What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man of the series

Dingle

Juniors
I think the man of the series award should go to heath streak. I know zimbabwe didn't make the finals and didnt even win a game but thanks to him they retained their pride on this tour. He had the most wickets in the series and was pretty good with the bat.

The runner up so far should go to Laxman.

I know we still have the finals to come but so far i believe streak has been the best!

I reckon symonds is a good chance.. But Streak has done it all this series, taken the most wickets and has 240 runs so far.

Doctor

Bench
Laxman's three centuries will do him no harm - he is the clear front-runner for the award.

Had Laxman not scored three centuries I think Heath Streak would have cleaned up - he sure has lead from the front on this tour and displayed skills and temperament that I didn't realise he had. He has the third highest batting average and the most wickets in the series.

Adam Gilchrist could take the award if he scores a century in the finals series - he averages 71 (compared to Laxman's 82) for the series with a phenominal strike rate of 121 compared to Laxman's 82. He has also scored more runs from less innings and Laxman's average is only saved by three not-outs Vs none by Gilchrist.

You would think that Brad Williams would be the pick of the bowlers, the lowest average and the lowest economy rate and third on the top-wicket takers list with 12 wickets - Streak and Pathan have gone for more runs and at higher economies (Pathans is 5.38 )

So the list will include:

Laxman
Streak
Gilchrist
Williams

weasel

First Grade
I've gotta say Gilchrist at this point but there's still up to two chances left to impress. He's scored more runs from less innings and been more consistent with his batting- Laxman has failed in the innings where he hasn't made hundreds, whereas Gilly has been getting us off to good starts with quickfire scores in the thirties. Also, though Laxman has three hundreds and Gilchrist just the one with two fifties, the half centuries he scored were both match winning innings against India and in the circumstances just as good as Laxman's tons.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McSharkie said:
Laxman or Williams depending on Sunday.

Man of the series, excludes finals.

Otherwise it's unfair to the players in the team that misses out on the finals.

Macca

Coach
Well thats stupid. Is the series over? No. Why would the man of it be decided before it's over? Streak is still in with a great shot, he has bowled incredibly well against the 2 best ODI sides in the world.

budz

Juniors
McSharkie said:
Well thats stupid. Is the series over? No. Why would the man of it be decided before it's over? Streak is still in with a great shot, he has bowled incredibly well against the 2 best ODI sides in the world.
I think its good that it doesnt include the finals. Its just not fair otherwise! Its like counting the finals in the NRL to count towards the Dally M!! How absolutely ridiculous would that be! Imagine if Peachey had a chance of winning the Dally M this year but could cause the Sharkies couldnt make the finals! Dont u think that would be really really unfair?

Latest posts