What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love or hate Pearce, I hate seeing clubs flick their long-termers.

giboz71

First Grade
Contrary to what is written in this thread, Rooters wanted to keep Pearce, it was still his decision to seek a release

A 28 yr old half with 11 years NRL experience, 230 odd FG games and countless Origins told he needed to “learn” from another half???

I hardly doubt the Roosters expected him to stay. Win win for them, they get Cronk and they have close $1m to spend on another signing.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
They are a professional club.
Nrl is a business nowdays.
They want immediate success and they see cronk helping to get them there.
We could learn from these type of decisions.
If you want to be competitive every year you must be willing to make the hard decisions.
As much as I hate the Roosters if they want someone they get them and don't worry about the consequences.
I don't think cronk will get them a premiership .
But Pearce will help manly become a better team

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
I couldn't care less about Pearce being ousted, These players get paid big bucks and let's face it, alot (not all) are simply egotistical tosses. Having said this I do find the situation quite bizarre, as I feel Pearceoff has been in good form, it makes me wonder if he has slept with a team mates wife or molested their poodle, either way he certainly doesn't appear to have the character of JT (possibly more like a Dugan) and therefore showing him the door may have as much to do with his personality then his ability. Of course I have no proof of this. Just a warped theory of mine

BBTB

Juniors
If they win a comp in the next 2 years, I doubt many Roosters fans will have regrets. This kind of ruthlessness is why the Roosters play finals football regularly.
Meanwhile the Dragons board seem content with Scraping into the finals once since 2012.
Exactly...good point.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
i think the goosters blundered. i don't understand why they did it.

cronk has maybe 2 years left in him & his best years are behind him.

pearceoff has plenty.

pearceoff is a tremendous first grade halfback - he's just a limp wrist at origin level.

Rorters opted for Cronk cause he’s a better player.
Keep in mind that when Cronk is done, they’ll just buy whoever is hot at the time.
They always have money.
They always are under the cap.
No problems!

Datramp

Juniors
I agree with Gregstar. I think they blundered. Cronk is quality but is unproven without champions beside him. He has 2 years left. I cant stand Pearce but he is very very good at first grade level and has great chemistry with Keary. Him leaving has to have some impact on the team mentally. He was their long term halfback and part of their premiership team.

If I were the roosters I wouldn't have tried to get Cronk

Gippsy

Bench
A 28 yr old half with 11 years NRL experience, 230 odd FG games and countless Origins told he needed to “learn” from another half???

I hardly doubt the Roosters expected him to stay. Win win for them, they get Cronk and they have close $1m to spend on another signing.

Hang on a minute. They replace Pearce with Cronk, replace Connor Watson with Tedesco and they have a million bucks available????

giboz71

First Grade
Hang on a minute. They replace Pearce with Cronk, replace Connor Watson with Tedesco and they have a million bucks available????

Hard to believe I know.

Although they will point to the loss of Evans, Guerra, SKD and Watson as well as Pearce as proof enough.they have cap space.

Aren't Nikorima and Napa headed out the door too??

Life's Good

Coach
Contrary to what is written in this thread, Rooters wanted to keep Pearce, it was still his decision to seek a release
No they didn’t. They forced his hand by giving him no guarantees of playing in the 6(most likely back up to Friend). By him asking for a release puts the club in the driving seat on what they contribute to his new club.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Exactly...good point.
48565.jpg

kramer avatar.jpg

emu62

Juniors
No they didn’t. They forced his hand by giving him no guarantees of playing in the 6(most likely back up to Friend). By him asking for a release puts the club in the driving seat on what they contribute to his new club.

No Iam sorry but you are wrong , he is the one who asked for a release. Doesn't matter what sort of pressure is placed on him & Yes they probably wanted him to go but would never publicly admit to it. He is still the one who asked for the release. I dont agree with what the Rorters have done but i want lose any sleep over it as i have no time for him or his club, despise them both .In my opinion no one should get guarantees of playing in first grade let alone a certain position,

emu62

Juniors

I think your theories are spot on Giboz,my point only being still his decision to leave, he was not cut

Life's Good

Coach
No Iam sorry but you are wrong , he is the one who asked for a release. Doesn't matter what sort of pressure is placed on him & Yes they probably wanted him to go but would never publicly admit to it. He is still the one who asked for the release. I dont agree with what the Rorters have done but i want lose any sleep over it as i have no time for him or his club, despise them both .In my opinion no one should get guarantees of playing in first grade let alone a certain position,
Haha. Did you actually read my post??
I said he asked for a release. You said he asked for a release.
So if I’m wrong then you must be too.