What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad dog a mad rabbit?

FJ

Juniors
2GB has said on their 8 pm and apparently 9 pm news bulletin that Adam Macdougall has signed with the rabbitohs.

Robbie_D

Juniors
Adam "Mad Dog" MacDougall joins Rabbitohs
By Thumper

The Allight South Sydney Rabbitohs have signed former international outside back Adam MacDougall for the 2004 National Rugby League season.

MacDougall, 28, has signed with South Sydney for one year, with a club option to continue into the 2005 NRL season.

The former New South Wales State of Origin and Australian Kangaroos representative has agreed to come to Redfern rather than remain with the Newcastle Knights, with whom MacDougall has played for the past eight seasons.

Souths Head Coach Paul Langmack says the signing of MacDougall will improve the Rabbitohs attacking talent in the outside backs, where he will most likely play in the centres.

“Adam is a proven top class performer – he’s played 11 Origin matches for the Blues, represented Australia with distinction in both the World Cup and on the Kangaroo tour, and has also won NRL premierships with the Knights,” Langmack said.

“His achievements are impressive, and he will provide another source of leadership for senior players – like Bryan Fletcher and Terry Hill – to call on during the season, and will set a fine example for our younger players to follow.

“Adam has proven in coming back from a serious knee injury that he still has the hunger, and more importantly, the ability, to be a top quality first grade contributor with Souths.

“He scored 11 tries in just 12 first grade appearances this season, which means Adam will be a potent attacking option for the Rabbitohs along with his younger brother Luke (7 tries in 9 games).

“I welcome him to the South Sydney club, and expect him to be a great addition to the Rabbitohs,” Langmack concluded.

34 54
Saturday, 30 Aug 2003
Aussie Stadium

Kasper

Bench
:lol: It's great to see North Queensland is no longer the retirement village of the NRL after your signings of Hill and Mcdougall. But i can atleast understand people wanting to finish there careers in North Queensland but Redfern. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rastus

Juniors
KINGLING said:
:lol: It's great to see North Queensland is no longer the retirement village of the NRL after your signings of Hill and Mcdougall. But i can atleast understand people wanting to finish there careers in North Queensland but Redfern. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;-) Yeah I hate having them in our team :lol: :lol: :lol: . By the way, how old are Campion & Rahihi :lol: :lol:

Kasper

Bench
rastus said:
KINGLING said:

;-) Yeah I hate having them in our team :lol: :lol: :lol: . By the way, how old are Campion & Rahihi :lol: :lol:
Pretty old, Just quitely who was the run on prop for NZ this year? oh Rauhihi was that's right. BTW what did we come thsi year in comparison to souths.

Campion or Hill... I know who I'd pick if I had the choice. One's a workhorse, the other is Terry Hill pretending to be a lock. Rauhihi or ... who? Fletcher is just a second rower having to step up for a small pack of forwards.

Mate, Souths have made a couple of woeful signings in these two. One year deals with old guys after the major recruiting season is over and there's little talent they can now draw in with their names. Just because they appear on channel 9 every now and then hardly makes them star signings. There's nothing in their signings at all. MacDougall hasn't made a break this season that didn't involve good lead up work and Terry Hill once again had an injury plagued season that is probably only matched by macDougall's.

Who is going to get MacDougall the ball next year for him to make metres? Who are both of their replacments for when they're out injured? Why didn't they go after young halves like Luke Dorn or Michael Monaghan? There's no creativity in their recruitment and as shown by other "big name" signings in Russell Richardson, Chris Walker and Adam Muir, this has failure written all over it.

Kasper

Bench
Danish Moo Cow said:
Campion or Hill... I know who I'd pick if I had the choice. One's a workhorse, the other is Terry Hill pretending to be a lock. Rauhihi or ... who? Fletcher is just a second rower having to step up for a small pack of forwards.

Mate, Souths have made a couple of woeful signings in these two. One year deals with old guys after the major recruiting season is over and there's little talent they can now draw in with their names. Just because they appear on channel 9 every now and then hardly makes them star signings. There's nothing in their signings at all. MacDougall hasn't made a break this season that didn't involve good lead up work and Terry Hill once again had an injury plagued season that is probably only matched by macDougall's.

Who is going to get MacDougall the ball next year for him to make metres? Who are both of their replacments for when they're out injured? Why didn't they go after young halves like Luke Dorn or Michael Monaghan? There's no creativity in their recruitment and as shown by other "big name" signings in Russell Richardson, Chris Walker and Adam Muir, this has failure written all over it.

Well said. :D

Alan Shore

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:

There's no doubt though that Tezza is still a good player and just needs to keep free of injuries to make an impact of this Souths side. Watts isn't that solid as a Fullback so maybe MacDougall can go there? I'd have a backline like this.

1. A.MacDougall
2. L.MacDougall
3. L.Hookey
4. T.Hill
5. A.Bajouri

Hill can't play backrow because its the only position Souths has quality depth in whilst Ashley Harrison is a better Lock. Where ever he plays Hill will make an impact.

rastus said:
KINGLING said:

rauhihi is one of the best props in the comp.

rastus

Juniors
KINGLING said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:

Pretty old, Just quitely who was the run on prop for NZ this year? oh Rauhihi was that's right. BTW what did we come thsi year in comparison to souths.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Was that the same side that got absolutely smashed ;-)

rastus said:
KINGLING said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:

yea gainst the team that played 3 trial matches and had worked combinations.

southern warrior said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:

yea against the team that played 3 trial matches and had worked combinations.

Kasper

Bench
rastus said:
KINGLING said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:

Yeah pretty much exactly as southern warrior said against a team that had had 3 trials and worked combinations. He also played in a side that beat the rabbits 60-8. :lol:

rastus

Juniors
KINGLING said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:
rastus said:
KINGLING said:

Yeah pretty much exactly as southern warrior said against a team that had had 3 trials and worked combinations. He also played in a side that beat the rabbits 60-8. :lol:

:lol: :lol: you mean the soo where the two teams beat each other senseless, and i have yet to work out how teams playing each other work out combinations, but if you want to run with that the heh, go for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

iggy plop

First Grade
Terry Hill = worst buy ever. If he was going to play , then match payments should've been it. Dorn or Monaghan would've been far better options. Souths need halves!!!!!!

Alan Shore

First Grade
iggy plop said:
Terry Hill = worst buy ever. If he was going to play , then match payments should've been it. Dorn or Monaghan would've been far better options. Souths need halves!!!!!!

They signed Dean Byrne.

RifRaf

Juniors
You blokes have enuff probs without bringing in a drug cheat... With keeping Owen out of Maccas and Terry off the booze etc.. Don't you think you should try and sign a player without a behavour problem? Oh yeah no sane player would sign with you....

rastus

Juniors
RifRaf said:
You blokes have enuff probs without bringing in a drug cheat... With keeping Owen out of Maccas and Terry off the booze etc.. Don't you think you should try and sign a player without a behavour problem? Oh yeah no sane player would sign with you....

Aren't you a Manly supporter. Pot/Kettle

RifRaf

Juniors
Manly Supporter? Wash your filthy mouth out! That genius Bulldog One Eye started that crap....

Grantwhy

Juniors
Adam MacDougall has potential to be a good buy for Souths (if he stays fit).

Whether he is worth $200,000+ on a 12 month contract after his time out with injuries remains to be seen and could be taken as an indication of the standing of Souths.

The only problem i see is similiar to Chris Walker in that he is more of a "Try Scorer" than a "Try Creator". Without a team going forward and creating opportunities i doubt Souths will get their money's worth out of MacDougall.

Another forward or two, if possible some experience in the halves, a player if not to lead the team around the park but to give the players some 'sense' on the field - those would of been better for Souths to pick up.

But, as it is just a 12 month contract, Souths can use this part of the salary cap to plan for 2005.

Good luck to Souths in 2004, hopefully they can improve enough to let Manly fall bellow them for the Spoon ;-)

Hopefully they can avoid the 'Gold Coast' syndrome and keep most of the players they develop.

Latest posts