What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax extends contract

BLM01

First Grade
What’s the sense in reviewing it in 2019 his manager won’t let him do anything until 2020
Nov 1. 2019....any club can poach him..thats why.
No reason why we cant extend him before that if he shows the goods. It is called player and roster management with a bit of foresight. Young guns are hot property!...and I am only relating this to his comments that they will review hin in 2020.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
that's not really fair, they have reviewed his contract this year even though he's off contract 2019!
My point is with young guns if they show the potential we believe and they say he has....you dont let them come to the off contract year before talking or reviewing. Fine cap goes up in 2020, Dragons know this and how much..pay him accordingly but dont let other clubs swoop.

watatank

Coach
My point is with young guns if they show the potential we believe and they say he has....you dont let them come to the off contract year before talking or reviewing. Fine cap goes up in 2020, Dragons know this and how much..pay him accordingly but dont let other clubs swoop.

That's why the club has extended his deal now and not next year and I'm sure they will look at this again next season. I would like to think we could have secured Lomax for longer than an extra season but the problem is the coach that is not playing him in first grade.

BLM01

First Grade
That's why the club has extended his deal now and not next year and I'm sure they will look at this again next season. I would like to think we could have secured Lomax for longer than an extra season but the problem is the coach that is not playing him in first grade.
Hope you are right. If he plays 1st grade next year and shows the potential they are spruiking then extend him past 2020, next year is all I am saying, dont wait till 2020.

JDHD

Juniors
Exactly Possm!
Mary's Dead Man Walking now that the media's onto it. Bennett's great for ratings & the story of the Messiah's last dig at the Dragons ticks all the boxes.

Mary refused to give Lomax a gig because he'd've shown up the 2 imposters at centre & he'd've had to sack one of them - something the egomaniac dullard has steadfastly refused to do in the face of universal criticism.
Had he given Lomax & Herbert a run he'd've deflected most of the heat from the Forum, invigorated the team & given us Top 4, because I suspect Lafai & Airken have probably cost us a few games between them.
His treatment of Mann has been nothing short of malicious & I don't buy this 'good guy' stuff at all.
He should take himself and the 2 imposters to Toronto Wolfpack & link up with Lovechild - to re-form the world's worst backline.
I couldn't believe I was willing the Eels on to their 40 points last weekend, just to finish Mc Misery off once & for all. It was just a reflex response to 4 years of frustration I guess.
We need a 'Sack McGregor' & 'Ban The Board' banner on the Hill ASAP because now's the time to put the cleaners through the joint.
Onya Zac - Mary's inaction has probably cost the club $200,000 - as you'll command big bucks post 2020

What the f**k are you babbling about? Lomax has spent most of the year out with a broken hand. He would have played more games but he was injured. He’ll get Gypsy’s vacated wing spot next year.

JDHD

Juniors

The coach isn’t playing him in first grade because he’s an 18 year old boy two games back from a badly broken hand.

watatank

Coach
The coach isn’t playing him in first grade because he’s an 18 year old boy two games back from a badly broken hand.

My point is based on 10 minutes of first grade off the bench there's no way that Lomax is extending his contract any longer than a season. Especially when we have a player who was basically an afterthought at last year's June 30 deadline now playing first grade.

Vinnie

Juniors
I have to ask we sign Lomax (who is rated as the next Gasnier hopefully) for just 1 extra year, leave most of our other up and coming juniors languishing but yet we resign Latimore ??? not witstanding we have signed Corbin Sims and have plenty of forwards in our ranks.

Please somebody anybody help me try to understandi this ??

possm

Coach
Nov 1. 2019....any club can poach him..thats why.
No reason why we cant extend him before that if he shows the goods. It is called player and roster management with a bit of foresight. Young guns are hot property!...and I am only relating this to his comments that they will review hin in 2020.
It has the look of the Jack Bird affair all over again. We always knew he was something special but still wouldn't give him a go. So when Lomax puts two or three good games together, his manager will come to him and say 'we're boing to hold off signing until after Nov 1 of that year because I've fielded so many good offers'.

BLM01

First Grade
It has the look of the Jack Bird affair all over again. We always knew he was something special but still wouldn't give him a go. So when Lomax puts two or three good games together, his manager will come to him and say 'we're boing to hold off signing until after Nov 1 of that year because I've fielded so many good offers'.
Exactly my point. If he shows he has got it, sooner than later, dont wait until its too late and pay market value.

watatank

Coach
Well we have had the sense to sign him early a few years ago, and then extend his deal a year early. Can't do much more than that without actually playing first grade and that's pretty much a coaching decision. We have actually done well to sign him considering we have a handbrake of a coach. .

I just think Lomax needs to be convinced that he will get NRL game time because there's not a lot of reason to be confident that he will be a first grade regular. I mean we can't even be sure that Lomax will take over Nightingale's wing spot and that's a really easy decision. Why would Lomax commit any longer than he has without real assurances?

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Under NSWRL rulings, players must feature in at least eight Intrust Super Premiership NSW matches to be eligible for finals selection.

Lomax has played 7 according to his 2018 profile. With the ISP playing their last round game next week, we can expect him to play reserve grade next week. Not playing him would be a travesty for his development.

However, they could do this:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/19...emiership-appearance-for-canterbury-bulldogs/

But I doubt it!

The Damo

Juniors
Ok I gotta call this out.
Clever in what way?
Clever in the fact he never runs hard on to the ball?
Clever in he is always flat footed when he takes a pass?
Clever in his 10% flick pass success rate?
Or just clever in the fact he remains in first grade without ever justifying his place through performance?
Ah BGB, there is perhaps reason to rate Lafai - Just in case you’re interested his success rate for offloads is 91% which I think is basically equal 1st at centre with latrell
He’s equal 6th at centre for line breaks and equal 5th for line break assists. At least cleverish.
And making the 5th most metres at centre is pretty impressive for a dude who never runs hard. He averages more metres per run than noted soft runners Fonua, Gagai, Scott and Dugan.

watatank

Coach
Under NSWRL rulings, players must feature in at least eight Intrust Super Premiership NSW matches to be eligible for finals selection.

Lomax has played 7 according to his 2018 profile. With the ISP playing their last round game next week, we can expect him to play reserve grade next week. Not playing him would be a travesty for his development.

However, they could do this:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/19...emiership-appearance-for-canterbury-bulldogs/

But I doubt it!

Surely they will take into account he has also played u20s and only one nrl game. Joke if otherwise

My man Gasnier

Juniors
Ah BGB, there is perhaps reason to rate Lafai - Just in case you’re interested his success rate for offloads is 91% which I think is basically equal 1st at centre with latrell
He’s equal 6th at centre for line breaks and equal 5th for line break assists. At least cleverish.
And making the 5th most metres at centre is pretty impressive for a dude who never runs hard. He averages more metres per run than noted soft runners Fonua, Gagai, Scott and Dugan.

His defence has improved in leaps and bounds since his arrival at our club as well. They say he is one of the stronger guys in the team when it comes to lifting weights and that can be seen in some of the impact in his tackles. He's a lot better than some of the flack he cops on here.

watatank

Coach
Lomax isn't an nrl regular and has played the majority of games in nsw cup. They can't penalise being injured

gitano

Juniors
His defence has improved in leaps and bounds since his arrival at our club as well. They say he is one of the stronger guys in the team when it comes to lifting weights and that can be seen in some of the impact in his tackles. He's a lot better than some of the flack he cops on here.
Lafai is an excellent centre. Inconvenient news for some on here.