What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei: Exit the Beast.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Deserves a new thread, not some bumped thread from an attention whore.

Has been a great player, will be remembered by a few dullards for a poor game early in his career but the guy was one of my favourite non raiders players.

Good luck to him, if fit he'll strike fear in the ESL.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Has giant gummy bears for hands but always seemed to get the crowd behind him somehow. It's a shame his time in the NRL ended on a whimper like that but if you don't put in the hard yards, Super League beckons. At least he's already used to the bitter cold

no name

Coach
Has giant gummy bears for hands but always seemed to get the crowd behind him somehow. It's a shame his time in the NRL ended on a whimper like that but if you don't put in the hard yards, Super League beckons. At least he's already used to the bitter cold
Yes, 13 years in the top grade isn't 'putting in the hard yards'.
And as AG said, a few early games clouds people's judgement of Manu.
A genuine superstar.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Not putting in the hard yards, good lord....

The guy has tried to come back three times this year and gone down injured soon after. The reason he's going down injured is that for 13 years he's thrown himself at defensive lines with no regard for his own wellbeing.

Best of luck Manu. Never been a player quite like you. Warriors legend.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think that "early game" at Parramatta (I presume that was the one hinted at) epitomises a big part of Vatuvei as a player though. One of my favourite NRL players to watch, don't get me wrong, but he had match-winning potential both for his side and the opposition and apart from energy and enthusiasm you never quite knew what he'd bring each week. Oh, and he always ran the ball harder than any merkin on the field. It was like he took it as an insult if someone ran harder than him.

Still, a lot more fun to watch than some of the boring robots going around, and he was undeniably excellent when he was on song. He may not be the player he was, but some poor little Pommy wingers are still going to get pretty well acquainted with the sole of his boots.

Johns Magic

Referee

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain

Perth Tiger

Bench
One of the best players to watch. Always entertaining mostly for the better stuff and nowhere near as much bad stuff as some carry on with

King hit

Coach

thorson1987

Coach

lol f**k me dead.

implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

thorson1987

Coach
I think that "early game" at Parramatta (I presume that was the one hinted at) epitomises a big part of Vatuvei as a player though. One of my favourite NRL players to watch, don't get me wrong, but he had match-winning potential both for his side and the opposition and apart from energy and enthusiasm you never quite knew what he'd bring each week. Oh, and he always ran the ball harder than any merkin on the field. It was like he took it as an insult if someone ran harder than him.

Still, a lot more fun to watch than some of the boring robots going around, and he was undeniably excellent when he was on song. He may not be the player he was, but some poor little Pommy wingers are still going to get pretty well acquainted with the sole of his boots.

Pretty much spot on.

Latest posts