What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo Change

Perth Red

Post Whore
If we do change to red, black and old gold what colour shirt will Red Roo have to wear? Thried a rd one but it blended too much, what do you think to a gold shirt?
166299_1809046184719_1196907613_32185511_7653707_n.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
It looks fine as is imo.

It doesn't have to match the player jersey to look good.. Check out this logo and then look at Dolphin's helmet logo. And that's one of the most recognisable logos in US sports.

427_aagl095miami-dolphins-helmet-logo-posters.jpg

BDGS

Bench
yeah don't change the logo just because of new colours, especially if it is as minor as that.

BDGS

Bench
yeah don't change the logo just because of new colours, especially if it is as minor as that.

docbrown

Coach
Well that shirt looks more yellow than Old Gold. The football is actually a very dark/browny tinge of Gold, a bit darker than Old Gold.

If I was doing the graphic design, I would actually remove the jersey.

The reason being is that the kangaroo has to be red - and the real jersey will be predominantly red (not gold as shown) - so when our eyes are drawn to the head/jersey it actually is distracting because we're not focusing on the red - the only way to resolve this is to remove the jersey.

What would work best is:

- a SOLID RED (my preference is Cardinal) KANGAROO - no jersey
- potentially holding an OLD GOLD football
- with BLACK as the outline colour around the edges
- with 'WA' written in OLD GOLD
- and REDS in CARDINAL RED

Thus the black and old gold 'trim' the red and we focus on the RED. Also around the WA REDS logo, you could alternatively use Black (outer) & Old Gold (inner) around the border edges as a dual colour outline.

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
120px-Warl_logo.png

Drop the red completely and get rid of the 80's calamity. Western Australia using its traditional black and gold should burst into the comp not some reincarnation of the super league days ... sorry guys I know what you're going through having copped it on the Gold Coast but a fresh start will win a lot of admirers, imho.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
not sure, I wasn't happy that they resurrected the Reds name at first but it has regrown on me and 1995 was a great year for the Reds and to be a RL fan in Perth. I get the feeling we have a whole new fanbase anyway that aren't scarred by 1997 so I can live with it, it is a great logo as well!

In many ways it feels like the WARL and RL fans are "claiming" back our club from News ltd and the barstewards that took it off us at the end of 1996.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm still big fan of red and yellow, Catalans style. Not really relevant to this discussion though lol

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i hope (and think they will) they change the logo completely. needs to be modernised by the time were in the comp this logo will essentially be 21 years old.

dimitri

First Grade
i hope (and think they will) they change the logo completely. needs to be modernised by the time were in the comp this logo will essentially be 21 years old.

i dont know if i agree.
it was modernised - the roo now has teeth/grit and the sun has gone!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

I think that’s kinda the point, it’s just a modernised version of the Western Reds logo. The WARL is going out of their way to associate the new Reds with the old Reds team. It’ll bring back good memories for the people who supported them back in the mid 90’s.

westernreds_1995.jpg