What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo

rooster25

Juniors
RoosTah I think you've nailed it! What a great logo that incorporates our past and present. We need to make the club aware that this is what the fans want, surely with all our fans on social media including over 200k Facebook Roosters members we could start a petition.

RoosTah

Juniors
RoosTah I think you've nailed it! What a great logo that incorporates our past and present. We need to make the club aware that this is what the fans want, surely with all our fans on social media including over 200k Facebook Roosters members we could start a petition.

Thanks mate! Appreciate all the support.

Yeah, a social media campaign would be great. I'm actually not on Facebook, but I might start pushing it on Twitter. I've contacted Easts Group now, so hopefully someone there will respond with interest.

RoosTah

Juniors
Cheers mate :D

Haven't heard back from Easts, but they suck at that so I might call and bug them for a relevant contact.

I sent it to Gus Worland on Twitter - he was a fan, so I might start by focusing my attention on Roosters fans with a media profile.

If anyone has any of them connected to them on social media (Gus follows me so I could direct message him) I'd be more than happy for you to send this to them.

Chook

First Grade
Top effort RoosTah, I'll sign a petition to get that emblem even it it means another tatt.

Chook.

RoosTah

Juniors
Top effort RoosTah, I'll sign a petition to get that emblem even it it means another tatt.

Chook.

Cheers Chook!

I shot it off to their creative media guy, who seemed pretty curious. Hopefully he shares it around.

I'll work on setting up a social media presence for it in the coming weeks.

Diesel

Referee
Not a Roosters fan, but that logo is awesome. Hopefully you get some traction from the club.

Out of interest, do Roosters supporters like the name Sydney or would you prefer to revert back to Easts/Eastern Suburbs or even Eastern Sydney?

RoosTah

Juniors
Not a Roosters fan, but that logo is awesome. Hopefully you get some traction from the club.

Out of interest, do Roosters supporters like the name Sydney or would you prefer to revert back to Easts/Eastern Suburbs or even Eastern Sydney?

Cheers mate!

If it were up to me I'd prefer for us to go to East-Sydney or Eastern Sydney (Eastern Suburbs doesn't make sense in a national comp), but I've found among fans plenty who want us just to stay as Sydney.

adamkungl

Immortal
Everything in this thread is better than our current one.

BUT my all time fav is the 100 year one

Sydney_Roosters_2007.png

Change the text to read ESDRLFC est. 1908 and it's perfect

RoosTah

Juniors
Everything in this thread is better than our current one.

BUT my all time fav is the 100 year one

Sydney_Roosters_2007.png

Change the text to read ESDRLFC est. 1908 and it's perfect

I always liked that too, but felt it was a little busy and doesn't look as great on the jersey itself shrunk down. The 2014 membership drive one was a nice hark back to the one we had from the 70s to the 90s, but with modern touches, and for a logo I always think you should strive for simplicity.

The 100 year one is good for promotion etc, but it's not great for resizing and the lack of contrast with a lot of the colours (lots of shades of navy blue) make it a little busy for when its smaller on the jersey.

On the social media front - I've set up a twitter page called @NewRoosterLogo. It's pretty bare-bones at the moment, but I'll try to give it a bit more flavour over the week.

Last edited:
Personally, and yes I've been following the Chooks since 1981, I prefer the current logo. The ones proposed do not appeal to me. In my opinion (sorry RoosTah) they look like something from 1950s and not in a good way.

RoosTah

Juniors
Personally, and yes I've been following the Chooks since 1981, I prefer the current logo. The ones proposed do not appeal to me. In my opinion (sorry RoosTah) they look like something from 1950s and not in a good way.

Each to their own. Our current one always just makes me think of Foghorn-Leghorn, and not in a good way.

strong_latte

Juniors
1950s? I don't really see that at all... This is what the Roosters logo actually looked like back in the 1950s:
roosters_1967.jpg

RoosTah

Juniors
1950s? I don't really see that at all... This is what the Roosters logo actually looked like back in the 1950s:
roosters_1967.jpg

It's funny, but I did tinker with the idea of just having the straight Rooster and have it just clutching a footy more in a homage to that version because the direction at the moment is very much one of more simple and historical logos (Pathers is a very nice and clean homage with a modern style and feel, whilst the Eels went full classic and the dogs went classic-modern), but for me the one I've always loved the most was the 1978-1995 logo.

I definitely do favour simplicity though, so I might take another stab at that - although Easts are kinda already doing that be just making the chook alone available on some gear.

strong_latte

Juniors
Spotted your Twitter handle. Good luck with it all, but I wouldn't hold your breath. I really like your design and will happily support it, but you've got to be about the 20th Roosters fan with a grip on graphic design to put up an alternative since the club went all Disney on us all back in 2000.

With that in mind, I wonder how much longer it'll take the club to click that most fans just don't like and didn't support the current logo. If I'd had to guess, I'd bet it's the most maligned NRL logo in the League when it comes to people wanting pretty well anything else.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Loving the idea of that. If you can pm me id be more than happy to share the petition on my league page.

Definitely hate the current logo and can see why others too. The cartoony look and font, the use of 'Sydney' and the fact it only has the Roosters head leaves a lot to be desired. Ill give them kudos for the implementation of the opera house in the crest.

RoosTah

Juniors
Loving the idea of that. If you can pm me id be more than happy to share the petition on my league page.

Definitely hate the current logo and can see why others too. The cartoony look and font, the use of 'Sydney' and the fact it only has the Roosters head leaves a lot to be desired. Ill give them kudos for the implementation of the opera house in the crest.

Cheers mate - very much appreciated. I'll shoot you a message in a bit, but I think I might have a bit more of a play around with a couple ideas. I'm thinking whether I can have the Rooster gripping a footy like the old school one and maybe adding a couple other variations.

Funnily enough, the place I'm getting the least traction is the Chook pen - mostly through complete indifference too, which is surprising.