What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly in the gong.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great win by the Dragons in front of a great crowd. The hill looked great on TV.

Very ugly game in terms of errors. Saints were far better in the 1st half than Manly and set the platform for the win. They could have easily gone in ahead by more if not for the bunker ruling out Suli's try which was a joke. 2nd half both teams played with a ton of mistakes. Saints conceded 1 try in the 1st 5 mins and the other in the last 5 mins. Apart from that defence was immense.

Sloan getting better and Lomax probably playing his career best form yet not happy where he is playing. He is getting much more ball and has so much freedom now so I will never understand why this attitude to playing wing. Was that him banging the esky as a drum in the team song? Looks pretty happy to me?

Sua' and JDB had crackers, how long are Saints going to wait to re-sign these guys. JDB is a 10+ years players so should not hurt the cap with the long term player payment exclusion (is it 200k per player?).

Liddle looked gassed so not sure why he was not rested earlier or at least last 10 mins of 1st half so he can be slightly fresher 2nd half. Flanno knows best I supposed. I also notice Bird hobbling a bit during the game. He may not be a centre sooner than we think.

Manly was not a top 8 side last year but looked like one for this year so good to get points off them. I think Saints biggest issue will be their for and against. They cannot afford to lose by big scores like they have. If they lose, make it at least by 6 or less.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
For me, this is Sloan’s last chance this week.
He needs to be better in defence. Not grounding that ball in goal last week is yet ANOTHER example of how he is not up to first grade. Yep, he’s great in open space, yep he backs up well. But he’s a liability in defence and makes too many stupid decisions and errors.
If he has another game where he single handily costs us tries, I’d be moving Lomax to fullback and dropping Sloan back to reserves for a couple of months.
You used to be Sloan's biggest fan and thought we had this great nursery of juniors. What happened there champ?