What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mafia Game: WCW vs nWo

Hoggmaster

Juniors
so someone gets randomly put into a side and anyone who tries to check dies
so much gay

If your talking about dutchy he was definately town. If youre talking about JM you all had the chance to Lynch him but no one would lynch anyone till I threatened to start killing people.

Never seen a town refuse to lynch outed bad guys before.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Plus, I f**king told you that Hart was Hollywood Aligned.

I didn't tell a single lie in my final day, except from excluding the fact that I could still recruit DB since I knew he was Hennig.

mickyj

Bench
I tried to lynch people all the time but there were too many other voices. I wanted to lynch Seejay from the start. But no one else wanted to and believed their bullshit. In end it felt like town had no one at all. I posted about the AFS interview and asked if anyone could work out who he was and not a single person said anything. I stopped watching wrestling long before this period and had no knowledge. In the end I worked out some stuff by spending ages in the wikis.
Knew Dutchy was town. It was JM. Just seemed like each time the game was in the balance a new part was added. With most of town doing and saying nothing there was really little to no hope.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I knew it was Eddie, but didn't feel any great desire to help town at that point :lol:

I'm glad we didn't lynch PP earlier. I can stomach him winning, but I wouldn't have liked seeing BM's bad play on day #1 rewarded.

Parra Pride

Coach
Hoggmaster said:
You are Vince Russo. Independent aligned idiotic writer

You are the one and only Vince Russo; the man who saved the WWF and destroyed WCW. Through a combination of bizarre storylines, stupid gimmicks, and frequent alignment turns you managed to alienate virtually every fan of wrestling and make it unwatchable.

Power-

Writer: Every night you can send me up to 50 words (a picture can be inserted but will cost you 10 words. These will be inserted into the write up and will appear to be part of the phase. They can be anything you like (player deaths, backstage incidents, matches etc.), but must be wrestling related. If you can get 10 different posts by other players admitting confusion related to your segment you will gain Ed Ferrara as a hodor.

Win condition: You win if you are still alive when one faction gains victory or all other threats to town die. This is a sole victory not a shared one.

I didn't set myself up as some nobody townie since then merkins would've tried recruiting me, instead I f**ked with KTF's head.

Can't believe you idiots didn't try to kill or lynch me even once.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
I tried to lynch people all the time but there were too many other voices. I wanted to lynch Seejay from the start. But no one else wanted to and believed their bullshit. In end it felt like town had no one at all. I posted about the AFS interview and asked if anyone could work out who he was and not a single person said anything. I stopped watching wrestling long before this period and had no knowledge. In the end I worked out some stuff by spending ages in the wikis.
Knew Dutchy was town. It was JM. Just seemed like each time the game was in the balance a new part was added. With most of town doing and saying nothing there was really little to no hope.

The new parts were planned form the beginning and often restored balance. For example after Town lost their vigilante Dutchy came in to replace him.
I know a lot of mafia were complaining town were overpowered with 3 different vigilantes throughout the game, one of which could kill 3 times a night. Truth is most town deaths came from town themselves.
I felt at no point, except the final night where a bit of bad luck hit town (2 50/50 chances went against them), that one faction had a real grip on the game and was particularly overpowered.
The failure to lynch PP on the 3rd night despite the fact he was outed and no one had any interest in keeping him alive, was what cost everyone the game.

Misanthrope

Staff member
FFS that's frustrating. I thought about targetting PP for thekill but always assumed he had protection.

Yeah, I would have gone after him if I wasn't busy trying to recruit. In hindsight, I should have told CJ to stop chasing the title and just nail f**kers.

It ended up getting him killed and gained us nothing.

mickyj

Bench
too many people seem to sign up and not really play
when they are mafia you can cover but when they are town it just leaves town in a hole
we had no piper pit until i got the role. might of helped town if they knew some bad guys instead of killing each other early

Hoggmaster

Juniors
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/gW7siML6MQ2

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/jkC42qqdbKE7

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/C5DSB54vJUxSv

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/zL9hqLdBbmk

The 4 quicktopics I ended up being part of. Things got so bloody confusing midgame. Had no idea who was with me and against me.

:lol: That was so funny. You initially thought Drew had turned and had QT's for various combinations of people. Felt a little bad after a while.... Then i got over it and found it funny again :D

Hoggmaster

Juniors
too many people seem to sign up and not really play
when they are mafia you can cover but when they are town it just leaves town in a hole
we had no piper pit until i got the role. might of helped town if they knew some bad guys instead of killing each other early

That was a huge problem for town, and was one of the reasons the game went so long. I realise not everyone plays mafia as religiously as some of us so i tried to gradually bring people in by having long phases so they could check once or twice a day and still do things. Unfortunately they didnt do it at all and it just meant the game dragged in parts.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
Anyway guys head over and sign up for WWF vs WCW mafia. It will be almost a semi-sequel to this and will pick up where this one left off. Hope you enjoyed this one. I had tons of fun writing it.

Parra Pride

Coach
FFS that's frustrating. I thought about targetting PP for thekill but always assumed he had protection.

From night 3 onwards I had Ed Ferrara as a hodor, that was the extent of my protection. That moment when all three dons were outed and started trying to convince every to lynch the other factions was a great moment for me, as it pretty much made me an after thought.