Luciano Leilua

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by TomRedVRiver, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Dragsters

Dragsters Juniors

Indeed.

If he is to be prematurely judged then let that be on the indicators to date...

He played all last year in the reggies, against men which plenty suggested he needed to do.

He didn't whinge about it and was awarded the team player of the year.

He has trained harder and lost some weight, again, something plenty suggested he needed to do.

He extended his contract which shows commitment to the club.

These are all positive signs and things I as a dragons fan am excited by.

If he does indeed get his chance then all of the above should hold him in good stead...

2. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Bench

Agree 100%. I’m over this constant bagging of the coach on threads that have nothing to do with him. Luciano stated himself he was not ready last year, the club and player worked together to improve his fitness and attitude.

Drakon, Drag Queen, cussy and 2 others like this.
  3. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Juniors

Meanwhile, on the Dragons forum...

upload_2018-1-13_17-20-32.png

4. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

Luciano also reminds me of Robert Stone when he was younger and offloading and making breaks as in one of the Bath's Babes Grand Finals in which he scored a fabulous try.

nontime111, 2010 and Gareth67 like this.
  5. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

Stone also reminded me of a smaller Beetson and his 1977 try was a great effort against the Eels.

nontime111 and Coffs dragon like this.
  6. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

If luc
    Turns out to be half as good and as tough as stoney.
    Then he will do me.

7. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

Really liked Robert Stone's look of innocence , after he had been caught out by the ref for throwing a haymaker . The number of punches he and his side-kick Rocket Reddy threw in matches , they could had reopened the old Sydney Stadium .

8. 2010

2010 Juniors

Stone and Reddy were my favourite players from that time. The game has changed so much since then.
    I am looking forward to Luc getting a chance to show how good he is. Our forwards are going to be something special this year.
    I just hope we give players like Lomax and field a chance to see how they go.
    It’s going to be a good year for us.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  9. Life's Good

Life's Good First Grade

Well said. It appears he took the advice on board to get himself ready for a career in FG, didn’t drop his bundle & was rewarded with an extended contract based on his original potential. He will get his chance as a result. I’m hoping he thrives because he has plenty to offer.

jak, SEAT 1A, nontime111 and 3 others like this.
  10. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

Lets hope he gets a good opportunity as he has enormous talent.

11. jak

jak Juniors

reddy throw a punch, surely not

12. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

Can you recall the '77 G.F. replay ? The Eels coach Terry Fearnaly (?) told his players not to retaliate against the Dragons . Unfortunately that drove some of those slippery little eels mad , in particular Ray Higgs . After young Rodney gave the ugly begger yet another facial , Higgs who could not keep his temper in check any longer , threw the ball straight at the rocket .

Needless to say the bluudy thing just bounced straight off him and made Rodney even more vicious , chasing Ray Price around the field to pay his dues for that kick he gave little Mark Schulman a couple of weeks earlier . :yum: Ahhh - they were the days !

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  13. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

GO LUC!!!!!!!!!

SMASH EM BROTHER ROARRRR GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

14. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Maybe switch to light beer..

hewi likes this.
  15. jak

jak Juniors

I have always thought harry bath won us the replay when he had mark Shulman take that long walk in full playing gear just to sit next to harry on the sideline, it got the crowd going.

16. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

I dont drink, and when was excitement a crime specially for our team>? dont get it

dragonssamy61 likes this.
  17. Redhoopz

Redhoopz Juniors

I'm hoping he gets a crack early on in the season. and, looking forwards to seeing him link up with Dufty again.

dragonssamy61, Gareth67 and Dragsters like this.
  18. Gareth67

Gareth67 Juniors

jak , I forgot about that . And yes that certainly had a bearing on the game . I remember the crowd going bonkers and also that know-all grin from old Harry himself . If there was a league hall of fame for coaches , then Harry would certainly be there !

But back to the subject of the thread - I go along with what so many other members have said and that is game time and more game time , that is what is required for big Luc and so many of our other juniors that have so much potential .

With Graham at the club , now is the time for these up and comers to ' learn the trade ' as far as the forwards are concerned , the wealth of knowledge that this bloke can impart to them is immeasurable .

Luc needs to kick aside that shyness that some youngsters possess and realise that in the top grade you must be able to hold your own against your opponents and if that means an occasional growl with a thump thrown in , then so be it . I believe that although this season his minutes of the bench will be limited , he will show more glimpses of the skills that he possesses - that being a very good ball playing forward in the making .

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  19. dragonssamy61

dragonssamy61 Bench

Gareth
    With a true revs grade being play this year.
    I would think that it will be a lot tougher and that sould help to development of all our young guys.
    Imo.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    Gareth67 likes this.
  20. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

Luc will truly kill it this year you watch!!

Gareth67 and dragonssamy61 like this.