What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mansour asking for 400K a season

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have read that Josh Mansour is asking for 400K a season and Gould said that he would be lucky to get to first base asking that kind of money. Mansour is one of the better wingers in the game. We could do with a winger of his quality. If we could sign him for 300K and another 100K in 3rd party deals, it could work?

It got me thinking, that we were apparently paying both Brett Morris and Nightingale 500K or more a season, when the salary cap was a lot less. I knew that we were over paying Morris and Nightingale then.

RufusRex

Post Whore
doesn't seem out of the ball park in terms of salary.

some issues:

1. Since 2012 he has only managed more than 15 games twice
2. Since 2012 he has managed more than 10 tries in a season twice

so again we consider a bloke to be a great finisher but on average he misses as quarter of each season with injury and strikes at about 50%

his DH running/kick returns are solid but we are getting that value already from the team. What we are not getting is x-factor try scoring on both edges. Does Mansour give us that above and beyond what we have already on the books.

We still drastically under utilise a bloke that scores at 90% or there about when playing on the wing.

I think if we are going for a wing then we need to be looking at the real try scorers - the fast blokes pushing up near 75% or higher and genuine x-factor.
Names like JAC/Vunivalo ..

Frank Facer

First Grade
I thought the "lets sign everyone in the comp" threads were an off-season thing.

I stand corrected...
Mansour and Pangia, will not be on the open market by the time the off season come around. They will most likely be signed for next year, in the next 6 weeks or so.

I am obviously interested in our recruitment.

Please tell me what players who's contract had expired at the end of last year and who were on the open market in the offseason that you would have liked us to have signed? I bet you don't name one.

Last edited:

RufusRex

Post Whore
Mansour and Pangia, will not be on the open market by the time the off season come around. They will most likely be signed for next year, in the next 6 weeks or so.

Please tell me what players who's contract had expired at the end of last year, were on the open market that you would have liked us to have signed? I bet you don't name one.

thinking ... Tedesco in hindsight doesn't count.

got one ...

Siliva Havili ;-)

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors

Please tell me what players who's contract had expired at the end of last year and who were on the open market in the offseason that you would have liked us to have signed? I bet you don't name one.
Walmsley?

denis preston

First Grade
I have read that Josh Mansour is asking for 400K a season and Gould said that he would be lucky to get to first base asking that kind of money. Mansour is one of the better wingers in the game. We could do with a winger of his quality. If we could sign him for 300K and another 100K in 3rd party deals, it could work?

It got me thinking, that we were apparently paying both Brett Morris and Nightingale 500K or more a season, when the salary cap was a lot less. I knew that we were over paying Morris and Nightingale then.
No way we were paying that sort of money to Morris & Florence. Morris left whilst he was on 400k so you would think flo was or is on no more than 350k ( i hope so ! )

Frank Facer

First Grade
thinking ... Tedesco in hindsight doesn't count.

got one ...

Siliva Havili ;-)
I just rephrased my comment to who's contract had expired at the end of last year and who were on the open market in the off season, that you would have liked us to have signed.

Obviously Mansour is a tenacious, hard running winger but not exactly Speedy Gonzales,
Doesn't score that many tries actually and is most useful running the ball back.
We have 2 wingers that already do that reasonably well.
If we are going to spend that kind of money, let's get an excitement machine that can score long range tries.
That English guy that someone posted a while ago looked sizzling fast and a real try scorer
Just as an example..

Latest posts