What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mal: Aus v NZ in Qatar at end of year + maybe Tonga (I am done)

Burns

First Grade
Would still be amazing to see Tonga v Aus - who could have guessed this 12 month ago?

yakstorm

First Grade
I'm not against some of the other options being proposed, but my fear is that Omar, Honolulu or Brisbane is unlikely to get the crowds or generate the hype that Auckland can for this fixture.

The large Tongan community in and around Auckland, plus the fact we would only need to sell 30,000 seats does make it the safer option, but in order to ensure that 2018 isn't the last time a Tier 1 nation plays Tonga until 2021, we need for the game to be a success.

Auckland also works relatively well for broadcast into the Pacific and back into Australia and arguably the NZ media is more likely to get excited by this match up than the Australia v NZ match (unless the NZ players in the NRL have a great season)

adamkungl

Immortal
Some things are worth more than money though.
It would be nice if we could get to a point where all the Pacific test playing nations could play a full-strength home game every year. Even if it's only 1, even if it just breaks even.

The Aus PM XIII go to PNG every September, it's obviously doable.

Pommy

Coach
Some things are worth more than money though.
It would be nice if we could get to a point where all the Pacific test playing nations could play a full-strength home game every year. Even if it's only 1, even if it just breaks even.

The Aus PM XIII go to PNG every September, it's obviously doable.

It probably is doable but what’s the benefit in reality?
At least if the Tongan RL can make some money they can put it back in to the sport in Tonga.

Pig Hunter

Juniors
It probably is doable but what’s the benefit in reality?
At least if the Tongan RL can make some money they can put it back in to the sport in Tonga.
Tongan RL is the best way to do this work for you today and then I’ll grab some dinner

Latest posts