What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing Jesse Ramien biggest mistake since?

Ads

First Grade
Well theres probably one thing he can do straight away to keep Katoa and thats pick him ahead of Feki this week. Weird that he can dominate pre season to claim the round 1 wing spot but cant get back in ahead of Feki who has already been dropped.

Eion

First Grade
Well theres probably one thing he can do straight away to keep Katoa and thats pick him ahead of Feki this week. Weird that he can dominate pre season to claim the round 1 wing spot but cant get back in ahead of Feki who has already been dropped.
Feki is one of flannos favourites, but massive pressure to perform on both Feks and Lee...which is great. Lee has just been too good to drop and I am sure has surprised flanno as much as anyone.

Feki is one of flannos favourites, but massive pressure to perform on both Feks and Lee...which is great. Lee has just been too good to drop and I am sure has surprised flanno as much as anyone.

Yup Lee would have been probably 4th or 5th best winger at start of the year but hasn’t disappointed since getting his chance. We were conceding a lot of shyte tries from cross field kicks and Lee ullifies that tactic.

But Lee is probably our slowest winger option as a down side. Particularly getting turned around with a kick behind him like what happened last week against the Knights which led to a try.

YTSharks

Juniors
Yup Lee would have been probably 4th or 5th best winger at start of the year but hasn’t disappointed since getting his chance. We were conceding a lot of shyte tries from cross field kicks and Lee ullifies that tactic.

But Lee is probably our slowest winger option as a down side. Particularly getting turned around with a kick behind him like what happened last week against the Knights which led to a try.
Slow on that regard maybe, but I’m open field he’d be gone. Against the dragons Reggie’s earlier this year, one of their backs made an intercept and Eddy caught him coming from the other side of the field without breaking out of a trot

Slow on that regard maybe, but I’m open field he’d be gone. Against the dragons Reggie’s earlier this year, one of their backs made an intercept and Eddy caught him coming from the other side of the field without breaking out of a trot

I’m saying slow compared to Katoa, Holmes and Feki.

I’d back the above three to beat him at short finishes to the try line.

There was a game against St.Merge First Grade at the gong this year and Lee should have scored with the space he had but got run down by Euan Aitken.

Any of the above three would have found the try line.

YTSharks

Juniors
I’m saying slow compared to Katoa, Holmes and Feki.

I’d back the above three to beat him at short finishes to the try line.

There was a game against St.Merge First Grade at the gong this year and Lee should have scored with the space he had but got run down by Euan Aitken.

Any of the above three would have found the try line.
Fair enough for short distance and comparatively but I think he’s at least on par with Feki.
I recall that moment actually, I’d argue Feki wouldn’t have gotten there.
Still, it’s a great debate to have for the club

Ads

First Grade
Feki would be the slowest of the wingers. Lee has those long ass legs, deceptively quick.

cb4

First Grade
Katoa is the fastest at our club. He smashed all the records pre season in terms of speed testing.
Lee is quick though, he looks slow because of his body type and how rangy he is but he is very quick.
He has scored some long range tries at Newtown and at Canberra and did it with ease.

wibble

Bench
If the Dogs have big salary cap issues, as is rumoured, it makes sense they'd be keen on up and coming players like Katoa.

But you'd imagine they'd be looking at value for money, not throwing big Ponga style contracts at him.

So it shouldn't be too hard to keep him if we can convince him he has a future here

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
Lee might be the fastest, can't say I've seen him break the line and go the length of the field though.

If you can't do that then it doesn't matter how fast you are.

Eion

First Grade
Lee might be the fastest, can't say I've seen him break the line and go the length of the field though.

If you can't do that then it doesn't matter how fast you are.
You mean break the line like that average winger Holmes does?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
It think we all agree Lee was an astute purchase.

As for Noodles, kid can play, cannot keep them all.

Time for play B, buy a young pennie.

carinashark

First Grade
Ramien has been great this year and good on Knights for seeing it. But let’s move on ,we have plenty on young talent.