What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucas Browne

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Just saw an interview on Fox. Has a WBA title shot for the heavyweight championship.

If he wins he'll be on a shortlist for Fury or Klitchko. I'd not heard of him at all before.

23-0, (20 by ko) well spoken, humble and rather honest (but not in a Floyd Mayweather way).

Wish him well. Should be fighting Joseph Parker one way or another soon.

Last edited:
Yea I've been a huge fan of Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne since his MMA days. He will have his work cut out for him against Chagaev that's for sure. But hoping to see him get up!!!

Frankus

Juniors
Good luck to him. He is slow and his power is highly over rated. I've only seen a few of his fights but Browne would get shit on by Parker and probably any other top 15 fighter in the world.

How he is ranked no.2 challenger by the WBA is beyond me.

shiznit

Coach
I'm not gonna shit on the bloke too much... Because I've heard his interviews... He seems like a genuinely good guy which can be rare to find in boxing these days...

I wish him all the best and I hope he makes as much money as he can out of this.

But yeah.... I agree... If Joshua, Parker, Wilder & Martin are being talked of as the next wave of HW talent co,img through... Browne would get annihilated by all of them.

No way Hatton puts him in the ring with Parker... Parker is almost 2 or 3 levels better than Browne in nearly every aspect of the game.... The only thing Browne beats Parker in is tattoo's...

African Monkey

First Grade
Good luck to him. He is slow and his power is highly over rated. I've only seen a few of his fights but Browne would get shit on by Parker and probably any other top 15 fighter in the world.

How he is ranked no.2 challenger by the WBA is beyond me.

I think Mark De Mori being in the WBA top 10 was a bigger farce.

GW.

Juniors
GW here,

Lucas 'Big Daddy' Browne was the bouncer at the Epping Club (Epping RSL) for years and from my observation as being a regular at the joint, he was a fantastic bloke and i never saw him lose his cool. The model bouncer who talked to people with respect and had the time of day for everyone.

Wish him all the best.

shiznit

Coach
Browne doing really, really well here....

Was dropped in the 6th... But he's really shown some grit and some really surprising ring craft.

shiznit

Coach
WOW!! Browne KO's him!!

Well done Lucas Browne!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What heart!! And great skill as well!!

:clap:

Wizardman

First Grade
Huge, huge achievement!!!! He pretty much got busted up for 6 rounds and clawed his way back. Massive effort!!!!

shiznit

Coach
I thought he looked pretty good the first 6 rounds... He outboxed him from range IMO...

He got hurt a couple of times but overall I thought he showed some great ringsmanship out there early on.

Then once he got dropped I think he turned it in to a dogfight.

Wizardman

First Grade
Im very happy for him...seems like a top bloke.

In saying that, gee heavyweight boxing is well and truly gone down the gurgler when guys like Chagev have a belt for a long time. The last truly great heavyweight I've seen is Holyfield. Lennox and Wladimir were pretty good but there is a pretty bloody big dip from there.

Wizardman

First Grade
I thought he looked pretty good the first 6 rounds... He outboxed him from range IMO...

He got hurt a couple of times but overall I thought he showed some great ringsmanship out there early on.

Then once he got dropped I think he turned it in to a dogfight.

I thought Chagev would have been well up on points for the first six rounds. Always a great effort to come back from a knockdown.

Frankus

Juniors
Im very happy for him...seems like a top bloke.

In saying that, gee heavyweight boxing is well and truly gone down the gurgler when guys like Chagev have a belt for a long time. The last truly great heavyweight I've seen is Holyfield. Lennox and Wladimir were pretty good but there is a pretty bloody big dip from there.

Yep, it has been a long couple of decades of mediocre boxers dodging one another. But then again that has been happening since the golden era of heavyweight boxing really.

I'm glad he got up. Based on his last few fights, I never thought he had that in him.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
And so the out of ring antics begin as pay days are sought.

Congrats to Lucas Browne. I hope he cashes in big time.

I also do hope for a Parker fight sooner rather than later.