What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lomax Eyes Centre Spot

Drag Queen

Bench
Geez, already bigger than Mary and looks like he has the body to cope with NRL ( probably not every game though ). Hope he doesn't get too big ! Hope Dufty's & Field's bodies bulk up in the off season as it will help them & us enormously.
You have a point Denis. Problem is you can put muscle on a skinny guy but not necessarily make them solid if that makes sense.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
He is actually fairly lanky still
Obviously just turning 18

Though very much the same trajectory as Mark gasnier at same age in building up etc

But when I did watch gaz in the lower grades, gaz had X factor with dummies and speed ...... gas was lethal at same age at beating players one on one and for me Zac doesn’t look that quick in Kota games I have watched of him

Let’s give Zac time though

Unless he jumps ahaead as a winger and or builds up massively I think Zac is a year or two away for a centre possie

But watched his development the last season with keen interest - and he does it easy with out X factor for me

Drag Queen

Bench
“I definitely see myself as a development player and still have a lot to learn as a person and athlete,” Lomax said.

“There are players in front of me - Matt Dufty, Tim Lafai, Euan [Aitken], Gypsy [Jason Nightingale], Nene [MacDonald] – I just love being around those guys and I’m just trying to soak up as much as I can.

These couple of lines speaks volumes for me. Such maturity for an 18 year old kid making his way into grade. There's no overconfidence or impatience there. He knows that he still has a way to go and he's not trying to rush into the first grade side. Too often do I see kids trying to break their contract for a first grade gig at the age of 18/19/20.
Maybe he is the goods. Perhaps he could be our Nathan Cleary or our Kalyn Ponga etc.

ouryear

Juniors
Where is Dino ? He was onto something , speed speed and more speed . I think our coaching staff need to take some maybe that will make them think straight........

Yep......amazing how dino was chased off the forum by people who thought they knew better and that dino was a ratbag.

Well he wasn't, was he....but some know alls are still here, (not you)

Dino got it right 2 yrsago.....SPEEEEEEEDD!

hazzbeen

Bench
Yep......amazing how dino was chased off the forum by people who thought they knew better and that dino was a ratbag.

Well he wasn't, was he....but some know alls are still here, (not you)

Dino got it right 2 yrsago.....SPEEEEEEEDD!
Mate no matter what you cant beat speed , even if the player is just average , but is used right that player can be a match winner . We have lacked this the day Morris left no more long range tries , if someone pickup a lose ball near our line you could bet London to a brick that they would be rounded up .....

ouryear

Juniors
Mate no matter what you cant beat speed , even if the player is just average , but is used right that player can be a match winner . We have lacked this the day Morris left no more long range tries , if someone pickup a lose ball near our line you could bet London to a brick that they would be rounded up .....
Shit yeah....the Blacklock try in the 99 GF rip off versus the outclassed storm team....

Storm kick it through, Blacklock picks it up on the run at high speed....races 90 metres
to score......damn it was a great GF try.

Harrigan is still smug how he ripped us off....awesome try saving tackle by Ainscough at the death....penalty try my arse

Harrigan bought a mercedes with the pay off......Fu#ķer

ALSGI

Bench
Storm kick it through, Blacklock picks it up on the run at high speed....races 90 metres
to score......dam

f**k I just blew in my pants again, thank you.

Cronulla Dugan runs 70m, hit by Dufty...spills the ball, Dufty picks the ball up, beats several over 80m and passes inside to Friz who scores under the posts, to wrap up the 2018 GF.

FMD, missus just got home....

ouryear

Juniors
You have a point Denis. Problem is you can put muscle on a skinny guy but not necessarily make them solid if that makes sense.

I think dugan and lachlan coote were both slim build when they started.....around 80 kgs

But dugan has become toooo big, shit he used to be elusive and dangerous in attack...not any more though

Drag Queen

Bench
f**k I just blew in my pants again, thank you.

Cronulla Dugan runs 70m, hit by Dufty...spills the ball, Dufty picks the ball up, beats several over 80m and passes inside to Friz who scores under the posts, to wrap up the 2018 GF.

FMD, missus just got home....
Meanwhile.. Dufty got thrown into the Grand Stand and Friz still managed to score. :). I promise I won't mention his name again.

Drag Queen

Bench
I think dugan and lachlan coote were both slim build when they started.....around 80 kgs

But dugan has become toooo big, shit he used to be elusive and dangerous in attack...not any more though
Disagree mate. Injury prone, yes. Can't pass, yes. Problem is he could still get out to 20-30 metre line.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would have Lomax penciled in as one centre next year. Lomax looks like one of the best prospects that I have seen in a long time, I am thinking back to Inglis. I am 100% sure that he will become a regular first grader. I am confident that he will become a representative player too. I am sure that he will be a better centre than Aitken or Mann next year, if give the opportunity in first grade from game 1. I have been saying for a over 3 months now that I want to see Lomax given a shot at centre for us next year. He looks to have a very good all round game.

Lomax is so good, that he is probably our best long term fullback prospect. I am a fan of Dufty and hope he has a big year for next year, but along with the halves, fullback is one of the 3 most important positions on the field and you want your best players playing in those positions. Lomax could become a marquee player at fullback.

I can see Lomax becoming one of my favourites, if not my favourite player in years to come.

ouryear

Juniors
Disagree mate. Injury prone, yes. Can't pass, yes. Problem is he could still get out to 20-30 metre line.

But simply not elusive in general play....runs hard and straight like a lock.

How many tries in the past 3 years?
Not bloody many, i have more fingers than duges has tries.

Frank Facer

First Grade
But simply not elusive in general play....runs hard and straight like a lock.

How many tries in the past 3 years?
Not bloody many, i have more fingers than duges has tries.
I would like to see how Dugan would go as an edge backrower. I was suggesting this at the beginning of last year. He is a damaging runner and has a good offload.

ouryear

Juniors
I would like to see how Dugan would go as an edge backrower. I was suggesting this at the beginning of last year. He is a damaging runner and has a good offload.

Interesting .......but too injury pronè i reckon.
Forwards would eat him alive

A boy in a mans body poor duges

Not a shadow on lukè lewis.....hè was / is a tough hombre

Crush

Coach
I would have Lomax penciled in as one centre next year. Lomax looks like one of the best prospects that I have seen in a long time, I am thinking back to Inglis. I am 100% sure that he will become a regular first grader. I am confident that he will become a representative player too. I am sure that he will be a better centre than Aitken or Mann next year, if give the opportunity in first grade from game 1. I have been saying for a over 3 months now that I want to see Lomax given a shot at centre for us next year. He looks to have a very good all round game.

Lomax is so good, that he is probably our best long term fullback prospect. I am a fan of Dufty and hope he has a big year for next year, but along with the halves, fullback is one of the 3 most important positions on the field and you want your best players playing in those positions. Lomax could become a marquee player at fullback.

I can see Lomax becoming one of my favourites, if not my favourite player in years to come.
Wow, strong words Frank. I look forward to watching him play next year, hopefully in the centres for Dragons.

BennyV

Referee
He is actually fairly lanky still
Obviously just turning 18

Though very much the same trajectory as Mark gasnier at same age in building up etc

But when I did watch gaz in the lower grades, gaz had X factor with dummies and speed ...... gas was lethal at same age at beating players one on one and for me Zac doesn’t look that quick in Kota games I have watched of him

Let’s give Zac time though

Unless he jumps ahaead as a winger and or builds up massively I think Zac is a year or two away for a centre possie

But watched his development the last season with keen interest - and he does it easy with out X factor for me
Harsh comparison. Gasnier, IMO, was the most naturally talented footballer that's come through the JV era. If his passion for the game matched his talent, I've no doubt he'd be spoken of in the same sentence as Slater, Thurston and co as modern greats.

If Lomax has near that sort of talent, he'll be a special player. But yes, very young. Best case, he should be eyeing breaking into first grade in the second half of the season, either on the wing or at centre.