What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man of the Series?

kaon

Juniors
They didn't present it last night but if it were up to me, i'd give it to Luke Bailey.

legend

Coach
I think it owuld be a toss up between Luke Bailey and Craig Wing. Both were outstanding for the Blues but rest assured Johns will win the award hands down.

I often wonder how the nine commentators will survive once Johns retires. I think Sterlo might throw himself off the gap when Joey calls it a day. He'd be doig us a great service btw. :lol:

salivor

First Grade
Johns did win Man of the Series. Now sit back as he wins the Dally M player of the year despite several players having much better seasons.

legend

Coach
I think you are on the mark their Johnsy. Luke had a great series but Johns is a protected species. He mouthed off to someone after Friday night's loss to the Panthers but i'm sure nothing will be done about it.

As for Dally M's, I'd say Craig Wing would be leading at the moment. His form for the entire year has been outstanding and much more consistent than Johns.

salivor

First Grade
I wouldn't mind putting some money on it being an official he mouthed off to. Gallop has been strict on that issue so it'd be interesting if it was an official.

I actually think LeagueUnlimited's Player of the Year Awards has been a much more realistic judge of the players this year with guys like Lockyer, Orford, Wesser, Schifcofske and Bailey all up there.

Johnsy

As great a player as he is, if Johns does win Dally M this year well you can guess what you can do with the credibility of that award. :roll:

Johnsy

Alan Shore

First Grade
Johnsy said:
As great a player as he is, if Johns does win Dally M this year well you can guess what you can do with the credibility of that award. :roll:

Johnsy

Maybe it's just as well it was cancelled! :shock:

keeney

First Grade
i love all the johns bashing that occurs on this forum, if he didn't get injured, he would have given it a good run regardless of what you say, not because he is a "protected species" but simply because he is the best player in the world. While some of his ealry performances in the season may have been uninspiring, when the team needed him he was outstanding. He got something like 10 motm awards this year, and was a fair way ahead when voting went behind closed doors on the dally m's, despite a 2 week suspension.

Latest posts