia. Won't happen unfortunately...

supaman

Juniors
It would be awesome if Leilua and Papalii play Samoa's 1st International at home rather than play for Australia. Won't happen unfortunately...
Yeah I mean Australia's got depth so hopefully they share the love lol add Milford in their too and Samoa would be a dangerous for anyone

myrrh ken

First Grade
What's wrong with mbye? Left field choice maybe but I think he's a solid all rounder. Not really spoilt for choice at rake. Unless you think we're robbing Gambia of its best eligible player?

roughyedspud

Coach

Gaz ellis retired from rep footy many years ago...but he's likely to win super leagues man of steel this year..

As for the england team/squad

1. Tomkins/shaul/hardaker
2. J-mac (huddersfield winger)
3. Watkins
4. Dunno? Id give jordan turner a crack
5. Hall
6. Widdop
7. Smith/gale/sneyd/hodkinson/williams
8. Graham & chris hill
9. Hodgson/roby/clark
10. Tom & george
11. Sam/liam farrell
12. Whitehead
13. o'loughlin/sam

Something like that..but im crap at picking squads

adamkungl

Immortal
What's wrong with mbye? Left field choice maybe but I think he's a solid all rounder. Not really spoilt for choice at rake. Unless you think we're robbing Gambia of its best eligible player?

Could dead set think of 100 players more deserving than Mybe. He isn't even first string halfback at Bulldogs (James Graham claims that honour)