What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

288 NRL Games
17 origins
16 tests
2 premierships
Clive Churchill Medal
Told cancer to eat a dick

This guy is hands down one of the best players to ever wear a sharks jersey and probably one of the most underrated of all time.

Had he played his career at the Broncos or Easts or been a Queenslander there would be calls for
him to be an immortal.

What a player. We are lucky to have him.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
288 NRL Games
17 origins
16 tests
2 premierships
Clive Churchill Medal

This guy is hands down one of the best players to ever wear a sharks jersey and probably one of the most underrated of all time.

Had he played his career at the Broncos or Easts or been a Queenslander there would be calls for
him to be an immortal.

Don't see how we can't offer him another year if he continues to hold his form as the season goes on. Still hitting like a beast in defense and has the footy smarts.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Smartest player in the squad by a country mile.
Keep thinking back to the grand final when he made that bust and was pulled down and sliding towards the tryline. How many players would have resisted the urge to promote the ball over the line in that situation. From memory Benny scored next set.

wibble

Bench
We talk about the "competitiveness" of Thurston, or the "professionalism" of Cronk. Lewis has a different body type and skill set to those guys, but is as competitive and professional as any NRL player. I know we all love him, but I would imagine plenty of neutral fans would admire him as well, as he plays very hard but is a rare forward who is dangerous but without much niggle.

Card Shark

Immortal
Yes we scored straight after.

That could've so easy have been an "if only" moment in another losing grand final.

Scoring straight after made it almost negligible.

snoozer

Bench
he was all over the semi like a bad tropical rash last night.

seems to always be around in defense.

i'd keep him.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Scored off a scrum when Gal pushed Chad away to hand off to BB on the burst. Have to have a look but must have been a few plays later to get a scrum and feed. But the point is well made LL has a brain not just a footy brain. That word again, composure.

ghoti

Bench
Keep thinking back to the grand final when he made that bust and was pulled down and sliding towards the tryline. How many players would have resisted the urge to promote the ball over the line in that situation. From memory Benny scored next set.

That's my all time favourite Sharks moment, happened right in front of where I was sitting and it was the moment where I thought "holy shit, we might be smart enough to actually do this." Then when we scored off the scrum base play I was convinced...Got a bit sketchy after that but what a night that was!

Lewie is a genius, extend him next year for sure to play Bukuya's bench role if his body can't do big minutes...

carcharias

Immortal
watch his D in the last min of the GF

Not so much tackling but covering holes to stop blokes running at gaps.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am hoping we get another year out of Lewis,

Then i believe would be great trainer, on the field getting information to the players, we need him at the club for next few years

cb4

First Grade
288 NRL Games
17 origins
16 tests
2 premierships
Clive Churchill Medal

him to be an immortal.

Thank you Phillip Ronald Gould.

288 NRL Games
17 origins
16 tests
2 premierships
Clive Churchill Medal

him to be an immortal.

Great post.
I had him in our 50 year run-on team ahead of Miller and one or two on here couldn't believe it.
I love GM and would've had him on the bench but Lewie is just the ultimate professional

taipan

Referee
We talk about the "competitiveness" of Thurston, or the "professionalism" of Cronk. Lewis has a different body type and skill set to those guys, but is as competitive and professional as any NRL player. I know we all love him, but I would imagine plenty of neutral fans would admire him as well, as he plays very hard but is a rare forward who is dangerous but without much niggle.

One word "FOOTBALLER". 80 minutes of no nonsense work, tackles his ringo off,postions himself in attack.Not a superstar but a super worker. A football club is not a football club unless it has at least one of these assets.Assets to not only the team on the field, but to the community he is involved with.
He should finish his career with teh shire good guys, let it be so.

Inferno

Coach
He's a consummate professional. Does all the one percenters and always seems to find himself in the right place at the right time.

He essentially replaced Jeremy Smith but was an upgrade in many aspects.

Definitely one of our best ever purchases.

Quigs

Immortal
And did'nt he punch up a few Pennies Officials on the way out.

Testing my memory here, but if it is true than he is even a greater legend.