What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MacDonald to go North??

Drag Queen

Bench
I firmly believe Nene has the potential to be a top class winger like Vunivalu.

He is still very young. This year he has improved tenfold. If he continues to improve he could reach scary heights.

Would prefer to keep him. His flaws are not inherent and are the type which will get better over time, as they already have.

It's the other wing I'm more concerned about. Let's see if Mann can make it his own
A savvy coach could make this guy great.
Great player just poorly coached?
Thats a good one.
We have 5 players in Origin, I think the players are being coached well enough to develop to their potential.
Nene is a good player, not a great player though IMO.
Coach has nothing to do with it.
That's why all our backs are on fire then Crush? No they aren't.

LINESPEED

Juniors
https://www.5thtackle.com/2018/06/15/macdonald-to-head-back-north/

Sorry it wouldn’t let me copy the article across.

I’m not against this, while he has value we could potentially get more upside from a Lomax/Herbert and they would come cheaper. If he’s going in 2020, I’d say let him go in 2019.

Imagine a back three of Dufty, Lomax, Herbert - add field in the mix.

To Alaska??

I've been saying this for quite a while now.
Throw in Field & you've got the fastest backline in the NRL?

Drag Queen

Bench
I think you may smoking TURD in your ice pipe!

Don't do drugs foramites because you receive responses like this.

BTW according to DQ Duffty is way below Quinlan in Dragons fullbacks
You're a funny dude. Go to sleep. You're incoherent.. Yawn.

Last edited:

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Nene McDonald's improvement this year has been miraculous, he has become a great finisher which is what you want in a winger. I think Nene has played his role, like the rest of the team in why we are leading the competition. I would like to see him stay but once any team becomes successful it's a juggling act to keep the players you need to stay at the top.

nontime111

Juniors
Love NENE! Hes turned it ALL around this year without his extreme acrobatics wed not be top of the table.....he is a FINISHER! thats what you want, someone who can find his way to the line he does it most everytime Im glad hell stay

hewi

Bench
The Telgraph reporting that Nene will be joining Ben Barba at Nth Qld next year as a given. Sad if correct.

gitano

Juniors
While I appreciate his sometimes miraculous put downs, I’d like a winger that could run the length of the field.
We don't need highlight reel players. We need guys who get it done and handle the physical stuff. Nene brings a lot to our side. It's the Dufty/Dugan debate all over again. If we had Duges at the back this year I'd bet we'd be enjoying a second bite of the cherry instead of facing broncos away in elimination.

ALSGI

Bench
We don't need highlight reel players. We need guys who get it done and handle the physical stuff. Nene brings a lot to our side. It's the Dufty/Dugan debate all over again. If we had Duges at the back this year I'd bet we'd be enjoying a second bite of the cherry instead of facing broncos away in elimination.
Absolute BS.
For starters Duges would have been injured half the year.
Dufty and Nene have been our best in the backs this year. Both have either won us games or put us on the front foot plenty of times.