What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann

Frank Facer

First Grade
Listen. I have forgotten more about League than you'll ever know. I have played at NSW cup level for multiple seasons and know a footballer when I see one.

Mann is no 7. Not his fault. I'm just bringing reality to the uneducated masses on here, yourself included.
I have got mates who played reps at junior level and played league since they were 5 years old, they were good footy players, one even coached a junior team too. I have another mate who only played a few games for the school in year 12 before getting a major knee injury that finished his season. My mate who only played a few games for the school has a much better perspective on the game and can identify good players better than my mates who played since they were 5 years old, played in junior rep teams and coached junior teams.

Many great players fail to make good coaches, while most good coaches were average first graders or not even regular first graders.

If you ask Mann what his best position is, he will tell you in the halves, where he played most of his juniors. I think Mann's best position is in the halves. I don't think he is a centre, winger or fullback.

Mann will be competing for the full back role next season with Dufty and Field.

Dufty and Field have more speed

All three capable of playing the link man role

Mann has more FG experience and is at this stage a better defender.

Can see Mann playing Centre or Wing next year barring injuries to the halves or full back.

emu62

Juniors
Gitano, trying to convince people on this forum that you know all about league due to playing at a reasonable level (reserve grade) is a total waste of time. You see, our supercoach, who played at a slightly higher level than you (NRL,NSW,AUST) is also like you & has NFI, therefore totally negating your argument If you want to get on a winner,i am not in the legal industry but may i suggest you try taking the league to court over the long term effects of concussion, the evidence is overwhelming

gitano

Juniors
Mann isn't a half. Circle jerk all you want. If Mccrone played 7 last week, we're playing this week.

gitano

Juniors
McCrone lol some one's pulling something and its you.
He would have straightened us up.
Laugh all you want, but it's what Mccrone would have done for those around him. Instead we play Mann who crabbed all game and we're off to Bali.

Drag Queen

Bench
He would have straightened us up.
Laugh all you want, but it's what Mccrone would have done for those around him. Instead we play Mann who crabbed all game and we're off to Bali.
My only criticism of Mann is that he is a ball hog. Saw it numerous times last year with the Cutters. He could have offloaded quite a few times and he didn't, Having said that I still believe he can cut it in FG. Given another chance at FB I think he could do well. He's quick (albeit not as fast as Field) but defensively is better than Dufty and Field. Just a thought,

nontime111

Juniors
yes!! I concur!! I was so dissapointed in his year after seeing how he went on the gold coast! this is a coaching thing, Mary is lame, too matey, doesnt get up them enough obviously, even junior coaches do this

Drag Queen

Bench
I have got mates who played reps at junior level and played league since they were 5 years old, they were good footy players, one even coached a junior team too. I have another mate who only played a few games for the school in year 12 before getting a major knee injury that finished his season. My mate who only played a few games for the school has a much better perspective on the game and can identify good players better than my mates who played since they were 5 years old, played in junior rep teams and coached junior teams.

Many great players fail to make good coaches, while most good coaches were average first graders or not even regular first graders.

If you ask Mann what his best position is, he will tell you in the halves, where he played most of his juniors. I think Mann's best position is in the halves. I don't think he is a centre, winger or fullback.
Disagree. He should be on the wing or FB.

Drag Queen

Bench
yes!! I concur!! I was so dissapointed in his year after seeing how he went on the gold coast! this is a coaching thing, Mary is lame, too matey, doesnt get up them enough obviously, even junior coaches do this
It's sad isn't it. Mary too focused on the forwards and burnt them out. No idea how to organise the backs.

dragon thomo

Juniors
McDonald does not have the ticker for first grade. He just might have the speed but he does not run with venom, so he tries to compensate this with trying to offload all the time. He has to many handling errors in him which puts us under pressure. His defenceive problems are the coaches fault as it is his job to teach a player not to run in and leave his wing.

Mr Red

First Grade
I'll probably get shot down here but I don't think there is a place for Mann in our starting team. I think he'll always be the utility player to slot in as injuries occur.

He's not a half, lacks basic skills needed and with Widdop and hunt on board as the starting halves he won't get a look in.

i don't think Mann is physically at the size modern day three quarters need to be , there were many games he looked like a little kid in defence trying to handle bigger players.

This lack of physical size is what he needs to address in the off season.
We lack a genuine left centre as lafai is useless... maybe if Mann puts on 10kilos he might have a chance here..but I doubt it.

JDHD

Juniors
Mann was an absolute liability in the Dogs game. Real shame, he's very inconsistent in the halves (Warriors and Titans game vs Dogs and other Titans game).

Latest posts