What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei: Exit the Beast.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Manu will go down as the best winger in the history of the warriors.

The impact he has on the young blokes at the club is immense, all the young Pacific islander boys look up to him. He's like a 3rd starting front rower, wouldn't be many games where he didn't run over 100m, and they would be the hardest metres on offer, generally play one off a kick. Pretty underrated aerially as well.

Club legend with a tonne of Mana

flamin

Juniors
Farewell Manu.

Holds the honour of being the first (only?) player in NRL history to score 10 tries or more in 10 consecutive seasons - a record that flies in the face of those who question his consistency.

Danish

Referee
Always entertaining, probably even more so as a neutral.

His best moment IMO was setting up the match winning try against the storm in 2008, handing the warriors their first finals football in Auckland in some time (then proceeded to f**king destroy my side over there).

His consistent tribute to Sonny Fai also showed him a true class act.

He'll be an unstoppable machine in the ESL

Life's Good

Coach
Great player, great career. His fearless kick returns/first hits were never soft. Most memorable for me will be the grin after a try or big tackle.

Fangs

Coach
Great player. And a great smile to boot.

A shame that Taniela Tuaki and Manu Vatuvei never got to play in a test match together. Would have been just about the scariest wing combination in history.

Red Bear

Referee
I was at his debut against Souths, was just in Sydney for some reason. Two high flying clubs at that point in 2004. Didnt expect him to go on to such a career.

Entertaining player. Good luck to him. Hopefully another Auckland nines at some point for him to have one last Warriors run around

Hutty1986

Immortal
Always loved to watch the big fella play, at his best he was just about unstoppable. Just seems like a bloke that genuinely loves his footy and relishes the chance to go out there and run around with his mates every weekend. Hope he rips into them over in the ESL, you know he will give it his all. Champion player,

rupertpupkin

Juniors
A fantastic player. One of the rare ones that could do the job of winger and prop. I was at the Tigers vs Warriors semi and Manu started with the big runup hitups through the middle, bashing the Tigers like bowling pins. This was in the first half and at that moment, I knew we were toast. Good luck Manu, you were awesome.

Always enjoyed watching him Tongan side step his opposition on the charge to the line.

Except when it was against the Tigers.

I wish him the best in the UK, he'll probably score 150 odd tries in two seasons.