What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge says we have no excuses for season 2017

doyen

Bench
Tbh I think Cody and Adam could help each other a lot!

Cody can better his kicking game and Adam can work on his running game.

I personally think we have one of the better halves pairings in the comp. They compliment each other very well.

Yeah--they can both improve their games ,especially AR with his running--he needs to know when to go for it--Cody is quick off the mark & seems to pick gaps well!!

Cody will make more errors than most with his approach--I just hope his exuberance isn't reined in due to him trying things that don't come off! Cody was second,only to Sam, in errors last season.

It's important that Madge gives him a very free rein,IMO---let him off the leash completely, really,to play his natural game & set the team alight!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Yeah--they can both improve their games ,especially AR with his running--he needs to know when to go for it--Cody is quick off the mark & seems to pick gaps well!!

Cody will make more errors than most with his approach--I just hope his exuberance isn't reined in due to him trying things that don't come off! Cody was second,only to Sam, in errors last season.

It's important that Madge gives him a very free rein,IMO---let him off the leash completely, really,to play his natural game & set the team alight!
AR scored a great running try against Manly later in the season, he busted through the line and brushed past Tom Trbojevic, just shows what he can do with a little confidence.

Agreed but you need to chance your arm sometimes, which is a good thing. Sure you need skill and discipline but you need a little risk and luck to win comps too!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Kyle doesn't run the ball enough imo. It's disappointing.
Are you going to the CS R95??? I am.
Yeah I'd like to see Kyle take a bit more initiative with the ball in hand. He scored some great tries in 2014 running lines, which he does very well.

Definitely going, very excited to see what team we field, and to see the Bunnies play on a Sunday arvo. Hallelujah the footy is back!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths dont need these 3 dud forwards (clark,turner,and tyrrell),a team like the broncos or cowboys or the storm would not field these 3 nsw cup level players in their top 17 team so why do souths field these 3 duds?please explain? Shadow...

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think this is a thinly veiled threat to the squad.
We've had the 2015 premiership hangover and departure of key players
In 2016 we had Sam's return, rumours that it caused upheaval, coffs harbour debacle, player misbehaving etc.
No more excuses this year.
I think it extends to the players to. GI has had knee problems, twins injury, Turner neck, Sam adjusting back to league etc.
I think if we have another bad year their may be a huge shake up coming

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Well if we field my team below we may make the (8).but if we keep using clark and tyrrell,turner,gray,and goodwin altogether in our top 17 team we will remain stale and noncompetitive i believe its time to go with youth so i say bring on the young guns.This back line is young and raw and fast and oozes loads of competitiveness that we presently lack if madge keeps using those above players that i wish will be moved on ASAP its actually stopping souths becoming a real threat for the(8) in 2017..P.S..I hope your reading this madge i know you quite well and its time for change mate forget the old guard it aint working...bring on the young guns.....Shadow...
top 17:
1. inglis
2. aj
3. hunt
4. jennings
5. burns
6. walker
7. reynolds
8. tburgi
9. farah
10. musgrove
11. sutton
12. rochow
13. samburgi
bench:cook,gburgi,cherrington,crichton.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Tyrrell is looking likely he will be there round 1.

My face is red Shadow at the thought of it.

It's a recipe for disaster Shadow.

doyen

Bench
AR scored a great running try against Manly later in the season, he busted through the line and brushed past Tom Trbojevic, just shows what he can do with a little confidence.

Agreed but you need to chance your arm sometimes, which is a good thing. Sure you need skill and discipline but you need a little risk and luck to win comps too!

I think that was one of those tries where the opposition contributed to the try by getting in one another's way & it was made to look better than it really was--I do remember that!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Starting him in a trial game doesn't mean he'll start Round 1.
Exactly. Who knows he could of had a massive pre season and he might actually deserve to be there. I don't think he will be though.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Exactly. Who knows he could of had a massive pre season and he might actually deserve to be there. I don't think he will be though.
The guy started every game in 2014. He wasn't a prolific runner of the ball then either. Madge obviously has his reasons for picking tyrrell and they mostly work.
Look at it this way, Tyrell and George Burgess combined so well in the past. George was the devastating runner, tyrrell the defence rock and did the extra shit work for George. When George lost form, we needed a player that did more then just do George's extras for him, we needed someone to make up for George no longer being a devastating runner. Why a good all-rounder like Brown got the spot. But maybe with tyrrell's selection the coach has faith back in George's devastating running game, so his picking a guy that does all of George's shit work for him again

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well if we field my team below we may make the (8).but if we keep using clark and tyrrell,turner,gray,and goodwin altogether in our top 17 team we will remain stale and noncompetitive i believe its time to go with youth so i say bring on the young guns.This back line is young and raw and fast and oozes loads of competitiveness that we presently lack if madge keeps using those above players that i wish will be moved on ASAP its actually stopping souths becoming a real threat for the(8) in 2017..P.S..I hope your reading this madge i know you quite well and its time for change mate forget the old guard it aint working...bring on the young guns.....Shadow...
top 17:
1. inglis
2. aj
3. hunt
4. jennings
5. burns
6. walker
7. reynolds
8. tburgi
9. farah
10. musgrove
11. sutton
12. rochow
13. samburgi
bench:cook,gburgi,cherrington,crichton.

That looks like a dangerous side. I'm really hoping tom Burgess has a good year though otherwise he's just no good. More of a liability that an asset in that case.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If he is there in Round 1 and he earns it by playing really well in the Charity Shield then I won't be concerned.
I don't expect much.

He will have to make sure he makes about 8-9 hit ups for 65metres. Then he's had a fair go.

I wonder where we can find out the Charity Shield stats after the game???? Maybe we will try Fox Sports.