What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost in Space NETFLIX reboot

Timbo

Staff member
Watched the first two episodes. It's very poorly written, and the plot is very cliched.

Won't be continuing with this one.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'll have to take a look, it'll something to watch until the third season of Expanse finds its way here.

Timbo

Staff member
I'll have to take a look, it'll something to watch until the third season of Expanse finds its way here.

It's ridiculous that we get The Expanse nearly six months later than the US. Do they actually want people to watch it or what?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Watched the first two episodes. It's very poorly written, and the plot is very cliched.

Won't be continuing with this one.
Thought as much.

Like the original 60s Batman, the original Lost In Space had a level of camp about it but to a lesser extent.

The reboot would be a diluted and sanitised version of the original.

Meanwhile, I've heard that Netflix's content is mostly shit so nothing new here.

Timbo

Staff member
Thought as much.

Like the original 60s Batman, the original Lost In Space had a level of camp about it but to a lesser extent.

The reboot would be a diluted and sanitised version of the original.

Meanwhile, I've heard that Netflix's content is mostly shit so nothing new here.

The best description I've heard of it is that it's not a remake of 'Lost in Space' but a remake of 'Lost' in space.

Lots of flashbacks trying to make the show dark and edgy. Just really not what I expected, and also just not very well executed.

Eelectrica

Referee
Problem with this show is the episodes I've seen so far feel like the Wesley Crusher saves the Enterprise Eps for TNG. Typically those type of episodes weren't that great.
Show is just aimed a different audience.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Lost In Space - Season 3 now on Netflix. Watch a couple of episodes last night.

The plot improved since since S1 and is developing well.

There's a shift in the script to compensate for the length of time between seasons.

RedVee

First Grade
I stopped after an episode and a bit of S1. Is it worth me dipping back into it and stick with it a bit longer?

Generalzod

Immortal
I stopped after an episode and a bit of S1. Is it worth me dipping back into it and stick with it a bit longer?
Ive been watching it, the visuals are great for a TV show, but I can't get into it the performances are pretty bad...

GongPanther

Referee
Ive been watching it, the visuals are great for a TV show, but I can't get into it the performances are pretty bad...
This Lost In Space 3rd season resembles Space Kiddettes. Nothing about this third series is interesting to me to get past ep 3.

Last edited: