Madge

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by Rabbit toes, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Smirrors

Smirrors Juniors

Too funny. It was obvious to everyone but you that GI wanted to be off the field.

Either way it was a bad look for Souths that he stayed on.

DC_fan and foreverinourshadow like this.
  2. Galeforce

Galeforce Juniors

Madge has to take responsibility for leaving GI on , it was clear to all that , whatever the injury , GI was a passenger. Even the try he scored , he did it in a pathetic fashion and should not have come back onto the field in the second half. At no stage in the second half did he show he had movement to play NRL and he was targeted from the outset.

I do not care what the medicos . thought the injury was , a lame horse is shot , a clearly lame NRL player should be replaced and iced up.If they cannot run an injury out after a couple of minutes , they will not 20 minutes later.

Poor coaching and contributed to us losing that game. We held our own after GI was taken off.

3. foreverinourshadow

foreverinourshadow First Grade

correctamundo

4. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

So your saying the captain of Souths has so little sway that he couldn't get the manager to take him off at half time?
    Probably time for a new captain if that's the case.

5. foreverinourshadow

madge and the selectors will do my brain in if they pick tyrrell and clark and kelly again we cant win with these 3 duds in the top 17....Shadow...

6. alien

alien Referee

I'm not sure how GI can be blamed. He kept waving to come off, so it's like the doctors/trainers or coach told him to stay on - Big mistake.

foreverinourshadow likes this.
  7. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

Waved to come off or waved to get the physio to check him out? How can you tell the difference?

8. Souths Till I Die

Souths Till I Die Juniors

I think part of GI would of wanted to stay on. It's normal for athletes to keep on wanting to compete when they're hurt, especially competitive ones. He is the captain after all he probably wanted to stay on the field because he thought our best chance was with him on the field. But there definitely would be part of him that was thinking "f**k my knee isn't working properly". You can't hate the guy for not wanting to give up. He's a great captain and has had a fair few problems with his knee after 2014. I think the question that he needs to ask himself is whether or not he is an asset or a liability to the team with the amount of money we pay for him. Inglis is one of the best players in the game and was a major part of our 2014 premiership. I don't want to see the guy play until he can't walk though.

9. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

I'm not blaming GI at all and I think GI knew it was bad but didn't want to admit it, it was written all over his face it was bad and I said the same on Friday night on these forums.
    Although I admit that's just conjecture.
    I'm just not going to bag Madge for keeping him out there without knowing what GI and the medical staff said.
    To me the scenario that the captain tells Madge at half time he is crocked and he forces him back out on the field is just nonsense.

themacemaceman likes this.
  10. DC_fan

DC_fan First Grade

lets be honest, the medical guys got his injury wrong. But that can happen.

No excuse for Maguire in keeping Inglis on the field. The coach has a lot to answer for with this.

foreverinourshadow likes this.
  11. themacemaceman

themacemaceman Juniors

From ninemsn

Souths have denied leaving him on the field exacerbated the injury and Cronulla captain Paul Gallen on Sunday said knee injuries were difficult to diagnose and defended the Rabbitohs medicos.

12. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Referee

Correct.

13. Rabbits20

Rabbits20 Referee

Correct.

14. themacemaceman

themacemaceman Juniors

I'm starting to have a different opinion on this. Sounds like GI is pretty pissed about the whole situation.

Rabbit toes likes this.
  15. handyman2190

handyman2190 Juniors

The news is he insisted on staying on the field his facial expressions may have obviously been of pain and discomfort but like madge the Dr advice prompted both decissions.
    This talking hypothesising and bullshit coming from all and sundry must stop. This destabilises the club and players more than they already are lets move on we have bigger fish to fry

16. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Juniors

Has gallen done an ACL in his career?

17. Rabbit toes

Rabbit toes Juniors

Are saying that we on the forum discussing this is destabilising the club and players or the media/players/officials etc?

18. themacemaceman

themacemaceman Juniors

Not too sure. I know he's had a knee injury but of what type I'm not sure.
    What I do know is that with the many years he's played in the NRL I'm sure he's come across the odd team mate that has done an ACL.
    I'd say most clubs have 1 or 2 blokes. Season do an ACL.

19. DC_fan

DC_fan First Grade

Anyone from the club, be it player of official would be stupid to visit forums like this.

20. foreverinourshadow

its funny here....Shadow...