What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU's Top 50 Wrestlers - The Countdown

afinalsin666

First Grade
I believe that was completely Owen's mistake and it was never meant to be a sit down tombstone. I could be wrong though...

Yeah, in Austins book he said he told Owen to drop to his knees, and Owen said he'd drop to his ass. Austin thought he was joking, wish he had have followed up on it :(

Big Pete

Referee
Austin is a step above Angle as a worker.

Angle started his career with plenty of potential but by the 2003 Rumble, he stumbled upon a formula and stuck to it. Now the majority of his matches, no matter who his opponent is, is Benoit/Angle 2003 and it's just so mind numbing. Kurt doesn't have any idea about face/heel psychology and his selling can really suck at times too.

Even when Austin was working with a bad neck, he was still working some of the best brawls/sports entertainment matches in the world. His work against Dude Love, Vince McMahon and The Rock rank right up there in those regards and when he made his 2001 comeback he was arguably the best worker in the company working classics with the likes of Triple H, The Rock, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker etc. etc.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Austin is a step above Angle as a worker.

Angle started his career with plenty of potential but by the 2003 Rumble, he stumbled upon a formula and stuck to it. Now the majority of his matches, no matter who his opponent is, is Benoit/Angle 2003 and it's just so mind numbing. Kurt doesn't have any idea about face/heel psychology and his selling can really suck at times too.
I don't think I could possibly disagree more with what you just said. So I think we should just leave it at that as no-one will win this argument :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Fair enough, mate.

But tell me, what are some of your favourite Kurt Angle matches? You never know, you might be able to change my mind.

On Austin, if you ever get a chance I recommend you check out his match with Bret Hart from Survivor Series 1996, Chris Benoit from Smackdown in 2001 and even that SummerSlam match with Kurt Angle in 2001. Considering the objective of that match was to get Kurt, the shit eat grinning heel just turned babyface over the John Wayne turned yellow Steve Austin, both guys just hit it out of the park.