What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge and lifelong Souths fan join forces

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

greg jay

Juniors
i have a very close friendship and a strong bond with madge without going into details he is a wonderful man yes he is a hard task master but we dont want a soft coach ....Shadow...Great Article R20...
In REALITY Maguire is proving to be good for 3 years then bad from there. Further the personnel decisions have been very poor to the detriment of the football team. Maguire was HANDED a strong and powerful roster and he has quickly dismantled most of it. Anyone could see that playing Farah and Tuggg Boat Talakai was suicidal yet he persisted for SEVEN GAMES!!!. Maguire is too stubborn to be labelled a top coach and if not for Spudley's public criticism of The Burgess Clan and Maguire's tactics the losses would have continued to pile up. Who cares about Maguire doing social interviews or posing with "fans"?? He is paid to WIN football games and for TWO CONSECUTIVE SEASONS his team is IRRELEVANT.

greg jay

Juniors
Great story. He's a good guy Madge. Looks 10 years older from all the stress.

He gets a lot of hate but he seems to have a good connection with some of the players. Even the players that left seemed to be more Crowe's fault than madge's.
Maguire should be stressed. That's two consecutive poor seasons of losing football. Team has become irrelevant and the more the stubborn Maguire remains the worse The Crisps are becoming. Maguire playing Tugggg Boat Talakai for 7 games was a huge tactical error that was highlighted by this site yet Maguire persisted and persisted with a player the team cannot score and cannot win with. That tells me he is in no shape or form a top coach.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Maguire should be stressed. That's two consecutive poor seasons of losing football. Team has become irrelevant and the more the stubborn Maguire remains the worse The Crisps are becoming. Maguire playing Tugggg Boat Talakai for 7 games was a huge tactical error that was highlighted by this site yet Maguire persisted and persisted with a player the team cannot score and cannot win with. That tells me he is in no shape or form a top coach.

Maguire will get the start of next year to prove himself but if he doesn't deliver then he'll be gone. You can shit on the guy all you like but he gives a lot back to the community.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The only thing that pisses me off about Maguire is his team selections.
Well it wasn't working when he first put AJ at fullback and people wanted him to try something so he did....... (he did stick at Sutto at 6 too long as it didn't work but it's not easy being a coach)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well it wasn't working when he first put AJ at fullback and people wanted him to try something so he did....... (he did stick at Sutto at 6 too long as it didn't work but it's not easy being a coach)

Oh I'm not just talking about that. I'm talking about team selections throughout every position. Talakai was at centre for way too long, Fuimaono and Murray should have debuted way earlier in the year. This whole Cook and Farah saga has gone on for way too long.

I completely understand how hard it is being a coach. I struggled to coach under 16's soccer. I do believe there were selections this year that were blatantly poor however. I think Madge was actually blinded by past success in some regards.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Oh I'm not just talking about that. I'm talking about team selections throughout every position. Talakai was at centre for way too long, Fuimaono and Murray should have debuted way earlier in the year. This whole Cook and Farah saga has gone on for way too long.

I completely understand how hard it is being a coach. I struggled to coach under 16's soccer. I do believe there were selections this year that were blatantly poor however. I think Madge was actually blinded by past success in some regards.
Sutto back at 5/8 like I told you mate is gonna happen on Saturday....

greg jay

Juniors
Bravo bravo..........

People are also forgetting he took us to 21 and changed our club for the better when he stepped foot in the place........
Past success is fleeting and passes into The Dim & Distant as seasons progress. George Piggins led The Crisps to First Place in 1989 then collapsed in 1990 and was sacked. Most coaches last 3-4 years at a winning level then collapse and need to be shifted. Its a simple fact. Fans need to foget what Maguire did and emphasize what he is failing to do for two consecutive seasons now. the big picture question is: Can Maguire make this team a proper force again??? Is he capable does the drive and hunger actually exist??? There are obviously biggg question marks over that.

Travitoh

First Grade
Maguire will get the start of next year to prove himself but if he doesn't deliver then he'll be gone. You can shit on the guy all you like but he gives a lot back to the community.
Bravo bravo..........

People are also forgetting he took us to 21 and changed our club for the better when he stepped foot in the place........

You can't keep on backing him out of sentiment though. Sure he was the coach that broke the drought and delivered our 21st and the fans will always be grateful for that but at some stage we need to move on as a club.
Tom Brady was once asked which Superbowl was his favourite to which he replied "The next one." That is the difference in attitude between a winner and a loser.

Travitoh

First Grade

Of those 7 games that Talakai was filling in at centre (yes, filling in!), Cook started 5 with a 1-4 record, only beating Penrith by a point the week after a chunk of their side had a boozer. Why don't you make mention of that stat? Farah was 3-2 after his first 5 South Sydney starts, yet you blame him for our season and make no mention of Cook. Why is that?
I like the way that you look at stats but you can't just cherry pick to suit what opinion you want to put across because there are other factors that come into play that it seems you blindly ignore