What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking back at the bottom 8

King hit

Coach
The Titans deserve the spoon a lot more than Newcastle at least the Knights showed improvement and put in a top effort every week. You can't say that about the Gold Coast.

Vee

First Grade
Did you like the bit about Gagai having to play well for the Knights next year

Broncos fans seem to know less about other Rugby League clubs then any other fanbase.
I saw it. A small error in an otherwise good summary.

Shorty

Staff member
I think IBM's tribute to the bottom half is about spot on At least someone has thought about the peasants.
Yes I actually enjoyed it!
And LOL@Tigers finishing 6th, no.
Oh Tedescos a 'hog' now...but wait...isnt he going to retire the best fullback ever?

I think Newcastle will improve immensely and MAYBE Canberra if the attitude changes.

Vee

First Grade
Yes I actually enjoyed it!
And LOL@Tigers finishing 6th, no.
Oh Tedescos a 'hog' now...but wait...isnt he going to retire the best fullback ever?

I think Newcastle will improve immensely and MAYBE Canberra if the attitude changes.
I don't see Newie vastly improved, they've bought a mixed bag and still lack leaders.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lol@Wests Tigers...........
Mate, Souths won 2 more games than wests this year. It's hardly something you should gloat over considering how little you rate them.

How do you think they'll fare next season? TKe off the tiger dislike glasses and give me an honest assessment

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Tigers had the season from hell this year. Everything that could go wrong did plus more.

They played round 26 missing 12, yes 12, of their best side from the start of the year.

They played the second most top 8 sides out of anyone this year and had over $1mil of their cap playing elsewhere.

Every player improved under Cleary and now he'll have a full off season with a team he wants.

In the last 8 rounds they played 6 top 8 sides yet from those 8 weeks have a positive points differential.

There are only positives looking to season 2018 for tigers fans. I really struggle to see how anyone thinks we won't be better then this year. I can't wait.

hellteam

First Grade
I don't think the Gold Coast are in a worse situation than the Knights end of 2016.

They have a decent squad. Newcastle probably had 15+ out of their 25 man squad that shouldn't have been anywhere near NRL at the time.

Gold Coast have a lot to sort out, but they were competitive a lot of the time this year. They beat the Storm from memory. They were good before Hayne last year with a similar squad. Cut Hayne and I think they'll be back on track.

I actually think they have the most improvement in them next year from the bottom 6 or so teams.

Peter Sterling has long complained about top 8, and wants to go back to top 5.
Peter Sterling also said that Kieran Foran will forever be an eels icon, nobody would remember his time at manly

He is the most important buy in the history of Parramatta

davi

Juniors
8th shouldn't play in a grand final

I don't remember anyone having a problem with the eels making the Grand final in 2009. It was a exciting Cinderella story with Jarryd Hayne carrying the Eels on his back. Never has came close to that form again, although teams defenses probably have concentrated more on him after that season.

I don't remember anyone having a problem with the eels making the Grand final in 2009. It was a exciting Cinderella story with Jarryd Hayne carrying the Eels on his back. Never has came close to that form again, although teams defenses probably have concentrated more on him after that season.

Imo dragons tanked to drop manly out because they couldn't run with us, but Bennett forget how to start the engine again

Latest posts