What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge and lifelong Souths fan join forces

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You can't keep on backing him out of sentiment though. Sure he was the coach that broke the drought and delivered our 21st and the fans will always be grateful for that but at some stage we need to move on as a club.
Tom Brady was once asked which Superbowl was his favourite to which he replied "The next one." That is the difference in attitude between a winner and a loser.

I just think it's a shame what's happened to this team. I see more fault in the players than the coach but maybe I'm wrong. It is maguire's duty to perform a clean out and he never did however..

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
OI SOUTHS FANS - The bottom line is we should not have bought so many nsw cup players from 2015/2017 . Thats why we have a shiiit team what team would want my dud list below?none i am sure...So my question is who or whom bought these shiiit players below to perform at 1st grade level its a JOKE . Shadow...

SHADOWS (16) DUDS BELOW THAT NEED CULLING IMMEDIATELY AT SEASONS END WE NEED SUTTON TO RETIRE AND WE NEED TO SELL BOTH REYNOLDS AND FARAH AND BUY JAMES MALONEY OR CRONK OR BOTH.ADAM REYNOLDS IS NOT WORKING OUT AFTER 2014 AND HE KNOWS IT EXCEPT FOR SOUTHS WHOM ARE JUST INSANE AND PLAIN DUMB IN THE PLAYERS RECRUITMENT DEPARTMENT .

BRITT
BURNS
CHERRINGTON
CLARK
GOSIEWSKI
GREINKE
HUNT
JENNINGS
KELLY
MOCEIDREKE
MUSGROVE (LATEST DUD TO BE ADDED TO MY DUD LIST HE IS GOING BACKWARDS)
REYNOLDS (TIME TO SHOP HIM AROUND WITH FARAH IMMEDIATELY)
RUDOLF
SUTTON (NEEDS TO JOIN SOUTHS CARE PROGRAM IN 2018)
TALAKAI
TRACEY
TURNER
TYRRELL

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
rochow is another dud thats gone to the storm i wish the other 16 duds would follow for free but bellamy is too smart to do that look at souths vs storms line up today chalk vs cheese the souths management along with crowe/recruitment officers fugged its sponsors and members/ and fans alike big time what were they thinking by signing all these shiiit players they are INSANE FACT...Shadow...

greg jay

Juniors
Of those 7 games that Talakai was filling in at centre (yes, filling in!), Cook started 5 with a 1-4 record, only beating Penrith by a point the week after a chunk of their side had a boozer. Why don't you make mention of that stat? Farah was 3-2 after his first 5 South Sydney starts, yet you blame him for our season and make no mention of Cook. Why is that?
I like the way that you look at stats but you can't just cherry pick to suit what opinion you want to put across because there are other factors that come into play that it seems you blindly ignore
Listen it was virtually unanimous that Talakai not be picked yet Maguire - the Great Coach that he is - stubbornly stuck with what would never work. The kid tries hard but it was plain to see he would never be a centre in 1st grade. Maguire had options which many of us highlighted repeatedly yet he stubbornly stuck to a dead end. Talakai was NOT really a "fill in" but a stubborn bone head pick by a Coach who is showing himself to be a poor personnel judge. As for Farah his overall record is a LOSING one as a starter including his time at Balmain or whatever they call themselves now. Cook finished last season with a 4-1 record as a starter that really should have been 5-0 bar that penalty on Walker with 50 odd seconds remaining when in possession v Melbourne - A - Dubbb and I believe that his confidence was rocked by The Crisps taking on Farah. Cook's asset is speed in and around The Ruckkkk and let him attack when he sees fit and as the game unfolds yet Maguire has probably discouraged and confused Cook on how to play. Cook has appeared hesitant and confused at times when on the park from what I saw. No rhythm. The greater picture here is really Maguire. Crowe and The Sumo Man/Burt Large are sticking faithfully to Maguire when he has produced two poor seasons back to back and he has produced little in the way of unearthing good young players. Blind faith being shown in a Coach now used to losing is a very dangerous thing to do. The players look as though a 9 or 10 win season is good enough for them that its "mission accomplished" winning another title and the fire needed to gain an edge has long been extinguished under Maguire.

greg jay

Juniors
rochow is another dud thats gone to the storm i wish the other 16 duds would follow for free but bellamy is too smart to do that look at souths vs storms line up today chalk vs cheese the souths management along with crowe/recruitment officers fugged its sponsors and members/ and fans alike big time what were they thinking by signing all these shiiit players they are INSANE FACT...Shadow...
And Maguire as Head Coach?? Has he proven to be an ordinary Coach with little capacity for creative game planning and mid game adjustments?? The Crisps have Reynolds Walker Johnson The Burgess Brother - including The Great Sam - The emerging Crichton, Leading Try Getter in Alex J, Cook [whom MOST independent commentators love] the 300 game vet John Sutton not to mention The Invisible Man Inglis and yet in two seasons he has produced two 9-15 records. Oh and last season Maguire also had Keary Auvv'a and Mcinnes - three players who are now on playorrrf teams!!! It seems that Maguire is mostly accepted as a top coach when in fact his past two seasons are a disasterous 18-30 that should have seen him sacked.

greg jay

Juniors
OI SOUTHS FANS - The bottom line is we should not have bought so many nsw cup players from 2015/2017 . Thats why we have a shiiit team what team would want my dud list below?none i am sure...So my question is who or whom bought these shiiit players below to perform at 1st grade level its a JOKE . Shadow...

SHADOWS (16) DUDS BELOW THAT NEED CULLING IMMEDIATELY AT SEASONS END WE NEED SUTTON TO RETIRE AND WE NEED TO SELL BOTH REYNOLDS AND FARAH AND BUY JAMES MALONEY OR CRONK OR BOTH.ADAM REYNOLDS IS NOT WORKING OUT AFTER 2014 AND HE KNOWS IT EXCEPT FOR SOUTHS WHOM ARE JUST INSANE AND PLAIN DUMB IN THE PLAYERS RECRUITMENT DEPARTMENT .

BRITT
BURNS
CHERRINGTON
CLARK
GOSIEWSKI
GREINKE
HUNT
JENNINGS
KELLY
MOCEIDREKE
MUSGROVE (LATEST DUD TO BE ADDED TO MY DUD LIST HE IS GOING BACKWARDS)
REYNOLDS (TIME TO SHOP HIM AROUND WITH FARAH IMMEDIATELY)
RUDOLF
SUTTON (NEEDS TO JOIN SOUTHS CARE PROGRAM IN 2018)
TALAKAI
TRACEY
TURNER
TYRRELL
Man that's a long long list of "duds". Personally I would maintain: Hunt, Goswieski,Burns, Jennings, Musgrove, Tracey, Sutton and Reynolds. The rest can be shipped to Newtown Bridge along with Head Caoch Maguire. You cannot simply dump 5000 players in Salary Cap football for both depth and stability of playing system factors. There are also contract realities that prevent such an event from happening. Buying Cronk and Malony is totally UNREALISTIC given the SC and in any case do you want MORE SC space spent on almost retired/has been players??? Tracey has hardly even played due to his knee surgery and Musgrove is still very raw and unexposed to date. He has a poor game with a badly weakened side and he is gone eh?? You simply cannot cut all these players it will NOT work. What happens when Cronk and Maloney - both of whom are near the end - GET INJURED??? Then we see The Three Stooges or The Marx Brothers on the field because there will be NO DEPTH at all. To me Maguire is THE # 1 problem: as confirmation I cite what Spudley Carroll recently stated and how that jacked Maguire up for a few end of season games. The players have become too used to Maguire and the lack of hunger and accountability. Believe me this is the #1 problem. Put in a Geoff Toovey and watch the Burgess Brothers and Reynolds get fired up. I have seen this too many times before: It all starts or ends with the Head Coach.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
1.madge is ok he aint got teo/bully/mcqueen/api/dwalkz/keary/lote/auvaa this equates to having no cattle so when all of these players left madge was never going to do well even when auvaa/keary stayed on for another season or 2 .
2. reyno should be sold off/sutto should retire/musgrove has gone backwards he is miles away from being a top 1st grade player far from it in fact/ but all these other duds that you wish to keep they can all go and play in the nsw cup where they belong ile put your 1st sentence underneath my beliefs....cheers Shadow...

Man that's a long long list of "duds". Personally I would maintain: Hunt, Goswieski,Burns, Jennings, Musgrove, Tracey, Sutton and Reynolds. The rest can be shipped to Newtown Bridge along with Head Caoch Maguire.

greg jay

Juniors
1.madge is ok he aint got teo/bully/mcqueen/api/dwalkz/keary/lote/auvaa this equates to having no cattle so when all of these players left madge was never going to do well even when auvaa/keary stayed on for another season or 2 .
2. reyno should be sold off/sutto should retire/musgrove has gone backwards he is miles away from being a top 1st grade player far from it in fact/ but all these other duds that you wish to keep they can all go and play in the nsw cup where they belong ile put your 1st sentence underneath my beliefs....cheers Shadow...

Man that's a long long list of "duds". Personally I would maintain: Hunt, Goswieski,Burns, Jennings, Musgrove, Tracey, Sutton and Reynolds. The rest can be shipped to Newtown Bridge along with Head Caoch Maguire.
Peut-etre the words of Football GM Burt Large aka Shane R can best sum the situation up. Large stated words to the effect: "we are concentrated on developing our own players to avoid ever getting in this situation again". Translation: Large means Salary Cap Enfer due primarily to Reynolds Inglis Sam B and the other two Burgess. Hence The Crisps CANNOT afford to import Baloney Cronk et al ... Repeat they cannot afford such veteran experience. So why bother with such idle chat??? The club as per Burt Large is focused on their youth and several good players emerging in the winning U-20 side. This means the emphasis has to be put on The Head Coach Maguire to start winning games and start developing young players NOT named Angus Crichton. Further it is Maguire who has made terrible personnel decisions in particular Walker Keary Brown and Auvva all young and in their prime yet resigning Tyrell Turner et al and bringing in rejects like Rochow Cherrington Kelly etc . The Coach is critical in Salary Cap football its not the same as FC Barcelona or Real Madrid just paying huge sums on the spot for players they need. I notice you say Madge is "ok" hardly a firm endorsement.

greg jay

Juniors
Reported on Fox Sports "The weekend Rap" is that Maguire is leaving to be replaced by A. Siebold. I rate this a terrible move. Siebold will be a total dud and is totally the wrong replacement for Maguire.

greg jay

Juniors
Great story. He's a good guy Madge. Looks 10 years older from all the stress.

He gets a lot of hate but he seems to have a good connection with some of the players. Even the players that left seemed to be more Crowe's fault than madge's.
Reported on Fox Sports "The Weekend rap" is that Maguire is departing to be replaced by A. Siebold. A dud move for mine. Siebold has no coaching experience and will most likely fail. Siebold is not the guy to replace Maguire.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Reported on Fox Sports "The Weekend rap" is that Maguire is departing to be replaced by A. Siebold. A dud move for mine. Siebold has no coaching experience and will most likely fail. Siebold is not the guy to replace Maguire.

Who would you have replace him? I don't think there's anyone out there that's better than Madge.