What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mann

possm

Coach
True. Hadn't thought of that.

Maybe it's time to take dugans offer off the table.
At the moment, Mann is not in Millward's plans and Dugan is wanting to take up more of the cap than Millward has to offer. Field is on Millward's whiteboard at fullback and Dugan / Aitken are on that whiteboard as right centre. Packer is the problem and as Dugan and Packer have the same manager, Millward can be mucked around by delaying Packers deal until after Dugan is signed.

In my opinion there is no other bidder for Dugan. The Dogs would be happy to have him at bargain basement price, the Tigers won't pay him what the Dragons have offerd and the Titans can't sign him unless Hayne leaves.

The sensible thing is to contact Hayne's manager and arrange with the Titans for an immediate swap; Dugan for Hayne.

On the other side of the Dugan / Packer thing, Packer has clubs lined up to sign him and his value will increase after tonight's test. The resulting price increase will mean the Dragons won't have the cap space to sign him and Lafai unless they let go Dugan and don't sign a marquee replacement fullback.

Crush

Coach
I think Mann is one or two good games away from a big pay day.
He would be crazy to sign anything right now. No Widdop or Duges this is his chance to shine.
How do you feel about duges mate? I think he is a great player and all but I am sick of the constant concern that he is going to get injured every time he plays. He is unlucky and misses too many games.
I think you are right regarding Mann. He could be about to explode. With next years halves locked in maybe he could be the answer to Dugans replacement?
He might not be Dugan level but at least he isn't on the sidelines all the time....

ALSGI

Bench
How do you feel about duges mate? I think he is a great player and all but I am sick of the constant concern that he is going to get injured every time he plays. He is unlucky and misses too many games.
I think you are right regarding Mann. He could be about to explode. With next years halves locked in maybe he could be the answer to Dugans replacement?
He might not be Dugan level but at least he isn't on the sidelines all the time....
Crush, I've always said I rate Duges highly, simply put we're always better when he plays. If we have to let him go so be it, we'll move on and be cashed up. Mann could be a ready replacement, at FB or anywhere in the backs and his asking price will soar if he goes well at 6 next couple of games while Widdop's out and at 1 maybe while Duges is out.
I'd reckon Millward is already chewing the fat with Mann's Manager tbh.

mickeylane

Bench
Every team needs a utility back like Mann. What a wonderful resource to have a player who potentially can fill in anywhere in the backline. Mary has not realised it as yet, but Mann's ability to successfully fill in at five-eighth, may just save the Dragons season.

With Mann in the side and four forwards on the bench, the Dragons will have the capacity to keep the forward pack fresh and dominant. If a back is injured during a game, the hole can easily be filled by Mann and a fresh backrow forward could fill one of the centre positions.

Waiting till Mann proves himself is not the way to go. Millward should sign him prior to his inevitable price rise. Problem is that Millward and Mary are in many ways alike when it comes to learning from previous mistakes.

Widdop, Dugan, Packer, Lafai, Milne and Mann have or will show an improvement on last years form and because of this their 2016 price on the market will be greater in 2017.

Waiting does not always result in a better deal.
Just about every team has a player like MANN - players who can play multiple backline positions and excel ...a number of these players are streets ahead of MANN..
No denying MANN Is a handy player but please let's not build him up as a god!! He's a $200k a year player .. The below players are a class above:

Jack Bird at Cronulla (FB/5/8/Centre/Lock)
Clint Guttherson at Parramatta (FB, 5/8, Centre, Wing)
Cameron Munster at Storm (FB, Centre, 5/8)
Jarrod Hayne (FB, Centre, 5/8, Wing)

Gandhi

Juniors
Just about every team has a player like MANN - players who can play multiple backline positions and excel ...a number of these players are streets ahead of MANN..
No denying MANN Is a handy player but please let's not build him up as a god!! He's a $200k a year player .. The below players are a class above:

Jack Bird at Cronulla (FB/5/8/Centre/Lock)
Clint Guttherson at Parramatta (FB, 5/8, Centre, Wing)
Cameron Munster at Storm (FB, Centre, 5/8)
Jarrod Hayne (FB, Centre, 5/8, Wing)
Ha ha. That is no comparison. Mann has been mucked around by mcgregor with no game time, sitting on the bench and not put on the field for weeks in a row. You have a short memory, Jack Bird left us because he wasnt given a chance by mary either. He was told he was not ready for first grade. Ond year later he is a star!! Same will happen with mann, he will leave, find a club who values him ...and be a star.

mickeylane

Bench
Ha ha. That is no comparison. Mann has been mucked around by mcgregor with no game time, sitting on the bench and not put on the field for weeks in a row. You have a short memory, Jack Bird left us because he wasnt given a chance by mary either. He was told he was not ready for first grade. Ond year later he is a star!! Same will happen with mann, he will leave, find a club who values him ...and be a star.
you may be right - but u cant pay a player on potential! We need to keep him no doubt....but I'm sure a lot of the retention of any player hinges on Dugans decision....

hazzbeen

Bench
Mann will prove his worth and then some in the next few weeks imo.
Like I said before he was ok to play for the Storm at center with a team that was top 8 but he could not crack a start with our team that was struggling big time last year ....

Gandhi

Juniors
Like I said before he was ok to play for the Storm at center with a team that was top 8 but he could not crack a start with our team that was struggling big time last year ....
When he did crack it in the last 9 weeks, he scored 10 tries. The most of any player! Others played up to 22 games vs his 9 games. Says it all. Mann is a must. The kid has been screwed around by mary but he doesnt complain, he will shine.

True_Believer

Juniors
Strange use of the word 'sticking' considering they have less than 10mins of first grade between them.

They had a lot more experience in NSW cup than Mann - that was the relevance of the term 'sticking' - which must not have been clear enough to you.

Irrespective, last night Mann has proven that he can fill the spot if needed.

BennyV

Referee
Is NOT a half.

Hopefully this resonates with some on here.
I don't want to try and take some sort of high ground here or seem like i'm saying "I told you so", but Mann was never capable of playing in the halves at First Grade level. Just because you've played a few games in the halves in juniors doesn't mean you can make that step up.
He's a natural footballer sure, but he's utility player, always has been.
Wake up Benny.
He isn't a half. He is a winger.
I've said it from the start. A good winger, nothing more nothing less
tenor.gif

Latest posts