What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Keary

southsport

First Grade
The Keary bashers have come thudding back to earth. Luke Keary is equal 3rd on the Dally M leaderboard and his team is well placed to challenge this year

On the other hand poor Adam Reynolds is in horrible form and his team is stuck at the wrong end of the ladder

Huge mistake from the Souths recruiters to let Keary go and then pay Reynolds a huge contract amount

You have no idea at all, things would have been exactly the same with Keary in the side, we've been there done that in 2015/16.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Keary bashers have come thudding back to earth. Luke Keary is equal 3rd on the Dally M leaderboard and his team is well placed to challenge this year

On the other hand poor Adam Reynolds is in horrible form and his team is stuck at the wrong end of the ladder

Huge mistake from the Souths recruiters to let Keary go and then pay Reynolds a huge contract amount
Keary wouldn't have made a difference to us I don't think.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Looking at some stats comparing Luke Leary and Cody Walker.

Luke Leary

Avg try assists per game: 0.9

Avg tries per game: 0.3

Avg tackle breaks per game: 1

Avg line breaks per game: 0.5

Avg line break assists per game: 1

Avg missed tackles per game: 3.3

Now let's look at Cody Walker:

Avg tries per game 0.2

Avg tackle breaks per game: 3.8

Avg line breaks per game: 0.8

Avg line break assists per game: 0.8

Avg missed tackles per game: 1.8

Souths don't even remotely miss Luke keary. Souths miss 2014 Adam Reynolds. As well as a forward pack like the roosters have. This argument is ridiculous. The fact that Luke Leary is 3rd on the dally m leaderboard says a lot about the dally m...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Looking at some stats comparing Luke Leary and Cody Walker.

Luke Leary

Avg tries per game: 0.3

Avg tackle breaks per game: 1

Avg line breaks per game: 0.5

Avg line break assists per game: 1

Avg missed tackles per game: 3.3

Now let's look at Cody Walker:

Avg tries per game 0.2

Avg tackle breaks per game: 3.8

Avg line breaks per game: 0.8

Avg line break assists per game: 0.8

Avg missed tackles per game: 1.8

Souths don't even remotely miss Luke keary. Souths miss 2014 Adam Reynolds. As well as a forward pack like the roosters have. This argument is ridiculous. The fact that Luke Leary is 3rd on the dally m leaderboard says a lot about the dally m...
Oi Shadow Souths til I die makes some good points about these 5/8's.

Keary is surrounded by quality.

Cody is surrounded by duds.

Great post Souths til I die.

Bravo bravo.....

By the way we need a big cleanout but problem is we aren't really attracting players.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Brilliant pass by Keary to set up the Roosters try by Latrell Mitchell

Keary is better than both Reynolds and Cody Walker

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Brilliant pass by Keary to set up the Roosters try by Latrell Mitchell

Keary is better than both Reynolds and Cody Walker

Lol okay... keary sets up 1 try and is suddenly better than a NSW halfback? I've been watching the whole game and keary was gone for half of it.

Dogmatix

Juniors
The great players time their efforts for the really big moments. Like Keary did when he set up the opening try in the 2014 Grand Final

The Roosters were down by 6 points with 8 minutes to go and needed a big play, Keary provided it

Cody Walker might make line breaks but no good making line breaks in the 65th minute when your team is down 28-6 and the opposition have clocked off

southsport

First Grade
The raiders clocked off too........let the roosters back into the game.

The dogs have got their problems too, they sacked their CEO. :eek:

doyen

Bench
The Roosters finished 15th in 2016.

They lost Moa & Jennings & gained Keary & Gordon for this season;plus other minor names.
The Roosters side has been rejuvenated in 2017 being on 16 pts;twice our total.
They have scored 252 pts for & are now one of the best attacking units in the comp.The significant new player is Keary!!
There is a huge differential of 125 pts between them & us;Sths being on minus 65 pts.
This does suggest that Sths do,in fact,have an inferior roster!!
Add to this the fact that we[Sths] continue to lack anything fresh at all in attack & just ramble along with the same old,worn-out tactics you can realise why we are struggling massively!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
The Roosters finished 15th in 2016.

They lost Moa & Jennings & gained Keary & Gordon for this season;plus other minor names.
The Roosters side has been rejuvenated in 2017 being on 16 pts;twice our total.
They have scored 252 pts for & are now one of the best attacking units in the comp.The significant new player is Keary!!
There is a huge differential of 125 pts between them & us;Sths being on minus 65 pts.
This does suggest that Sths does in fact have an inferior roster!!
Add to this the fact that we[Sths] continue to lack anything fresh at all in attack & just ramble along with the same old,worn-out tactics you can realise why we are struggling massively!
Keary is surrounded by quality and if he was at Souths he'd be going the same as he did in 2015/16. We have too many duds Doyen as I keep saying.

Pommy

Coach
I can't believe people are still trying to say Keary isn't a loss. What games are you watching?

Now Keary made his position at the club untenable so I don't begrudge us getting rid but to suggest he's some kind of dud or we wouldn't have a better roster with him is insane.

southsport

First Grade
I can't believe people are still trying to say Keary isn't a loss. What games are you watching?

Now Keary made his position at the club untenable so I don't begrudge us getting rid but to suggest he's some kind of dud or we wouldn't have a better roster with him is insane.

Disagree with you there, if Keary was still at Souths it wouldn't be any different than it is now, he is good in a team that is firing but makes little difference in a team that is struggling.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Disagree with you there, if Keary was still at Souths it wouldn't be any different than it is now, he is good in a team that is firing but makes little difference in a team that is struggling.
You mean the team without quality?
GI
AJ
Walker
Reynolds
Sam
Farah
Fui
Chricton
Gray
Hunt

There 10 "quality" players, more not named and are out of form.

Keary left because Rusty gave it to him. Hes proving everyone at Souths wrong because he's got mongrel in him. He's a loss.

southsport

First Grade
You mean the team without quality?
GI
AJ
Walker
Reynolds
Sam
Farah
Fui
Chricton
Gray
Hunt

There 10 "quality" players, more not named and are out of form.

Keary left because Rusty gave it to him. Hes proving everyone at Souths wrong because he's got mongrel in him. He's a loss.

I didn't say anything about quality, i said the team he is in is firing.

Would you pay Keary $800k per season?

doyen

Bench
Not too sure why Keary has improved so dramatically overnight.

I think the attitude & philosophy of the coaches involved plays a biggish part.

I've sensed for quite a while now that our players are leashed to a degree[a fair degree too] by Madge!
A very controlled & highly structured approach with a strong gravitation towards forward play-----the back's duties programmed,monitored closely on-field & probably harshly criticised if not followed.
Robinson has a more visionary touch[whichMadge doesn't]----Keary seems to be completely unleashed now,much more confident, without the "controller" stifling his naturally flamboyant game with HIS ideas on how Luke should play.

Personally,I don't think there is enough emphasis being placed on the negative influences of Maguire to our team!!
He has not only affected the natural games of players he has had them merrily walking out the door!

I also think if Keary was dropped back into our team now he would again be mediocre & for the reasons mentioned above.

Last edited: