What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax extends contract

BLM01

First Grade
Good news, bit concerned Millward says we will review in 2020 if he starts to reach his potential. Newsflash Ian..he is off contract in 2020, if you want him longer you better review this in 2019 otherwise it will be too late!

watatank

Coach
Good news, bit concerned Millward says we will review in 2020 if he starts to reach his potential. Newsflash Ian..he is off contract in 2020, if you want him longer you better review this in 2019 otherwise it will be too late!

that's not really fair, they have reviewed his contract this year even though he's off contract 2019!

getsmarty

Immortal

Lomax may not have wanted a longer contract + apparently Samy mentioned cap goes up in 2020..Lomax will be backing himself for a bigger deal then...no doubt...Better to lock him up now til 2020 and they can start talking longer depending on what happens next year.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
No way. Boyd is past it. Never rated him much even when he was with the Dragons. Roberts is over rated. Aitken is out of form and should be sent to seconds. Lafai is not getting the pill often enuff as Wids and Hunt are without any creativity at the moment. Lafai is one of the cleverest backs at our club. As for Dufty.. Has pace but little between the ears. Nene is one of the best finishers in the game. How did he not make the Blues squad?
nenes a queenslander

possm

Coach
Could someone please post the article from the Dragons website.

But good to hear we are building a 10yr plan around him albeit starting with this 1yr extension to 2020
And if they selected Lomax in first grade earlier this season, there would be no doubts and we could have signed him long term right now. When he proves his worth between now and the end of 2020, he will have other clubs clambering for his signature maybe pricing him beyond our reach.

No way. Boyd is past it. Never rated him much even when he was with the Dragons. Roberts is over rated. Aitken is out of form and should be sent to seconds. Lafai is not getting the pill often enuff as Wids and Hunt are without any creativity at the moment. Lafai is one of the cleverest backs at our club. As for Dufty.. Has pace but little between the ears. Nene is one of the best finishers in the game. How did he not make the Blues squad?
Nene, one of the best finishers in the game?? Based on 3-4 aerial jobs that all the wingers can carry off these days? I don't think so.
Hard to agree with what you say.
Aitkin is overrated (especially compared to Jimmy the Jet) and is not a FG centre until such time as his defence becomes much tighter. I have seen no improvement in this boy ever since he arrived on the scene.
Lafai is clever but lazy - cleverest in our club is not a great rating.
Dufty is costing us points right now.
The halves are impotent although now that Widdop is no longer there, we might see Hunt improve.
Backline needs a broom...

New Dragon

Juniors
Did I hear right that Hayden Lomax got signed also? If so that will do me as it could of only been done as a deal to keep Zac there surely. He has been injured most of the year and coming off the bench at best. If a good junior is lost due to something like this I think that would be disappointing. Just a rumour so will see I guess.

Lomax may not have wanted a longer contract + apparently Samy mentioned cap goes up in 2020..Lomax will be backing himself for a bigger deal then...no doubt...Better to lock him up now til 2020 and they can start talking longer depending on what happens next year.
Maybe he was thinking that no matter what happens we will get a new coach in 2020, one that may give him a go, so wait it out till then and see what happens.

LINESPEED

Juniors
And if they selected Lomax in first grade earlier this season, there would be no doubts and we could have signed him long term right now. When he proves his worth between now and the end of 2020, he will have other clubs clambering for his signature maybe pricing him beyond our reach.

Exactly Possm!
Mary's Dead Man Walking now that the media's onto it. Bennett's great for ratings & the story of the Messiah's last dig at the Dragons ticks all the boxes.

Mary refused to give Lomax a gig because he'd've shown up the 2 imposters at centre & he'd've had to sack one of them - something the egomaniac dullard has steadfastly refused to do in the face of universal criticism.
Had he given Lomax & Herbert a run he'd've deflected most of the heat from the Forum, invigorated the team & given us Top 4, because I suspect Lafai & Airken have probably cost us a few games between them.
His treatment of Mann has been nothing short of malicious & I don't buy this 'good guy' stuff at all.
He should take himself and the 2 imposters to Toronto Wolfpack & link up with Lovechild - to re-form the world's worst backline.
I couldn't believe I was willing the Eels on to their 40 points last weekend, just to finish Mc Misery off once & for all. It was just a reflex response to 4 years of frustration I guess.
We need a 'Sack McGregor' & 'Ban The Board' banner on the Hill ASAP because now's the time to put the cleaners through the joint.
Onya Zac - Mary's inaction has probably cost the club $200,000 - as you'll command big bucks post 2020

Last edited:

The calm one

Juniors
What’s the sense in reviewing it in 2019 his manager won’t let him do anything until 2020