What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Top 100 TV Shows - 2015 Edition

Stewbum

Juniors
The Night Of is probably the most overrated series of 2016. Good but I wouldn't watch it again.

I am a great believer that you need to read widely to appreciate the finest in television. If you have not, I recommend it, although it will make you cringe at the vast array of mediocrity on the small screen.

Apey

Staff member
In its defence, when watching HBO dramas I tend to compare them to all the other ones I've watched. Most of those have multiple seasons where characters and stories are fleshed out a lot more, some of them are also my favourite TV shows of all time so that's a bit unfair. It's not a harsh criticism to say I liked shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones etc better.

To me it felt like it was missing something. It didn't grab me like other shows. Maybe just because it was one case, an extended version of a Law & Order episode (with much higher quality obviously) and that one case didn't particularly appeal to me.

Anyway I did enjoy it enough.

Stewbum

Juniors
In its defence, when watching HBO dramas I tend to compare them to all the other ones I've watched. Most of those have multiple seasons where characters and stories are fleshed out a lot more, some of them are also my favourite TV shows of all time so that's a bit unfair. It's not a harsh criticism to say I liked shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones etc better.

To me it felt like it was missing something. It didn't grab me like other shows. Maybe just because it was one case, an extended version of a Law & Order episode (with much higher quality obviously) and that one case didn't particularly appeal to me.

Okay, that's fair enough. I tend towards acerbic but 'twas not meant as a barb.

I usually know what's coming with Game of Thrones as I have read all the books but still love the show.

Dogs Of War

Coach

That's how I felt.

T-Boon

Coach

I just found the court scenes to be painful and the whole investigation (or lack there of) just left me shaking my head.

I am harsh on it because it looked great for 3 or 4 weeks. Then just went flat.

T-Boon

Coach
I am a great believer that you need to read widely to appreciate the finest in television. If you have not, I recommend it, although it will make you cringe at the vast array of mediocrity on the small screen.

Were you disappointed in the final 2 episodes?

I thought the court room stuff was poor and badly written. The things that weren't investigated by the police like CCTV footage before the girl gets into the car. WTF. Get out of town.

Stewbum

Juniors
Were you disappointed in the final 2 episodes?

I thought the court room stuff was poor and badly written. The things that weren't investigated by the police like CCTV footage before the girl gets into the car. WTF. Get out of town.
No, I found it gripping and purposeful.

Incorrect

Coach
My fav show this season has been Fargo season 2. Better call Saul season 2 was a close second.

Yeah Fargo Season 2 was ace. Going in to it I was just hoping it would get somewhere near the heights of the first season of Fargo but I think it surpassed Season 1 tbh. Fantastic television. Season 3 begins shooting in November I believe and should air around March/April 2017 I believe... hope so anyway...

Stewbum

Juniors
Yeah Fargo Season 2 was ace. Going in to it I was just hoping it would get somewhere near the heights of the first season of Fargo but I think it surpassed Season 1 tbh. Fantastic television. Season 3 begins shooting in November I believe and should air around March/April 2017 I believe... hope so anyway...
Excellent news!!!

T-Boon

Coach
I am up to episode 9 of season 2 of Deadwood. Just cannot get over how good this show is. Up there with The Wire, GoT and Breaking bad.

T-Boon

Coach
Anyone seen 'Friday Night Lights'?
I am considering getting the pack.

It sounds great, being about Texas High School football...but when I look at the pack it reminds me of something like 'Party of Five' or whatever. Like family, relationship drama - more suitable for women. I am not interested in that at all.

Anyone seen it?

Latest posts