What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
If you all think that these players can go well for our great coach madge/souths well your delusional/ tyrrell/turner/clark/rochow/cherro/gosiewski/greinke/kelly/nielsen/jennings/burns/talakai/moceidreke/rudolf

SUMMARY:Blame the owner Russell Crowe/Souths for their mismanagement skills and incompetence in having an abundance of non 1st grade players in our 32 man 1st grade squad after 2014 only greinke and rudolf never played in 2017 the mind boggles how dysfunctional the souths club truly were/was and still are??lets hope the latter starts getting their act together for 2018 ASAP F A C T!!!Wake up Rusty its time to put head up and a$$ down lad ...Shadow...

Youre right but I still think it was a disgrace how we handled it. Surely they could of arranged a goodbye for the players on the last game instead of inviting him to a board meeting saying "nah you're gone mate pack your bags and leave". The board apparently didn't believe his presentation was good enough to stay in his position.
maybe the players or some at least were glad they never had to look Madge in the eye and say good bye.

doyen

Bench
From all ends I've heard it was quite nasty and Madge had no idea he was getting sacked until he was told. The way that it supposedly happened was the board asked Madge how he was gonna improve the team, especially the Burgess twins. He basically argued that hard work would get us out of our situation and they said it wasn't good enough. Madge apparently yelled at them saying "you'll get yours".

If this is true this is absolutely disgraceful.

Seibold however looks like he knows what he's doing so at least Souths had a good replacement.

Looks like Madge not only lost his cool with his players,ranting & raving, but also abused the board members.
Maybe he needs to attend anger management classes!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Looks like Madge not only lost his cool with his players,ranting & raving, but also abused the board members.

I don't know about you doyen but if I was in madge's situation I probably would of said a lot worse than "you'll get yours" hahaha.

handyman2190

Bench
I don't know about you doyen but if I was in madge's situation I probably would of said a lot worse than "you'll get yours" hahaha.
Honestly what did he expect?
For the last 3 years he has been in charge we have lost quality and inported garbage he got rid of recruitment and stuffed it did he really expect us to telegraph it to him weekly that his job was on the line?
Its a results driven industry the writing was on the wall and he got his pay check 1.4m in his hand unlike hasler.
Either way i tend not to believe this rumour ranting and abusing board members thats not madge

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
For the last 3 years he has been in charge we have lost quality and inported garbage he got rid of recruitment and stuffed it did he really expect us to telegraph it to him weekly that his job was on the line?
Its a results driven industry the writing was on the wall and he got his pay check 1.4m in his hand unlike hasler.
Either way i tend not to believe this rumour ranting and abusing board members thats not madge

I kind of understand where you're coming from but what does Madge do when the salary cap is already f**ked anyway?

Rabbits20

Immortal
What seibold is trying to do shift the nonperformers sell them buy others u cant just keep playing donkeys whoever resigned AR should walk the plank
AR is a premiership winning half so I can't blame them for keeping him.....

He now needs to have a big 2018.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors

there you go talking poo again, you have no idea, stop it, you'll make more of a fool of yourself

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
If you all think that these players can go well for our great coach madge/souths well your delusional/ tyrrell/turner/clark/rochow/cherro/gosiewski/greinke/kelly/nielsen/jennings/burns/talakai/moceidreke/rudolf

SUMMARY:Blame the owner Russell Crowe/Souths for their mismanagement skills and incompetence in having an abundance of non 1st grade players in our 32 man 1st grade squad after 2014 only greinke and rudolf never played in 2017 the mind boggles how dysfunctional the souths club truly were/was and still are??lets hope the latter starts getting their act together for 2018 ASAP F A C T!!!Wake up Rusty its time to put head up and a$$ down lad ...Shadow...

Why would you blame Crowe? he's not accountable, he owns the joint, he employed, through the club, all the people to run the club, they follow a full revue system at the end of every year, anything & everything has been looked at continuously

Effectively, Richo & Blake Solly are both new recruits brought in to fix the mess that was left after John Lee left

southsport

First Grade

Correct doyen, at being told of his fate it is said that he gave them a spray but it was mostly directed at Richo.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but I tend to think of all the other coaches that have been sacked and went quietly, why didn't Madge do the same?

I don't understand why that's such a big deal though. It would be the same thing if you were employed to a company and for weeks on end there were people whispering behind your back about you getting the sack. Then bam you get the sack in the meeting. If that was me I would of gone off at all of them.

Madge WAS quiet about what went on. He hasn't gone and complained to the media like some of our former players have and he hasn't tried to steal any of our players either. Madge is a good guy and deserved much better than what he supposedly received.

Latest posts