What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly v Melbourne GF 2017

oval

Juniors
I predict that these two mighty clubs will again to battle for the prize this year.

Hopefully a repeat of 2008 rather than 2007.

Go Manly!

That's the reason I didn't buy tickets yesterday when i had the chance as a member, would rather have a heart to heart with Buzz than watch Manly and Melbourne in the GF.

Brutus

Referee
Please no. We've been lucky the last 3 years with failytale stories and all that. Melbourne and Manly would be a horrible match-up. Put the Roosters in there with them as well. Parramatta v Brisbane would be ideal.

Big Pete

Referee
Considering many had them tipped for the wooden spoon, the Sea Eagles have been pretty impressive. They showed flashes of it against the Eels and the Rabbitohs, but when they held the Cowboys out for all those sets in the second half of Round 3 you just knew they were a serious side this season. They've still got some inconsistensy about them and a couple of their players are nothing more than gap fillers but they're going to give this season a fair shake and if they play their cards right will be one of the teams to beat in 2018-19.

For all this talk about Gus, Bozo must be in the running for sainthood given the miracle he pulled off. Smart signing after smart signing, real impressive stuff from one of the smartest men in Rugby League. It just makes you wonder where it all went wrong for NSW?

oval

Juniors
Yeah I'll let you have Manly as a mighty club

but Melbourne? go piss up a rope.

I dislike Melbourne more than any other club, but they have been a dominant team for a fair while now, hence the word mighty.

Look Manly are going really well and they dusted us last weekend but I think their depth will really be tested if they lose a couple of players between now and the finals.

Also the side has quite a few players who haven't played finals football. So I definitely see them as a Club on the rise but I can't see them making the GF this year.

I really think it will be out of 4 sides with Melbourne a definite playing either the Broncos, Roosters or Sharks.