What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies Semi Side

yappy

Bench
1 Luke DUFFY
2 Trent CLAYTON
3 Dean COLLIS
4 Ken McGUINNESS
5 John OLZARD
6 Clint GREENSHIELDS
7 Nathan MURPHY
8 Brett O'FARRELL
9 Chris LEVY
10 Tere GLASSIE
11 Gray VIANE
12 Nigel PLUM
13 Liam FULTON
14 John PETERSON
15 Brad EISENHUTH
16 Bryce GIBBS
17 Ray CASHMERE
18 Drew DALTON
19 Jordan MACEY
20 Wes HALLAM-MANN
21 Michael PAPA
22 David DJUKICH

Macey is real unlucky, better player than Clayton IMHO. Backs are good, Forwards are good (don't be surprised if Bryce starts in place of Tere). So long as Drewy gets plenty of game time it will be good in the middle. The problems revolve around the halves and dummy half. The Murph, Greenshields is untried and semis ain't the time for testing new combos. Levy isn't the best dummy half either. We really missed the scoots that Eiso and Rimmer make last week. Rimmer is still injured but thankfully Eiso is back on the bench. Hope he gets a good run.

Clint Hill is still injured, but with O'Farrell going like a machine, and Bryce, Cashy, Tere, and Paps in the side his go forward won't be missed. Gravy was quiet last week. I hope he fires up. If he does he could be the difference.

westie

Bench
Where's Benny Roberts, he added some real spark to the side. He's gunna be a very good player.

tiger_nick

Bench
I thought Manu would have played enough games to be in the finals, obvioulsy not? I would of had Clayton @ fullback, macey on the wing and Duffy on the bench. I know Ill get blown up but I dont rate him.

westie

Bench
tiger_nick said:
I thought Manu would have played enough games to be in the finals, obvioulsy not? I would of had Clayton @ fullback, macey on the wing and Duffy on the bench. I know Ill get blown up but I dont rate him.

Duff knows how to play fullback better than trent.

yappy

Bench
bloody oath you'll get blown up. If Duff could stay uninjured he'd be playing first grade. Did you even watch last week mate? His positional play at fullback is superb. He is the quickest player in the side and elusive to boot, and how about that one on one strip that led to Levy's try? It sure wasn't Duff's fault we got done.

tiger_nick

Bench
Well in his defence no i didnt see him last week. Do you really think he is the best back at the maggies? I would have said Greenshields

yappy

Bench
The best? Well that's a big call, but he must be close. Greeny has gone alright but I don't think so good that you'd say he's the Maggies best back. If Olzard had a bit more toe it would be him for sure I reckon. No one works harder than that guy but his lack of speed was cruelly exposed by Chris Hicks. Macey is fantastic also. I think our back three is pretty damn good really. Pacey and Duff have the speed and Johnny O provides the grunt and is a more than handy goal kicker. The thing that seperates the Magpies from the top sides in premiers is not having a good (and settled) halves combo and the stubborn refusal to not clock off for twenty minutes in every game.

yappy

Bench
The question of best forward for the Maggies is easy though. Brett O'Farrell by a mile. The guy is the one player in the side who can be relied on to never drop his intensity. The fact Sheens hasn't even given him a shot when players like Trindall have played plenty of First Grade is a joke. It's not as if he hasn't played NRL. I can't remember him missing a game either this season. Consistent performance and few if any injuries - what more do you want from you go forward men? He has had two very good years for us and I hope there are more to come. Sheens might not appreciate him, but every Magpie fan sure as hell does.

Alan Shore

First Grade
yappy said:
The question of best forward for the Maggies is easy though. Brett O'Farrell by a mile. The guy is the one player in the side who can be relied on to never drop his intensity. The fact Sheens hasn't even given him a shot when players like Trindall have played plenty of First Grade is a joke. It's not as if he hasn't played NRL. I can't remember him missing a game either this season. Consistent performance and few if any injuries - what more do you want from you go forward men? He has had two very good years for us and I hope there are more to come. Sheens might not appreciate him, but every Magpie fan sure as hell does.

O'Farrell played for the Storm if I remember correctly.

westie

Bench
Tamazoid said:
yappy said:

O'Farrell played for the Storm if I remember correctly.

As far as I can remember you are right.

Gobbso

Juniors
Its gonna be an extremely HUGE task for the Magpies to defeat a very strong Parramatta team. Here's how the Eels line up...

1. Ronald Prince
2. Pat Richards
3. Willie Tonga
4. Chad Halliday
5. John Williams
6. Andrew Meads
7. Jeff Robson
8. Kylie Leuluai
9. Daniel Irvine
10. Justin Tsoulos
11. David Solomona
12. Steve Crouch
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange:
14. Tim Smith
15. Nathan Hollingsworth
16. Adam Wheeler
17. Josh Cordoba
18. Nathan McMillan
19. Wade Russell
20. Matt Lantry
21. Matt Nightingale
22. Matt Gruszka

10 Top 1st Grader's in their Premier League team. C'mon you MAGGIES! 8)

brook

First Grade
how on earth does solomona qualify for the premier league finals? he's played mostly first grade all year!!!

Tigerpete

Juniors
Does make u wonder how some players can qualify for FG finals. In Balmain's case, i was surprised to see Halatau named in PL, i would've thought he'd have played too much FG???? Same could be said for Phil Graham at Canberra??

The rules for qualifying for PL finals seem very confusing to me and in some ways even a lttle grey????? Oh well i know we're all glad to see Halatau back for the tigers!

braz

Juniors
i can't go this week. i'll have to listen to hadley :roll:

hope the boys can pull off an upset and i'll be there next week.

Gobbso

Juniors
braz said:
i can't go this week. i'll have to listen to hadley :roll:

hope the boys can pull off an upset and i'll be there next week.

Start praying braz! Light a few candles too! I think the Magpies will need all the help they can get to overcome this Eels outfit. :? But then again...the Maggies were supposedly no chance against the Bulldogs last year, and we all know what happened that day! Fingers crossed...

legallyblonde

Juniors
Hey guys, thought I'd step out of the knights forum for awhile and see if anyone can tell me how John Peterson is doing this season in PL?
Cheers!

yappy

Bench
Has done a few good things but not consistently. He hasn't taken charge like a good half should. Has also been smashed by some of the more physical teams (Had a ride in an ambulance thanks to a Jet crash). He's got some ability but it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't a Wests in 2004.

legallyblonde

Juniors
hmm same problem he had playing with the sharks last year in flegg....dissapointing.
ok thanks for that yappy.
goodluck next year guys :)

Latest posts