What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to stay at Manly for 2013!

eozsmiles

Bench
This Stewart story was a media beat up. When the NRL rejected the original Stewart contract it was obviously not registered so it never came into effect, it didn't exist. Then the rules changed and Manly put in a brand new deal. The NRL couldn't reject it if it fit under the new rules because they don't get a say in how contracts are split up. So once the NRL upped the marquee/3rd party allowances as well as the base cap at a time when Stewart had no registered contract, Manly just had to word it to suit the new rules.

eozsmiles

Bench
They reckon the Titans still want him even though at the time they said it was a now-or-never deal for 2013 onwards.

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
I am told Killer is buying or has already bought a small farm near the Qld Border. He wants to bring his family up in a country life style. Hence the attraction to play with the Titans.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
It was suggested the Broncos might chase him as well now, after losing Norman.

I'd be pretty annoyed to see him in a Broncos jersey... He has carved them a new one for so long.

Patorick

Staff member
Mauro wasn't an outstanding player but it'll be disappointing to see him go. Very reliable player who got in and did the tough stuff. Never good to see local juniors go but he has a shot a regular starting spot so good luck to him.

As for Foran, I thought he was one part of the reason Kieren decided to stay at Manly. Another reliable but not so flashy player that should get a good opportunity in the UK. We have some options in the halves and with Buhrer and Ballin being more than capable hookers, it doesn't leave too much room for Liam.
Manly's missing Vic a fair bit right now, for some reason he's only on the bench for Salford.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Killer hasn't been in top form so far this season. I hope we don't pay overs by too much. I love the guy, but he is starting to age. We should aim to retain if we can, and perhaps offer a deal for centre coach after he retires. We are going to have a massive hole about the same time when Matai and Lyon retire.