What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann Vs Aitken, who deserves the starting centre role?

Who deserves the starting centre role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RufusRex

Post Whore
On reflection I think we need to persist with Lafai for a while and see what we get from him this year. He really is a rocks and diamonds player.
I would say Mann and Lafai is our best option for now but I haven't written off Aitken either.
If Lafai continues to make errors though he will have to be replaced. I don't think you can just say ahh well take the good with the bad.

yep much better taking just bad

Life's Good

Coach
This will be Aitkens 4th year in FG & we are still talking about ‘developing his game’.
Mann has been given limited chances & used all over the place & hasn’t really let us down(he gets a pass from me for his 1st game in 2016). With Aitken still getting over surgery I would have him in NSW Cup to let him build his confidence & give Mann first crack.

Crush

Coach
yep much better taking just bad
You have lost me.
I just said that we should start with Lafai but replace him if he continues to make errors (like throwing the ball at the ankles of his outside man on the 3rd tackle) and that's your response?
I think I am being pretty open minded here no? I haven't said sack the bastard I just said the rocks and diamonds thing will get old quickly.
Again, I think we should start with Lafai and see who we get in 2018.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Lafai's game doesn't need developing .. if you tell him to be more selective then you will miss as many try scoring opportunites as errors.

The team just need to be awake to the offload and if it is thrown into the wingers foot one game then accept it because more than likely in the next couple of games the pass will be on point.

Just accept that he will make mistakes and it is easier to appreciate his play.

Aitken - well he is just another Rein ... overhyped local junior. Penrith worked it out pretty quick.

Como Connection

First Grade
Lafai's game doesn't need developing .. if you tell him to be more selective then you will miss as many try scoring opportunites as errors.

The team just need to be awake to the offload and if it is thrown into the wingers foot one game then accept it because more than likely in the next couple of games the pass will be on point.

Just accept that he will make mistakes and it is easier to appreciate his play.

Aitken - well he is just another Rein ... overhyped local junior. Penrith worked it out pretty quick.
Correct about Aitken for sure.
CC

gitano

Juniors
This will be Aitkens 4th year in FG & we are still talking about ‘developing his game’.
Mann has been given limited chances & used all over the place & hasn’t really let us down(he gets a pass from me for his 1st game in 2016). With Aitken still getting over surgery I would have him in NSW Cup to let him build his confidence & give Mann first crack.
'We' are talking about developing his game? We as in a bunch of uneducated circle jerkers on a forum. Doesn't mean anyone that matters is talking like that.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Mann/Aitken is a false comparison. Lafai should be no where near first grade.

Straight Shooter
I love that your name is Objective View, and you just spouted bullshit despite the fact only a few posts earlier, there is this, which objectively proves Lafai is a better centre than Aitken.

Can't get more objective than statistics mate
because of three things

1. He is not a local junior
2. He makes mistakes
3. He had a poor 1st season due to injury

People made up their minds then

Forget the fact that last year in terms of tries
Aitken:
12 games - 6 tries, 1 assist, 11 tries caused by his mistakes defence ... net negative 4 in 12 games
Lafai
24 games - 7 tries, 11 assists, 13 tries cased by his mistakes in defence ... net positive 5 in 24 games

so immeditately it is obvious that
1. Lafai defends better at centre
2. Lafai is a lot better at setting up players around him
3. Aitken has a higher strike rate at scoring himself .. Mind you those 6 tries came from 3 line breaks ... So a few from kicks there and not so much his own ability to cross the line ball in hand. Lafai had 9 line breaks in his 24 games.

So pretty much everything there points to Lafai being the better centre.

The other thing is the explosion over Aitkens ability to break tackles ... 41 to 75 last season ... So in twice the games lafai made almost twice the tackle breaks meaning he is not that far behind Aitken in that department either.

So really ... what does Aitken have in his game that makes him a superior option to Lafai ..
The only thing that he has is his junior postcode and that is not a basis for selection.

RED73V

Juniors
Kurt Mann’s pace , DEFENCE & his decision making in defence fat out weighs Aitken’s & IMHO there is no comparison hands down . MCGREGOR give him a starting spot he is a gun player!! Bellamy used to pick him in his starting squad & he is a far better judge then YOU. He is totally wasted on the bench for only 7 minutes a game in my opinion. But super coach knows best :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I picked Mann over Aitken. It was a very easy decision too

If I was coach, I would have Lafai, Lomax, Mann and McDonald at centre all ahead of Aitken. I would also be interested in seeing more of Herbert. I don't even consider Aitken a center and neither should Mary. I think Aikten would be one of the worst centres in the comp, if we choose to play him there.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Right now the vote is 61 to Mann and 2 to Aitken. lol I think that is very telling. lol

Aitken should not even be considered for centre fullstop.

gitano

Juniors
Right now the vote is 61 to Mann and 2 to Aitken. lol I think that is very telling. lol

Aitken should not even be considered for centre fullstop.
A survey only taking into account views of people who have no idea isn't very telling at all.
Would be nice to have a survey where the criteria for participating requires more than an internet connection.

Gyps.

Latest posts