What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mal Meninga Supercoach or Myth ?

Fat Krion

Juniors
Having steered QLD out of the origin oblivion to a unbelievable 7 series win in a row he deserves to be offered an opportunity in the NRL.

Cowboys and the Raiders need a replacement now.

Griffin's performance will be under scrutiny.

Hasler two years at the Dogs no premiership (not likely in 2014 as well) and all that money spent

Melbourne will have Bellamy retiring soon

The Raiders must be out of their collective minds to bypass one club legend and offer another 7 million dollar deal.

Do they know something we don't ?

Surely we know better.

With such an impressive record does Big Mal deserve (another) chance???

Thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:

Knock On

Juniors
Players make coaches.

As you know, I think coaching makes marginal difference other than allowing for an environment where people feel comfortable to work hard.

Coaching is very over-rated.

The best team wins 98% of sport

Mr Saab

Referee
Mal is like 53....never proclaimed to be a supercoach. Just a manager of men in origin and someone the players respect.

Fat Krion

Juniors
With many on this forum in the firm belief that Ricky Stuart is a myth then surely Big Chicken George..........smell my finger............Mal Meninga must be a coaching genius.

Having steered QLD out of the origin oblivion to a unbelievable 7 series win in a row he deserves to be offered an opportunity in the NRL.

Hasler two years at the Dogs no premiership (not likely in 2014 as well) and all that money spent

The Raiders must be out of their collective minds to bypass one club legend and offer another 7 million dollar deal.

Surely we know better.

Thoughts

start again

dogslife is a funny dud
originally posted by
fat krion

Led_Halen

Juniors
With many on this forum in the firm belief that Ricky Stuart is a myth then surely Big Chicken George..........smell my finger............Mal Meninga must be a coaching genius.

Surely we know better.

Thoughts

POPEYE

Coach
Players make coaches.

As you know, I think coaching makes marginal difference other than allowing for an environment where people feel comfortable to work hard.

Rubbish. Coaches make players. Mal is not a coach, simply the ringmaster of the greatest circus in the world . . . for the time being. To even hint that Meninga is a myth is sacrilege

mongoose

Coach
Players make coaches.

I would say in Origin coaching has little significance, but in club football coaching makes a huge difference. I bet if Bellamy was at the Dragons or Tigers they would be a lot closer to the top 8, if not in it. I don't think any coach could get the Eels off the bottom though...

Fat Krion

Juniors
Rubbish. Coaches make players. Mal is not a coach, simply the ringmaster of the greatest circus in the world . . . for the time being. To even hint that Meninga is a myth is sacrilege

Popeye, no offence intended just started this thread to highlight how stupid another thread was.

Led_Halen

Juniors

Rubbish, the QLD players coach themselves.

Fat Krion

Juniors
I would say in Origin coaching has little significance, but in club football coaching makes a huge difference. I bet if Bellamy was at the Dragons or Tigers they would be a lot closer to the top 8, if not in it. I don't think any coach could get the Eels off the bottom though...

100% correct but only if he had Slater Cronk and Smith at his disposal.

Latest posts