What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liverpool v Chelsea - CL Semi Final 2nd Leg

Eddie.

Bench
I think there has been frivilous debate over the years about his fitness levels and body shape.

West Ham fans gave him it and it has stuck.

Ironic that Lamps should indeed hold the record for most consecutive premier League Games. Fat Frank Indeed!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
321381023_176e5a2452_o.jpg

Eddie.

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
Some of you need a thicker skin.

Probably

Im still extremely cut about Going out in the CL Semi Final Again. I think I now know what it is like to be a Dragons fans.

When people who haven't been seen all season come out of the woodwork to bag Chelsea its natural to react.

So don't expect anything other then grumbling from me the next few days. :p

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hybrid_tiger said:
Some of you need a thicker skin.

Thicker skin? I don't like Lampard at all. I reckon he's a pretty good player and that's about it. It's just that (a) having some sort of passionate hatred for him, (b) calling him fat, makes no sense. It's like, if the whole rugby league world suddenly turned on...hmmm...Simon Mannering (random player), and started calling him Fat Simon.

:?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Thierry Henry said:
Thicker skin? I don't like Lampard at all. I reckon he's a pretty good player and that's about it. It's just that (a) having some sort of passionate hatred for him, (b) calling him fat, makes no sense. It's like, if the whole rugby league world suddenly turned on...hmmm...Simon Mannering (random player), and started calling him Fat Simon.

:?

The joke has been going around since his West Ham days.

And no, I don't hate him.

El Coconuto

Bench
lol @ the "I haven't seen my penis in 17 years" comment. That's obviously come from Sir Alex! Haha. Apaprt from that, same old same olds. Lame.

MrSharky

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
Liverpool prove once again that the Champions League is a Mickey Mouse competition that crap sides succeed in ;-)

I realise you intended this as a wind up but when you think about it... recently it hasn't been that far off the mark.

Recently there have been winners of the CL have won it and it has been considered a fluke but this would never have happened under the old two groups stage format - that format really sorted out the men from the boys. This is obvious when looking at the last 10 years of the Champions League:

**Format similar to current (no last 16 only last 8)**

97/98 - Winners: Real Madrid | Deserved Winners: Real Madrid
98/99 - Winners: Man Utd | Deserved Winners: Bayern Munich

**Change of format to include two group stages**

99/00 - Winners: Real Madrid | Deserved Winners: Real Madrid
00/01 - Winners: Bayern Munich | Deserved Winners: Bayern Munich
01/02 - Winners: Real Madrid | Deserved Winners: Real Madrid
02/03 - Winners: AC Milan | Deserved Winners: Real Madrid

**Change of format to current format (2nd group stage replaced by last 16 sudden-death)**

03/04 - Winners: FC Porto | Deserved Winners: Real Madrid
04/05 - Winners: Liverpool | Deserved Winners: AC Milan
05/06 - Winners: Barcelona | Deserved Winners: Barcelona
06/07 - Winners: Liverpool/AC Milan | Deserved Winners: Probably the eventual winner but noone this season stands out: Liverpool consistent throughout entire campaign without being brilliant; Milan decisive when it's counted.

On another note, the two Liverpool-Chelsea ties, both this season and in 05 will go down as THE most BORING ties in history... almost disgraceful stuff at the semi-final stage of the football's biggest club competition..

icon6.gif

Red Bear

Referee
EWven tho everyone calls the liverpool chels match at anfield boring i reallly couldnt care less, I enjoyed the game and was f**king thrilled with the result