What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Overseas dragon

Juniors
The fans favourite run on
1Dufty
2 Garrick
3 LOMAX
4 Herbert
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Vaughan
9 McInnes
10 Big Red
11 Frizell
12 Sims
13 De Belin
14 Au Mau
15 leilua
16 Host
17 All good or latimore
Obviously supercoach won't select this team too many untried young guns but later in the season if we were to see these names my guess is we have a new coach you can but dream .......

BennyV

Referee
The opportunity for Luc comes from the fact that there is no obvious 80 minute left edge player. Sims is at his best playing in short bursts and Host needs to build to that point. Luc should get his chance playing off the bench in Round 1.

Crush

Coach
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/03/the-damning-statistics-st-george-illawarra-dragons-aim-to-avoid/

When asked about Thompson's replacement, Tyson made particular mention to Luciano. In fact he didn't mention any other names other than Luch.
Thought it was interesting. Perhaps they want Luciano starting round 1?
Hey Tom, I am playing Supercoach for the first time this year. Would Host be a decent player to pick or do you not see him getting enough minutes?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Hey Tom, I am playing Supercoach for the first time this year. Would Host be a decent player to pick or do you not see him getting enough minutes?

Don't go anywhere near Host mate, when you're buying players you want to look at their upside both in minutes and work-rate. It's looking like Host will play around 30 minutes per game at most and that's not gonna cut it. Even if he does play more than 50 minutes, he's not a huge worker and he's playing out on the edge so he won't be pumping through the hit-ups and tackles.

You're better off with guys like Nathan Brown, Cameron Murray, Jai Arrow etc if you're looking for a cheaper option. Guaranteed long minutes in the middle.

Old Timer

Coach
1Dufty
2 Garrick
3 LOMAX
4 Herbert
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Vaughan
9 McInnes
10 Big Red
11 Frizell
12 Sims
13 De Belin
14 Au Mau
15 leilua
16 Host
17 All good or latimore
Obviously supercoach won't select this team too many untried young guns but later in the season if we were to see these names my guess is we have a new coach you can but dream .......
Which fans?
They need to have their heads read.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
1Dufty
2 Garrick
3 LOMAX
4 Herbert
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Vaughan
9 McInnes
10 Big Red
11 Frizell
12 Sims
13 De Belin
14 Au Mau
15 leilua
16 Host
17 All good or latimore

Did you see Garrick and Herbert play last year in the NSW CUP? Let me tell you in the games I did see, they didn't blow away the opposition. So whilst it was their first year against men, and I hope they do progress to NRL standard, they are still along way from being ready for first grade.

Lomax has promise and could be ready for a wing spot.

possm

Coach
Did you see Garrick and Herbert play last year in the NSW CUP? Let me tell you in the games I did see, they didn't blow away the opposition. So whilst it was their first year against men, and I hope they do progress to NRL standard, they are still along way from being ready for first grade.

Lomax has promise and could be ready for a wing spot.

Also my view. I didn't see anything special from Herbert or Garrick. They were good young players but not outstanding at NSW Cup level. Lomax is the young back and Leilua is the forward to have the best young guns to be in the NRL 17 in round 1. Bottom line we need to do something about speed in the backline and replace Thomo in the forwards.

Old Timer

Coach
Sims starting luc to bench makes sense.
If Graham starts then Sims has to be on the bench or vice versa
You have to have some mongrel impact on the ground at all times and those are the 2 that provide that.
If they start together highly likely they will see interchange / bench time together and that would IMO be a disaster.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Host would be worth picking for supercoach, if he is selected as one of our starting second rowers in round one. Luciano would be a must if he is selected as our starting second rower in game one. One should attempt to have 25 players who are all selected to start the game in round one of supercoach.

I will have Cartwright there, whether he is picked to start or picked on the bench.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Lol I do love this forum sometimes!!

"Herbert and Garrick didnt blow the opposition away constantly in NSW Cup, so they've got no chance at starting in first grade. However, the kid who didnt play above NYC should definitely be there..."
Some of you guys have no idea why do you think COTRICS playing first grade because a better class of player sometimes gets the best out of young guns .now just imagine your 20 you have Widdop on one side of you and Ben hunt on the other side of you it's not hard to shine ..........assuming they have ability ....

Frank Facer

First Grade
I actually like the idea of starting with Luciano in round 1. I think he has more potential than Host, but he has to live up to that potential. He is a forward who can provide X factor. He could even become a star? I hope he does. He also has a good combination with Dufty.

I am not adverse to Host starting either. Host looks a very good prospect. He looks like a very solid player, who could develop into a top line backrower in the next few years. I hope he does.

I am for keeping Simms on the bench and in the middle. I think we need 2 quality replacement props and Simms and Ah Mau provide us with that.

Last edited: