What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

Pommy

Coach
Looks like Madge is going to get the Warrington job.
Happy with that I'm sure he can be successful there.

Travitoh

First Grade
Looks like Madge is going to get the Warrington job.
Happy with that I'm sure he can be successful there.

Leeds could've done with him. SL is becoming a decent competition overall. The top clubs are no longer as dominant as they once were

Pommy

Coach
Leeds could've done with him. SL is becoming a decent competition overall. The top clubs are no longer as dominant as they once were

Maybe I kind of expect Castleford to do a Leicester and fall away next year.
Who knows with the sport expanding to North America in a few years it could be the best Australians going to play in the SL rather than the opposite.

Pommy

Coach
Where did you hear that? Warrington denied having any interest in Madge.

Just rumours. The season isn't over yet so I don't imagine they would admit to anything yet.
Once they finish I think Tony Smith will be getting the boot

southsport

First Grade
Just rumours. The season isn't over yet so I don't imagine they would admit to anything yet.
Once they finish I think Tony Smith will be getting the boot

Of course, that's the best way for Warrington to handle it.

southsport

First Grade
Warrington announce smith will leave at the end of the season.

I guess that's where Madge will coach at then, he's not likely to get the titans gig due to Tallis being on the titans board, it's seems that when Tallis left Souths coaching staff he didn't leave on good terms with Madge..........karma catching up with Madge it seems.

Pommy

Coach
I guess that's where Madge will coach at then, he's not likely to get the titans gig due to Tallis being on the titans board, it's seems that when Tallis left Souths coaching staff he didn't leave on good terms with Madge..........karma catching up with Madge it seems.

I don't think not getting the titans job is bad karma.
I wouldn't want to be in the same state as Hayne never mind being his boss.

I think Warrington will be a great fit and I'm looking forward to seeing him deliver a title there.

Madge has a long career ahead of him he doesn't need to take the next NRL job that comes along. He should be able to stay in the SL for a few years and then come back when a job worth taking arises.

southsport

First Grade
I don't think not getting the titans job is bad karma.
I wouldn't want to be in the same state as Hayne never mind being his boss.

I think Warrington will be a great fit and I'm looking forward to seeing him deliver a title there.

Madge has a long career ahead of him he doesn't need to take the next NRL job that comes along. He should be able to stay in the SL for a few years and then come back when a job worth taking arises.

I suppose it's whether or not he wants to stay in Oz, I take your point though.

doyen

Bench

I think you're right with the karma!

It will be interesting to see if any NRL clubs at all make a play for Madge.

Maybe his over-structured,mundane style has worn pretty thin!!

Pommy

Coach
The Titans need a coach like Madge. He would turn them into a top 8 team.

Or it would end his career. It just loooks like a total shit fight. Record of failure, Hayne, nobody knows who the owners will be in 12 months, Hayne oh and Hayne.

I would be disappointed if he took that job, career suicide.
Wire are in a position similar to when he took over at Souths the foundations are all there for success it just needs someone to come in and make it happen.

When I met Madge he told me he loved his time in England, although it could have just been him being pleasent. Although it didn't feel like that.

doyen

Bench
Or it would end his career. It just loooks like a total shit fight. Record of failure, Hayne, nobody knows who the owners will be in 12 months, Hayne oh and Hayne.

I would be disappointed if he took that job, career suicide.
Wire are in a position similar to when he took over at Souths the foundations are all there for success it just needs someone to come in and make it happen.

I think SL suits Madge--he swans in & converts a team to robots which tends to fluster the more free-flowing style of the pommy teams.
I don't like him as a coach--he's very blinkered!!

A team needs a coach who can strike a good balance with structure & freedom of expression for the players--I don't think Madge has that ability.
One needs to be able to watch sport & extract some degree of enjoyment too--I don't think we've received this at Sths in the past couple of years!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
I think SL suits Madge--he swans in & converts a team to robots which tends to fluster the more free-flowing style of the pommy teams.
I don't like him as a coach--he's very blinkered!!

I'm not going to say I don't like him. But I'm not sad to see him leave Souths, the change was needed.
I am very happy to see him being linked to my SL side.
I don't know if his style suits SL better as it is less structured and more free flowing/entertaining than here.
I still think he can have success there though.

He has won everying a club league coach can except a minor premiership. That doesn't happen to bad coaches.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi SOUTHSPORT great avatar mate;)...Shadow...
42116.jpg

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm not going to say I don't like him. But I'm not sad to see him leave Souths, the change was needed.
I don't know if his style suits SL better as it is less structured and more free flowing/entertaining than here.

He has won everying a club league coach can except a minor premiership. That doesn't happen to bad coaches.

Madge's structured style may actually suit the super league.

doyen

Bench

I've edited & added to my previous post---I'm sure he'll do well with Warrington as he will get them regimented & structured.
He's had a couple of pretty impressive squads in Sths & Wigan--both almost coach's dream teams.
I'm not sure how Warrington is placed now.A good coach should be able to better a "weaker" squad by improving their all-round skills!
How Madge would go with a Knight's type would be the test!

Last edited:

doyen

Bench
Madge's structured style may actually suit the super league.

It does suit because it's highly structured & a shock to the style of RL over there which is trying its darndest to play the game the way it was meant to be!!
I suppose though that the main aim these days is to win no matter the cost--stuff what happens to what should be a free-flowing & very watchable sport.
We badly need coaches who make the game better & NOT set out to ruin it!!