What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

magpies

Gobbso

Juniors
I made a few observations today Yappy, one of them is that Kenny McGuinness is playing on the wrong side of the field. He is a Right Centre and a Right Centre only. It shows when he's given the football, (which was very rarely today), he seems to run back in field, which is towards the right. He's played his whole career on the right flank of the field and has had alot of success aswell. I hope Gentle and Georgallis are quick to rectify this. Another observation, Dalton has to start. They injected him into the game far too late as far as i was concerned anyway.

Anyway here's hoping the Mighties' can defeat the Steelers for a 2nd time this year. And what's the go with playing them twice at their home ground's? Bloody weird draw :?

yappy

Bench
Tough one about the centres. Collis is a natural right sider I suspect. (I've never seen him on the left) Ken went OK but he'd go even better if he tried to bust a tackle every now and then rather than running backwards and sideways looking for a gap all the time. He mightn't make too many breaks himself but he'd set up his winger more often.

The other guy who impressed in an otherwise lamentable effort was Abraham Pritchard. Smashed em he did. Him and Frankie went to war on each other.

Of course Drew should start. It's bloody ridiculous. I love Liam, and I'm sure he has a big future, but he's either playing out of position or he just hasn't stepped up. Whatever it is he doesn't give the side anything much in the 13. I wouldn't mind seeing him have a run at 5/8 or as a dummy half off the bench as he was played last year, but Drewy is so much more valuable to the side at lock it ain't funny.

He didn't get on until the horse had well and truly bolted and had almost no chance of making an impact but one play demonstrated what the side misses without him there. Wests were deep in their own twenty when a ball was flopped back to Drew. Instantly Dalts fired a bullet to Collis who was unmarked on the wing, swtiching the play and cutting out a couple of guys in the process. That takes real vision and a football brain, not the most common attributes. He is also the most enthusiastic guy, good on the chase and in support. I've heard he doesn't do himself any favours on the training paddock (and he sure don't look like an athlete) but he's a footballer through and through and the Magpies always look a better side with him on the field.