What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at our depth for 2018

Curns13

Juniors
So you're confident in Britt, Talakai and and Nicholls plus Kennar????

Against the likes of Tetevano, McLean, Bukuya, etc..........
The 4 you mentioned should play a combined 20 games. The 3 opposition players arent depth players, they are genuine first graders.

ouryear

Juniors
GI. STAR *****
AJ COMING OF AGE....STAR *****
GagaiL. STAR *****
Jennings (unknown) STAR IN MAKING ****
Burns (big unknown) YEP
Cody. STAR ****
AR. STAR ****
Tom (big unknown) YEP
Cook. GREAT PLAYER IN THE MAKING***
Sam. STAR *****
Fui (still young) YEP
Crichton (still young) STAR ******
Murray (still young) YEP

Sutton (ageing) STILL GOING OK ****
Musgrove (big unknown) YEP
Clark. GOOD ****
George (big unknown) YEP

As above, see my rankings.
With 7 stars in your team and a few more in the making, it will be ok!

Rabbits20

Immortal
The 4 you mentioned should play a combined 20 games. The 3 opposition players arent depth players, they are genuine first graders.
Jennings and Burns are only depth players imo at this stage.....

I want more hunger from Tom....

I want George to really wake up....

Turner, Clark and Farah plus aging Sutto could be seen as depth players too but along with Jennings and Burns have to play more games and more minutes due to the fact we have too many rookies of which some won't be ready.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
GI. STAR *****
AJ COMING OF AGE....STAR *****
GagaiL. STAR *****
Jennings (unknown) STAR IN MAKING ****
Burns (big unknown) YEP
Cody. STAR ****
AR. STAR ****
Tom (big unknown) YEP
Cook. GREAT PLAYER IN THE MAKING***
Sam. STAR *****
Fui (still young) YEP
Crichton (still young) STAR ******
Murray (still young) YEP

Sutton (ageing) STILL GOING OK ****
Musgrove (big unknown) YEP
Clark. GOOD ****
George (big unknown) YEP

As above, see my rankings.
With 7 stars in your team and a few more in the making, it will be ok!
What if a few injuries hit??

Curns13

Juniors
Jennings and Burns are only depth players imo at this stage.....

I want more hunger from Tom....

I want George to really wake up....

Turner, Clark and Farah plus aging Sutto could be seen as depth players too but along with Jennings and Burns have to play more games and more minutes due to the fact we have too many rookies of which some won't be ready.....
I agree about Burns and Jennings. I could handle one in the starting side but both is a problem. Turner and Farah aren't in my best 17, they might play 15 games max. Clark abd Sutto are fine off the bench.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree about Burns and Jennings. I could handle one in the starting side but both is a problem. Turner and Farah aren't in my best 17, they might play 15 games max. Clark abd Sutto are fine off the bench.
I reckon we will finish 10th.

11 wins and 13 losses.

I hope I'm wrong and it's about 7th.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Don't think I'm turning a blind eye to your points Curns.

I'm clearly listening to you.....

I think we both make some good points...

I enjoy good respectful discussions..

Rabbits20

Immortal
To me it all comes down to 3 guys. If GI, Reyno and George all play up to the $2.2M they are being paid, we'll be top 8 next year.
Do you know what Tom is on?

I thought one was on 550-600k.

The other twin 500k.

We need a good run with injuries too...

That's killed us lately...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Graham is one to watch very closely I really felt as if he held back when he played first grade. He is only 18 and co captained Australia juniors recently. I predict a big 2018 from him

Travitoh

First Grade
Our forward depth is fine with a good mix of youth and honest jobbers in every position.
I agree that our backs look thin in starting talent but all it'll take is one or two to hit the ground running at preseason and things will change.
We aren't a side that will walk into round one expecting to compete for a premiership but we should be eyeing off a place in the 8 i believe. Have a genuine push for the top 8 and build from there in future seasons.
We have some players with very good junior footy CV's, we just need to be patient and persist with them while they find their feet in first grade.

JetRider

Juniors
Assuming Siebolds plan works out I.e. get individual improvement, have the team work well as a unit and play to our strengths then who knows what they can achieve.