What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

BennyV

Referee
Naigama/Lolohea/Brooks/Liddle must be a contender for the worst spine in history.
Would be up there, but Dragons have had some proper doozies over the last few years...combinations of Kyle Stanley, Nathan Fien, Mitch Rein, Chase Stanley, Adam Quinlan, Gerard Beale...

Although I'm pretty sure they are all premiership winning quality compared to anyone/anyone/McCrone/anyone...

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Spine this, spine that.

Pack gets belted, there's jack shit the spine can do about it.

Their lack of punch through the middle and on the edges makes it quite easy for defenses to put more focus on the halves and limit room for the outside backs.

Lovett and Taylor had 81 metres between them from 12 runs. Titans had 5 forwards go over 100m and that doesn't include Paasi making 95m, also from 12 runs.

Brooks has been disappointing, but it will be interesting to see if he improves behind a better pack.

Clifferd

Coach
Spine this, spine that.

Pack gets belted, there's jack shit the spine can do about it.

Their lack of punch through the middle and on the edges makes it quite easy for defenses to put more focus on the halves and limit room for the outside backs.

Lovett and Taylor had 81 metres between them from 12 runs. Titans had 5 forwards go over 100m and that doesn't include Paasi making 95m, also from 12 runs.

Brooks has been disappointing, but it will be interesting to see if he improves behind a better pack.

Exactly why I'm waiting till next year with Brooks

I really don't think Thurston would be half the player he is without the go forward he has at the cows

Same with Maloney at Sharks, Cronk at Storm etc etc

I've seen Brooks put in 10/10 performances when our forwards actually punch the line, which is quite rare tbh

Exactly why I'm waiting till next year with Brooks

I really don't think Thurston would be half the player he is without the go forward he has at the cows

Same with Maloney at Sharks, Cronk at Storm etc etc

I've seen Brooks put in 10/10 performances when our forwards actually punch the line, which is quite rare tbh
Brooks has one 10/10 performance in his career. His debut, apart from that he's ranged from a 3-7.

The only way he'll ever be a decent first grade halfback is if he's paired with a world class 5/8, and even then he's not worth the money being spent on him already.

Clifferd

Coach
Brooks has one 10/10 performance in his career. His debut, apart from that he's ranged from a 3-7.

The only way he'll ever be a decent first grade halfback is if he's paired with a world class 5/8, and even then he's not worth the money being spent on him already.

He'll have a quality half next to him next year.

500k is about standard what you have to pay for halves these days, even Brooks's quality. So price is fair imo

And no, watching every single game he's played in I've seen him put in numerous 10/10 performances. He's got it but needs support

TheFrog

Coach
Not ONE f**king satisfactory end to a set from him....absolutely sweet f**k all!!!!! Brooks was absolutely versatile with his crap end to sets tonight. You name it, he f**ked up in every possible way a rugby league half could possibly do. He did not get one repeat set all f**king night, barely found the grass all night (Im actually not sure if he had one kick that did find some space), forward passes for a short ball on the last play when 40metres out, bombs that went sideways and backwards, dropballs....Im sure I've left out some of his shitness tonight...too much to remember.
Ready for Origin then, huh?

He'll have a quality half next to him next year.

500k is about standard what you have to pay for halves these days, even Brooks's quality. So price is fair imo

And no, watching every single game he's played in I've seen him put in numerous 10/10 performances. He's got it but needs support
Reynolds is alright but he needs the other half to take complete control and Brooks isn't up to that.

Brooks is worth no more then $300k, Benji is on $100k (Albiet that's Bronco money) and I know which one I'd rather.

Well then you have a very low standard for a 10/10 performance. Name 1 game where he's done this?

Clifferd

Coach
]Reynolds is alright but he needs the other half to take complete control and Brooks isn't up to that.

Brooks is worth no more then $300k, Benji is on $100k (Albiet that's Bronco money) and I know which one I'd rather.

Well then you have a very low standard for a 10/10 performance. Name 1 game where he's done this?

He has a few good highlights. The 10/10 games I'm talking about in particular is the Titans spanking a couple years back up on the goldy, literally every Souths game in the last 3 years barring the last game, a few dogs games aswell.

I can't be bothered going into detail but he's definitely had a lot of games where you go "wow this kid could be something" backed up by inconsistency

He has a few good highlights. The 10/10 games I'm talking about in particular is the Titans spanking a couple years back up on the goldy, literally every Souths game in the last 3 years barring the last game, a few dogs games aswell.

I can't be bothered going into detail but he's definitely had a lot of games where you go "wow this kid could be something" backed up by inconsistency
I don't think Brooks has shown enough in his games to be on the contract he's on or be talked about as future top tier half.

If he didn't come through grades being talked about as the next Joey I doubt he'd be in FG right now.

OldPanther

Coach

He just needs some stability in both the club and players around him and he'll be alright.

Clifferd

Coach
I don't think Brooks has shown enough in his games to be on the contract he's on or be talked about as future top tier half.

If he didn't come through grades being talked about as the next Joey I doubt he'd be in FG right now.

Fair enough. If he's still average half way through next year I'll happily lay the boot into him. I reckon he can come good with the right support players

whall15

Coach
Cheer up Tigers fans - Lord Ivan once made it to one short of a GF with Nathan Fien and Michael Witt. And used to regularly win games with Grant Rovelli there, and the likes of Lance Hohaia, Ian Henderson, George Gatis and Aaron Heremaia in the spine.

Brooks is shit but with a better spine and playing behind a better pack, he'll be allowed to get better himself.

Naigama/Lolohea/Brooks/Liddle must be a contender for the worst spine in history.

How about Luke Burt, Reni Maitua, Casey McGuire and Matt Keating?