What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

manly 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Awesome performance in that first half. I thought we were nearing an offensive performance like that but i didn't think it would come at brookvale.

2nd half wasnt great although we still scored 22 points. I know they were bored but i hope robbo puts a rocket up them because that wasn't premiership quality defence.

We are right in this comp up to our eye balls though.

3 2 1s are tough, i can only judge on that first 20 when the game was won and i thought our 6, 7 and 9 controlled and shifted the ball beautifully so...

3 cronk
2 friend
1 keary.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Friend
2. Keary
1. Latrell

Yeah yeah, yeah, I realise they let in 24 points but at no stage was the result in any doubt. Should have been 76-24 if not for a few missed chances.

Commentators alike will still say that wasn’t an 80 min performance. They’ll probably still be saying it if we win the comp.

H.H

Juniors
Robbo detonated over those last coupe of tries and so he should've. We can say it meant nothing etc, but if our 2013 side played this game Manly would not have even looked like posting a point.

That's the edge you need to win comps and our 2002 side had it too. We're right there and if we can find that edge I reckon we're just about home. Anyway:

3 - Friend
2 - Keary
1 - Latrell

Manly’s first try come after about five/six tackles sets, so I can forgive that one but the others, including the arssey effort after the break was because attacking players were allowed to continually stand and offload. Robbo, if you believe the pre match commentary, spent the week concentrating on their attack so hopefully this is just a blip in our defensive radar. It should at least keep the boys honest this week ahead of another important game.

3. Friend
2. Keary
1. Latrell

Valheru

Coach
Yeah I can forgive the 1st and 2nd tries. The 1st one shouldn't have been given and the 2nd one the boys were still in the sheds for the HT break but the 3rd and 4th were just poor efforts and the guys had switched off. Manly would have racked up 30 if not for Teddy stripping the ball off Turbo at the end there which is just unacceptable regardless of how many points we score

Anyways, it is always nice to have something to work on and keep your focus and the defence has turned up 90% of the time this season when required so hopefully it is the same this week.

Lambretta

First Grade
JWH, Keary, Friend, Tedesco and Latrell were all in the running for points in the 321s this week. They were all immense

3 - Friend
2 - Keary
1 - Latrell

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. It all started up front with the forwards laying the platform, and to mine it started with the big man. 16 runs for 166 metres, 22 tackles. Quality performance.

2 points: Jake Friend. Only ran 4 times but gained 54 metres, made 45 tackles and had 2 try assists. Probably his best all round game in years.

1 point: Luke Keary. 19 tackles, 7 runs for 91 metres, 2 try assists. Looks dynamic in attack and his defence was solid.

Tommy Smith

Referee
An outstanding attacking display. The 3/4s got early ball on the dry track and wreaked havoc.

I loved the break where Fergo retrieved the deep kick, spiralled the ball to Teddy who then did the same to Toops, who then proceeded to stand up that fat lazy lump Suli.

We then strolled down field and shifted back to the right for Fergo to finish off the move he started. Perhaps the best part was Boo running full steam to steal that pass intended for Teddy who was going to cut inside; all because Radley could see the space and numbers out wide. What a f**king gun footy player. The confidence and vision of the man!

Anyway it was just a brilliant footy try that was the highlight of a day that we might look back on as the start of our Premiership run.

3. Friend. His best performance in 5 years. It was the complete hooking performance. He executed a blind side play for a try and a kick for a try - both of which tend to be his kryptonite. Unbelievable! Keep that up and we won't be beaten.
2. JWH. Another outstanding display. He led from the front and dominated the middle. Back to his best.
1. Radley. Scored the first try and had a crucial hand in the 3rd and 4th. Man love at maximum for Boo.

Special mentions to Keary and Latrell. They were deadly but their best work was when the game was won hence I gave my points to the guys who had more to do with the scoring of points 1-28 rather than points 29-56 lol @ Manly.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3. Friend - May he long continue proving me wrong
2. JWH - Same as above really got us off to a good start
1. Keary - classy touches and solid defense