What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly vs Parra Round 21 Match Thread

Eels vs Sea Eagles - Team Line-up

25/07/2006
By Manly Sea Eagles

Head Coach Des Hasler has selected a largely unchanged line-up for Saturday nights clash against the Eels at Parramatta. Stephen Bell has been named at number 15 and Brett Stewart is back in the fullback position.
SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Chris Hicks, Steve Matai, Paul Stephenson, Travis Burns, Matt Orford, Jason King, Michael Monaghan, Brent Kite, Luke Williamson, Glenn Stewart, Ben Kennedy ©
Interchange: Shayne Dunley, Steve Bell, Kylie Leuluai, Mark Bryant, George Rose (1 player to be omitted)
Sea Eagles Premier League: Mark Lennon, Mitch Creary, Sean Meaney, Rob Toshack, Wes Tillott, J P Cherry (C), Michael Witt, Jim Curtis, Matt Ballin, Phil Morwood, Nathan Tutt, Adam Cuthbertson, Jason Wells
Interchange: Clint Halden, Todd Barrow, Mailangi Styles, Sean Dalton, Sione Finefeuiaki
Seal Eagles Jersey Flegg: Rodney Peake, Andrew Everingham, Sam Key, Tom Joseph, Tim Mortimer, Matthew Marshall, Aaron Groom, Vic Mauro (c), Wayne Boorer, Chris Trembath, Mark Offerdahl, Adam Shaw, John O’Sullivan
Interchange: J P Hawach, Sean Rath, Trent Rose, Daniel Harrison, Harry Berryman, Jay Heming, Brooke Nickson

Cletus

First Grade
I'm praying that Bell is back in the starting lineup for this. He's worth a try a game and solid in defence. Stewart back is a massive plus, Hicks and Robertson have all sorts of problems with one on one tackles at fullback. I was hoping Beaver would be back because I think we miss him defensively.
I think we've got a good chance of an upset here. The Tigers were awful against Parra last week, so they could be a bit cocky. On the other hand we had an awe-inspiring comeback after a poor first half.
I hope we win but realistically Parra by 8.

CharlieF

Juniors
I am glad Stewart is back. Robinson is a good winger, but after watching the Penrith game, Fullback he is not. Bell on the bench doesn't sound good though.

Disco

Bench
I'm pretty confident, the eels are getting cocky (top 4, pfffft) and are due to be taken down a notch

Nutzcraw

Juniors
We'll roll em!!

Parra haven't played that good they came up against a depleted wests tigers and did it easy which IMO is expected and they were crap against the warriors any other team would have put em away.. but the warriors gave them a 16 point start.. they won't get that sat night and even if they do we'll run em down just like in rnd 8 :)

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Here's hoping... A win here and we are in the 8 for sure and can aim up at the real top 4. Not 2007 like Hindy was talking. ;)

RainMan

Juniors
Parra at Parra Stadium is a tough ask. 5 wins in a row is no easy feat. Credit where credit is due, Parra is playing good football. I have tipped Parra in my local tipping comp. so hopefully reverse psychology gets Manly through.

Cletus

First Grade
I just couldn't get over how bad the Tiges were though. 3 intercepts and every third pass hit the turf. They were a shambles. I'm onto my third beer so Manly by 6 now:)

blocker6969

Juniors
CharlieF said:
I am glad Stewart is back. Robinson is a good winger, but after watching the Penrith game, Fullback he is not. Bell on the bench doesn't sound good though.

WHO THE f**k IS ROBINSON? CHAD ? he plays for eels and is a 2nd rower

chileman

Coach
:? No Beaver and Watmough.....going to be a tough ask but we stepped up to beat the Panthers.....JUST!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Should be a fantastic game of footy.

I, for one, don't appreciate comments from our players saying, "Yeah, we're aiming for a Top 4 spot..." It places ridiculous pressure on the team to perform.

I'm not 100% confident we will win, but I am confident of one thing - whoever does win this game will have a big fight in their hands. You guys fought tooth and nail last week, and our defence has been getting better and better every week.

I think this will be a great game of footy. Good luck to your guys (just not too much lol).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Thanks, mate. I'll be ecstatic if we win. But I would be happy if you guys won - if our guys put in the effort. It's all good! lol

chileman

Coach
Eelementary said:
Thanks, mate. I'll be ecstatic if we win. But I would be happy if you guys won - if our guys put in the effort. It's all good! lol
OIY, enough of this pansy stuff, bring back the hatred between the clubs ;-) :p

Parra2006

Juniors
Nutzcraw said:
We'll roll em!!

Parra haven't played that good they came up against a depleted wests tigers and did it easy which IMO is expected and they were crap against the warriors any other team would have put em away.. but the warriors gave them a 16 point start.. they won't get that sat night and even if they do we'll run em down just like in rnd 8 :)

You will be eating your words Saturday night buddy