What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marika Koroibete

TYGA

Juniors
The fact he is not playing first grade is an absolute disgrace give his form. If not signed long term a complete blunder by WT. How can we justify Anasta, Lawrence even Lulia at stages in First grade and this kid who is only 22 not get a game.. There must be an AGENDA surely they can create space for him somewhere. WTF?

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
I've heard that Koro isn't completely in the boys club thats becoming a part of the Tigers. His quiet and unpersonable nature makes him not the type of person to be really vocal about his desire to be selected. He likes let his actions do the talking. But boy is he doing that, look at his form in the NSW Cup.

But yeah, since Koro isn't own to toot his own trumpet, it is up to Potter to notice how good he would be for the team. Any failure to do so is a failure of Potters. There is nothing wrong with Koro, just the politics of team selections seem to be preventing him from making a good fist of the NRL.

Koro should change his name to Siro as it looks like nepotism and cronyism apparently play a part in team selections before form.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Boys club rumour.

I don't buy it.

I think Potter has shown he is only replacing players with others who play the same position. Given Nofoaluma & Richards have been fit has kept Koro out of the top side.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think Potter sees is as a choice between Koro and Richards. I can see why Potter would choose Richards however I'd be inclined to go with Koro now.

Richards adds a lot to the side but to me Koro is the better winger.

We have problems with our attack,with Farah in we improve 10 fold however,while Brooks offers something, Anasta offers nothing so its easy for opposition defences to read us.Koro to me offers something thats why i would have him in the team with Nofo replacing Lawrence.Rowdy for me could go to the bench and play in the back row,at times he struggles with his pace in our backline but he still may trouble opposition forwards if he played in the ruck.

TYGA

Juniors
I think Potter sees is as a choice between Koro and Richards. I can see why Potter would choose Richards however I'd be inclined to go with Koro now.

Richards adds a lot to the side but to me Koro is the better winger.

Richards has one year left. Whilst I am not justifying replacing him as he is going very well Koro should be used as Lulia has and given a crack in the backline. There needs to be a reward for effort and the kid has been outstanding. If we could get him and Simona on the same side of the field there isn't a centre winger combination that can catch them.

Nofo is strong but lacks electric pace I feel he would be ideal in the centres. Lawrence is just average.

The coach is sending the wrong message with Anasta and Lawrence still being selected.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Richards has one year left. Whilst I am not justifying replacing him as he is going very well Koro should be used as Lulia has and given a crack in the backline. There needs to be a reward for effort and the kid has been outstanding. If we could get him and Simona on the same side of the field there isn't a centre winger combination that can catch them.

Nofo is strong but lacks electric pace I feel he would be ideal in the centres. Lawrence is just average.

The coach is sending the wrong message with Anasta and Lawrence still being selected.

You're right with this. Why I like Nofo at centre is he normally beats the first tackler creating either a half break or forcing another player to come in to assist in the tackle. All he needs to do is create that half break and give the ball to Koro...instant four points and with Richards on the other wing...pretty certain six points. ;-)

TYGA

Juniors
I can recalll the great Gus Gould stating in commentary Nofo's future was likely in the centres in a game earlier this year. Just looks likely: tough, breaks tackles, runs good lines, safe under the high ball. Given Koro is in NSW Cup and likely lost as a result of not playing the real question is why this is happening with underperformers namely Lawrence in the side.

At least Potter is not killing the side performance/recruitments with bad selections.

I just don't understand Anasta, Lawrence, Lulia (Early in the year) being given a green light to play whatever way they feel without consequences.

macnaz

Staff member
I can recalll the great Gus Gould stating in commentary Nofo's future was likely in the centres in a game earlier this year. Just looks likely: tough, breaks tackles, runs good lines, safe under the high ball. Given Koro is in NSW Cup and likely lost as a result of not playing the real question is why this is happening with underperformers namely Lawrence in the side.

At least Potter is not killing the side performance/recruitments with bad selections.

I just don't understand Anasta, Lawrence, Lulia (Early in the year) being given a green light to play whatever way they feel without consequences.

So what do we call picking Lawrence :(

super_coach

First Grade
I just cant believe why we would let him walk mid season. He was off contract come October so it was not to create cap space for 2015 and beyond.

Why would we give another team some advantage for the remainder of 2014, especially a team that will be in the running for the top eight.

Have we got a secret signing coming or was this a sort of trade with the young kid we got from the Storm . It would be nice for the club to give some insight but I suspect we will get the usual piece of fluff wishing Koro all the best

Tiger05

First Grade
If we could get him and Simona on the same side of the field there isn't a centre winger combination that can catch them.

I'd love to see this. Put Sirro there as well and I think we would score a tonne of tries.

To me Lawrence and Richards have to be moved to make room for this combination. I don't think Potter agrees with this assessment and I think he should see it because to me its obvious.

macnaz

Staff member
I'd love to see this. Put Sirro there as well and I think we would score a tonne of tries.

To me Lawrence and Richards have to be moved to make room for this combination. I don't think Potter agrees with this assessment and I think he should see it because to me its obvious.

Richards has done everything asked of him so there is no way he should be dropped .. Its the 2 players in middle starving them of possession .they are where the changes have to be made .

macnaz

Staff member
Can anyone confirm if Kori will playing this weekend ??? Never mind ill give it a miss now regardless.
Lol watch the state cup side die in the arse now ... every player that has won game after game for them has got the arse .. Grant , Mr T and now Kori .. wow talk about looking after your deepth .. anyway as mentioned im not going to bother watching anymore state cup games , such a f**king downer.